• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

HAL Round 18

Andy

EastEnder said:
If the game finished 1-4, who is top of the league. We will have the same goal diff and goals scored etc. It won't be an issue by this time tomorrow but wondering what the next deciding factor is?

Queensland would be.

It would be sorted by our head to head record this season.

EastEnder

Cheers lads, hopefully a comprehensive arsekicking of Melb will mean we dont have to worry about this sort of thing.

Omni

Fox Sports saying that they aren't level on goals scored  ???

They always make a big deal about teams going "top of the table"

Omni

hahaha Colosimo has done it again

"Simon dissapointing performance" "No, I thought it was a great first half"

Andy

Omni said:
hahaha Colosimo has done it again

"Simon dissapointing performance" "No, I thought it was a great first half"

;D

Would have loved to hear Covic after the Scums loss.

Roar_Fan

Hi everyone.
A disappointing round for u guys but a fantastic end to the year for me.(Roar supporter)
Qld is now 1st on the ladder and I can see u guys slipping down the ladder.
Happy new year.

Jimmy

Roar_Fan said:
Hi everyone.
A disappointing round for u guys but a fantastic end to the year for me.(Roar supporter)
Qld is now 1st on the ladder and I can see u guys slipping down the ladder.
Happy new year.

Thank you captain f**king obvious.

kevrenor

Quite a round that one, if we can be dispassionate for a moment:

*The Hyundai A-League 2007/08 season aggregate crowd figure passed the
one million mark during round 18. The one millionth fan was present
during the Central Coast Mariners v Melbourne Victory match at
Bluetongue Stadium.

* Round 18 saw the highest number of goals scored in a round of the
Hyundai A-League; 21 goals. The previous record was 19 goals in Round 11
of the Hyundai A-League 2005/06 season.

*This was the second time in Hyundai A-League history that all away
teams won. The previous occasion was in Round 6 of the Hyundai A-League
2005/06 season.

*Adelaide United set a record home crowd of 25,039 which was also a
record crowd for a Football (soccer) match in South Australia (domestic
or international).

* The Central Coast Mariners set a new home crowd record of 18,686 which
surpassed their previous record of 17,514 which was set last week
(Saturday 22 December 2007) against Sydney FC.

* This is the first time that the Queensland Roar has held 1st position
of the Hyundai A-League 2007/08 table at the end of a round.

Then again there's 9 days of our lives we'd like to forget, football wise!

FFC Mariner

Whist I am excited about the bigger picture, crowds, goals etc. I cant recall a more emotionally draining period as a Mariners fan that the last 2 games.

Lawrie, please, please, please can we see a dire 1-0 to the Mariners performance with 9 men behind the ball for 85 minutes snuffing everything out.

This "excitement" shit is doing my head in

dibo

Greenpoleffc said:
Whist I am excited about the bigger picture, crowds, goals etc. I cant recall a more emotionally draining period as a Mariners fan that the last 2 games.

Lawrie, please, please, please can we see a dire 1-0 to the Mariners performance with 9 men behind the ball for 85 minutes snuffing everything out.

This "excitement" shit is doing my head in

damn straight.

snaffle an early lead and then park the frickin bus already.

8-1-1, here we come. and could i give a f**k if our boys get to lift a trophy at the end? not in the slightest.

excitement can blow me*, i want three points.

* curious choice of words on reflection...

Omni

I'd rather be a boring team and win, than an exciting team and lose.

There's nothing more exciting than winning anyway.

beccstar

Right on Omni!
its all about the 3 points... dirty win, boring win, lucky win, we dont care winning is winning!!! We all want the same!! to hold that trophy at the end..

adz

Staff member
How about we split the difference and say have a boring game, then exciting, then boring... etc
A few 1-0 grind it out wins will surely bring out the "WE WANT MORE EXCITING FOOTBALL" people ;)

Atomic

A-league = 90 minutes, 90 emotions. Give me goals anyday. If we play exciting football then I believe we'll win more than we lose. I was at the SFS Rd1 where Sasho scored in the 7th minute (from memory) and whilst the remaining 83 were edge of the seat stuff not wanting to concede the equalizer, nothing beats the joy of celebrating a goal. You can argue that the aim is to lift the trophy at the end of the season but I'd rather do it with style, flair and packed stadiums. Grinding out results admirable but life is short and I want passion and joy  :piralaugh: :pirashoot:

~Floss~

Atomic said:
A-league = 90 minutes, 90 emotions. Give me goals anyday. If we play exciting football then I believe we'll win more than we lose. I was at the SFS Rd1 where Sasho scored in the 7th minute (from memory) and whilst the remaining 83 were edge of the seat stuff not wanting to concede the equalizer, nothing beats the joy of celebrating a goal. You can argue that the aim is to lift the trophy at the end of the season but I'd rather do it with style, flair and packed stadiums. Grinding out results admirable but life is short and I want passion and joy  :piralaugh: :pirashoot:

So you'd be happy if the remaining 3 games are as "exciting" like the last two 7+goal "thrillers" (losses), and we come in 4th - or even 5th - to Qld, Syd, Newcastle and maybe Adelaide?

I think most will agree that it would be humiliating to throw away the prem from here after leading all season (only 2 weeks spent as "joint" top of the league).

Atomic

~Floss~ said:
Atomic said:

So you'd be happy if the remaining 3 games are as "exciting" like the last two 7+goal "thrillers" (losses), and we come in 4th - or even 5th - to Qld, Syd, Newcastle and maybe Adelaide?

I think most will agree that it would be humiliating to throw away the prem from here after leading all season (only 2 weeks spent as "joint" top of the league).
No, I wouldn't be happy if we come 4th or 5th... what do you think?!!! You missed the point. Playing a "grinding out a win" style of football doesn't guarenttee you a win or a draw. We could quite easily lose the last 3 games 1- nil. I don't think you automatically increase your chances of wining by being conservative and safe. I'm saying that if we have the talent to back up the objective of attacking football then unleash it! If we don't have the firepower, then attacking football is out of the question. Do u think we can play attacking football and score more times than out opponents???

serious14

1-0 wins can be exciting y'know, and for that matter, so can 0-0 draws (see Sweden/Trinidad & Tobago in the World Cup)...... I seem to remember us pwning Sydney all over the park that night in Round 1 - who can honestly say they didn't get excited by that game??  Stunning midfield play, solid defence, chances all over the shop.

Just because the scoreline isn't stupidly high doesn't mean you don't go the full range of emotions - look at the 1-1 draw in the finals against Newcastle in Season 1.......

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Julihrb