• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

HAL Round 18

Horza

Wow. Breeze makes the big calls right vs you guys, and the big calls wrong vs Adelaide. The inconsistency continues...

Andy

Lloydo said:
Get over it.
Referee's make bad decisions. They also make good ones.
I lol'd when Breeze gave Cassio a yellow for diving. I good decision after a run of bad ones.

There seemed to be contact involved in the diving incident than the sending off IMO.

Can we please, please stop the conspiracy talks. Seriously it's just stupid talk.

Horza

Santa's playing with more confidence and hope it continues but I still think he's meh. More kicks like that though...

Horza

Andy said:
Lloydo said:
Get over it.
I lol'd when Breeze gave Cassio a yellow for diving. I good decision after a run of bad ones.
It was a yellow, and I say that as a Sydney troll. There is no conspiracy but Breeze's war on consistent refereeing continues.

There seemed to be contact involved in the diving incident than the sending off IMO.

Can we please, please stop the conspiracy talks. Seriously it's just stupid talk.

It was a yellow, an obvious opportunity wasn't denied, Brosque made a meal out of minimal contact outside the box. There is no conspiracy but Breeze's war on consistant refereeing continues

T

Hmmm, does anyone know the stats from the 8 games that Breeze has reffed for Syd??

Andy

Horza said:
Andy said:
Lloydo said:
Get over it.
It was a yellow, and I say that as a Sydney troll. There is no conspiracy but Breeze's war on consistent refereeing continues.

It was a yellow, an obvious opportunity wasn't denied, Brosque made a meal out of minimal contact outside the box. There is no conspiracy but Breeze's war on consistant refereeing continues

Brosque was 1 on 1. If Breeze deems it worthy of a foul then he has to go.

Horza

Andy said:
Horza said:
Andy said:
Lloydo said:
Get over it.

Brosque was 1 on 1. If Breeze deems it worthy of a foul then he has to go.
Only in the event of an obvious goalscoring opportunity being denied - in this case Brosque was running on a 45 degree angle away from the goal, still had a lot more to do, while last week he was staring at an open net. I can see why Breeze made the call, but I don't think it was the right one

marinersman

[
Only in the event of an obvious goalscoring opportunity being denied - in this case Brosque was running on a 45 degree angle away from the goal, still had a lot more to do, while last week he was staring at an open net. I can see why Breeze made the call, but I don't think it was the right one

[/quote]

That's a good, sensible post Horza.

The problem Brosque has he falls over so damn easily. He's a fantastic player and very important to Sydney, but he does dive far too often. He needs to cut this out of his game.

Also, he gets up the ref a lot when he is not given a foul when no infringement has occured. He's a far better player than to carry on with this crap.

Rubbernose

Sydney have certainly been rather fortunate over the last 2 weeks. Some questionable calls and perhaps debatable reds have given them 6 points they probably shouldn't have otherwise got, especially when you consider how outplayed they have been for the last 2 games before they suddently found themselves up against 10 men for extended periods. But meh, shit happens, and it's happened to every club at one time or another.

Breeze is a shit ref and always has been, imho. He's an inconsistant trigger happy numpty -  except if you flick one of his linesmen in the cads, that's ok.

Come to think of it, all the refs in this league are generally aweful, most of the time.

FFC Mariner

Rather fortunate???

They dont need to bribe the f**ker and yes, there is no conspiracy. He is just a piss poor excuse for a ref.

When Slater correctly criticises you, you really are hopeless.

Luck (??) evens out over a season so that horrible excuse for a football club must have some absolute shockers coming. Heres hoping

~Floss~

Horza said:
There is no conspiracy but Breeze's war on consistant refereeing continues

That's pretty much "it" in a nutshell IMO.

I'd rather not continue along these lines now that last round is history, but it is good to hear that some other supporters and especially members of the media can get caught up in the emotion as well. On the radio you could hear the boos and chants of "cheat", and the commentators were not afraid of admitting that they disagreed with some of his decisions

serious14

Oops - didn't see this thread before I started the Breeze one elsewhere.

Eh, he deserves his own temple of hatred.  He truly is bad.  Like, Plan 9 from Outer Space bad.  So bad you can't help but watch the hideous trainwreck unfold, but you reserve the right to be angry at it, y'know??

LOL at Robbie Slater criticising anything to do with Sydney.  A vain (but failed) attempt to regain something resembling neutral credibility.  Not gonna happen gingerman......

Sean

Greenpoleffc said:
Rather fortunate???

They dont need to bribe the f**ker and yes, there is no conspiracy. He is just a piss poor excuse for a ref.

When Slater correctly criticises you, you really are hopeless.

Luck (??) evens out over a season so that horrible excuse for a football club must have some absolute shockers coming. Heres hoping

yeah i was going to say when you have Slater saying that he has made a few errors, somethings going wrong.

the commentators were saying that their box was getting hit by beer cans?!

kevrenor

Lol, you may enjoy this report by a reds fan. He gave Breeze 3 points for best player (for Sydney):

http://spirit.webcity.com.au/AFN/2007-2008/R18/R18-AUvsSF.htm

We have Shield this Monday. May not get better.

Horza

These last two games have been a pleasant surprise, as no one was expecting anything from Breeze but crazy game-f**king decisions. I don't think there's any Karmic balance, we've just been lucky with him twice now. Normal service will resume shortly.

Hagar the Horrible

Sydney with Matthew Breeze this season:
4 wins, 2 draws, 2 losses

Interestingly, 3 of the wins have been on the road and both losses were at the SFS.

C

curious

Posted on: Today at 04:03:17 AMPosted by: serious14 

Oops - didn't see this thread before I started the Breeze one elsewhere.

Eh, he deserves his own temple of hatred.  He truly is bad.  Like, Plan 9 from Outer Space bad.  So bad you can't help but watch the hideous trainwreck unfold, but you reserve the right to be angry at it, y'know??

LOL at Robbie Slater criticising anything to do with Sydney.  A vain (but failed) attempt to regain something resembling neutral credibility.  Not gonna happen gingerman......
Fixed.
It cannot be anything other than failed.
vain = futility, ineffectualness,  unsuccessful, useless.

Horza

valentius borealis said:
Sydney with Matthew Breeze this season:
4 wins, 2 draws, 2 losses

Interestingly, 3 of the wins have been on the road and both losses were at the SFS.

[tard] Yes, part of Frank Lowy's evil plot to lower home ground attendences across the league to distract everyone from his other evil plans! [/tard]

mariners4ever

hahaha this article on foxsports is so funny that it is a MUST READ:

http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,8659,22985448-23215,00.html

the first few paragraphs are MUST READ

~Floss~

mariners4ever said:
hahaha this article on foxsports is so funny that it is a MUST READ:

http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,8659,22985448-23215,00.html

the first few paragraphs are MUST READ

Hmmm, "likely to come under scrutiny".... I heard LM was also pretty frustrated after the Syd match, but if that's true I applaud his talent for keeping his on air post-match comments diplomatic as always.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred