• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Hal rnd 11

BAD BULLZ

:piralaugh: :piralaugh: :piralaugh: :piralaugh: :piralaugh: :piralaugh: :piralaugh: :piralaugh:

Lol at scum wish perth finished off the job but still halfway thru the season and scum are =last and 9points from the top

much tighter this season then last we were 9 points clear of 2nd by bout rnd 3-4 a scum spoon would be almost as good as another CCM plate

is there footage of gve's post match i can smell an outburst and a fine :pirashoot:

clarence

Greenpoleffc said:
North dropped his shoulder = penalty
Oh, I wasn't saying it wasn't a penalty. But it did look like Trinidad put North into that situation, and once North fell for the shouldering, took a tumble to show the ref he had been impeded. A better defender might have either stayed on the ground and tackled Trinidad with the ball or turned away from the shoulder challenge up high perhaps?

Sym

ok not being racist here, but they said a case of mistaken identity between dadi and coyne, how do you get them two mixed up..

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

GVE's temper tantrum was an absolute disgrace - he's GOTTA cop something for that.

Haha, I was getting quite nervous for that penalty retake....I completely expected it to be saved.

Greenpole - was Dadi the one that came in with the studs up or was he the player that was collected?

MattSimon

Dadi was collected from behind by Coyne. A yellow card for the tackle on Dadi at worst, but they're on the same team. Couldn't see it being a red, it was a tangle of players, Song was collected from the side, and Coyne won the ball.

BAD BULLZ

Capn Gus Bloodbeard said:
GVE's temper tantrum was an absolute disgrace - he's GOTTA cop something for that.

Haha, I was getting quite nervous for that penalty retake....I completely expected it to be saved.

Greenpole - was Dadi the one that came in with the studs up or was he the player that was collected?

You expected north to make a save  :piralaugh:pfft not performing like he did tonight i was more concerned that dadi would rattle the woodwork.

clarence

Sym said:
ok not being racist here, but they said a case of mistaken identity between dadi and coyne, how do you get them two mixed up..
Ref was looking into the shadows over the ground from the stands, from the sunny side of the pitch. I doubt he had a clear view of the incident and may have relied upon an assistant's report to identify player. Dadi seemed more hurt by the tackle by Coyne than Song!

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

Considering the studs were raised, it may have looked liked the raised studs came through Song's calf.  Dying to see the replay :p

BAD BULLZ said:

You expected north to make a save  :piralaugh:pfft not performing like he did tonight i was more concerned that dadi would rattle the woodwork.

Lol, touche

Blackadder

Found a new respect for Breeze for that last minute penalty against the bogans (It was clearly there but props to Breeze for giving it) :piralaugh:

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

I give props to him for enforcing one of the widely ignored laws - penalty kick encroachment ;-)
(I'm actually a little curious as to whether people think 'yeah, that call was fair enough' or if it's just one of those calls that makes you guys hate Breeze even more :p)

FFC Mariner

Agree with the respect for that decision. He will be granted a quick death come the glorious day, not the slow torture that was planned

LOL

Fair enough on the encroachment -

BAD BULLZ

I give props to him for enforcing one of the widely ignored laws - penalty kick encroachment ;-)
(I'm actually a little curious as to whether people think 'yeah, that call was fair enough' or if it's just one of those calls that makes you guys hate Breeze even more :p)

It makes me like breeze more cause it was against scum..... :pirashoot:
But tbh honest i thought it was a fair call some may have let it go others would've done the same imo if the penalty would've only extended a teams lead at that time of a game the ref might have let it go but a cruicial moment and i think he had to give it.
ie if score was say 2-1 to perth and that happened it would only change the score not the result so the ref might have let it slide.

dru

Greenpoleffc said:
Song did his usual little girl squeal and went down clutching his shin. Thing is, replays clearly showed that he wasnt even tackled. The only contact was the 2 Perth players.

Quite frankly if Breeze cant tell the difference between Dadi's leg and Songs, his problems are bigger than we first thought.

In a just world, you would think the MRP would do Song for his blatant cheating - but they wont.

In a moment of utter madness I watched the world game this afternoon on which they had Shield on. Now between the abuse I was shouting at the tv they talked about the MRP and it comes down to the terms of reference for this year which does not include simulation. So no they won't sight it.

Also it was pointed out that as simulation is only a yellow card offence all they could retrospectively award is a yellow card, so would take getting 5 yellows to be out for a week. not much of a disincentive really.

T

He also said that NONE of the ARs saw the hand ball in the GF!!!

clarence

dru said:
In a moment of utter madness I watched the world game this afternoon on which they had Shield on. Now between the abuse I was shouting at the tv...

That made me lol when I read that, thanx!

dru said:
Also it was pointed out that as simulation is only a yellow card offence all they could retrospectively award is a yellow card, so would take getting 5 yellows to be out for a week. not much of a disincentive really.
As the season goes on and the players rack up yellows, they wouldn't like to have to tell the coach they've just copped a week suspension due to another yellow from a retro yellow for simulation.
I'd imagine the MRP would have a backlog of footage to review if they started dishing out retro yellows for simulation.

dru

T said:

That was part of what set off the tirade of abuse in my house

clarence said:
dru said:
In a moment of utter madness I watched the world game this afternoon on which they had Shield on. Now between the abuse I was shouting at the tv...

That made me lol when I read that, thanx!

No worries.

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

Well, they're only going to cite players for red card offences.  Simulation is only a yellow card offence.

In order to address simulation via video review, they'd need to change their regulations - and I'm not even sure if FIFA would allow it.  IMO, you'd need a hefty fine to accompany any post-match yellow card (if that's even possible) - that's the only way you'd do something about simulation.  It's just too hard for the referee to pick up (and at least our referees ARE willing to caution, unlike what we saw in the last world cup).

One proposal from the referee's technical manager is to get the media on board in a 'name and shame' campaign for cheaters.

T said:

I'm certain one AR did - but it was the far AR.  Shield then checked with the near AR, who didn't see it.

I can only imagine that the far AR wasn't 100% certain and communicated that to Shield - that would be the only justification for not giving it (100% certain trumps the other guy who didn't see it - but if there's doubt fromt he guy who did see it, then that isn't enough to award a penalty).

Would've liked to have seen his video actually.  SBS might put it online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred