• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Hal rnd 11

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

Here's the clip of the penalty
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WMCDdVCT-Lk

It's around the 3min20 mark.  Trinidad flicks the ball up and starts to run through.  After he flicks it up, North takes a few steps to move himself into the path, stands there, then drops the shoulder and steps to the side as Trinidad tries to move past.

Basically, Trinidad picked his line first, then North ran and stood in his way - in situations like this the ref needs to decide who has the 'right' to that blade of grass.  If North was standing there (and didn't drop the shoulder into him) before Trinidad had played the ball and made his run, the North would've had a right to stand there.  However, you can't watch where a player's going to run, then deliberately move into  his way.  It'd be a different matter if Trinidad had the ball at his feet - at least then North may have arguably been playing at the ball. 

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

The other highlights are on the fox sports website.
The red cards are about halfway in.  As for Perth's, I can only assume that he thought that player clipped Song with his studs on the way through.
Newcastle's red, I would've been happy with a yellow - perhaps the other red just moments before influenced his decision, that he didn't want to seem unfair or inconsistent?

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

Yeah - although that shouldn't affect the referee's decision
But then again, neither should that other RC :p

Who knows, we're only hypothesising as to what went through Breeze's head - really, the tackle was borderline red at best.  It's a very dangerous tackle, quite capable of causing a broken shin or ankle, or ligament damage to the knee or ankle.  It's completely unnecessary to go in like that - if you jump at a player, feet first, then you should expect to walk - particularly if you make contact (even though it wasn't his feet that collected him).

FFC Mariner

A ref once told me that "leaving the ground" in the tackle was the big no no.

As he said at the time "you're lucky you missed him" and I only got a yellow lol

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

Yeah, that's a pretty normal thing for a ref to say - I've said the same thing myself.  There's just too much uncontrolled inertia when you leave the ground.

Though you can still be sent off even if you completely miss the player....

Gav...

Van Egmond has been citied for bringing the game into disrepute, has until 12th to respond to the FFA's letter.

Coyne has been let off all charges after his red card incident and can play in the next game.

http://au.fourfourtwo.com/news/88693,van-egmond-cited-by-ffa.aspx

FFC Mariner

Nah nah nah
Heyyyyyyy
Goodbye

Rusta and wheelhouse was just handbags really.

So if Coyne played the ball, how did Song end up writhing in agony clutching his ankle? Short answer? He is a cheat. Surely can be charged with the same offence as GVE?

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

If you look at the clip, Coyne came through on Song's left - then Song was on the ground holding his right ankle.

Unfortunately, because simulation is clearly covered within the LOTG, I doubt it could constitute 'bringing the game into disrepute'.

Wheelhouse's tackle was bizarre....He ran over, came nowhere near the ball and basically elbowed the guy in the face then rugby tackled him, but it really only smacked of being clumsy..

What we need is somebody in power with the balls to make it something we can address post-match. 

BAD BULLZ

Capn Gus Bloodbeard said:
BAD BULLZ said:
Imo cause we all know it matters :p
theres only 3 choices for action when some one goes down
If someone goes down having a winge its either a dive or a hack fkn make the call
the only exception is when the attacker slips if theres not much in it and he's not whinging its a slip.
to me its simple if someones whinging and u dont think its a freekick then its a DIVE :yellowcard: ::)

Am i the only one who think it should be more simple

Lol, apparently so :p

Have you forgotten that it's quite possible to get knocked off balance or tripped over as the result of a fair challenge/ collision?

Yeah if u get knocked over fairly then get the f**k back up on ya feet and go get ya ball back if ya bitch about it and the ref doesnt think it was dirty then your probably trying to milk it .yeah there will be some mistakes by the refs but itll come down 2 opinion its not like the calls will get any worse or inconsistent and i think players will think twice before bitching and might try stay on there feet more.
As for the injury thing thats harder as no matter how soft a tackle looks something could have gone wrong i mean some of the more serious injurys i've seen in sports happen when theres not even contact  just a freak slip.

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

BAD BULLZ said:
BAD BULLZ said:
Imo cause we all know it matters :p
theres only 3 choices for action when some one goes down
If someone goes down having a winge its either a dive or a hack fkn make the call
the only exception is when the attacker slips if theres not much in it and he's not whinging its a slip.
to me its simple if someones whinging and u dont think its a freekick then its a DIVE :yellowcard: ::)

Am i the only one who think it should be more simple

Lol, apparently so :p

Have you forgotten that it's quite possible to get knocked off balance or tripped over as the result of a fair challenge/ collision?

Yeah if u get knocked over fairly then get the f**k back up on ya feet and go get ya ball back if ya bitch about it and the ref doesnt think it was dirty then your probably trying to milk it .yeah there will be some mistakes by the refs but itll come down 2 opinion its not like the calls will get any worse or inconsistent and i think players will think twice before bitching and might try stay on there feet more.
As for the injury thing thats harder as no matter how soft a tackle looks something could have gone wrong i mean some of the more serious injurys i've seen in sports happen when theres not even contact  just a freak slip.

If a player gets knocked over he may legitimately think it was a foul - tackles always look a lot different to the person in the middle of it.
Still, the bitching and whining can already be dealt with by dissent, it's just that referees the world over generally choose not to :)

BAD BULLZ

personally i'd rather see them call someone a diving cat when there not rather then let the real dirty cats make the game look soft and dodgy by getting away 80% of the time with diving. if after review it shows the ref was wrong they could name and "UNshame" the player.

p.s sorry bout the dodgy word i just made up. :p

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

:fireup: :fireup: :fireup: :fireup: :fireup: :fireup: :fireup: :fireup: :fireup: :fireup: :fireup: :fireup: :fireup: :fireup: :fireup: :fireup: :fireup: :fireup: :fireup: :fireup: :fireup: :fireup: :fireup: :fireup: :fireup: :fireup: :fireup: :fireup: :fireup: :fireup:
You know what really annoys me about Coyne getting off?
The FFA isn't allowed to let players off the hook like that, according to FIFA rules.

Now, wasn't this the same body that was all too happy to abide by FIFA rules on not overruling referees when Griffiths punched the AR?

Am I the only person who has a MAJOR problem with this??? :fireup: :fireup: :fireup: :fireup: :fireup: :fireup: :fireup: :fireup: :fireup: :fireup: :fireup: :fireup: :fireup: :fireup: :fireup: :fireup: :fireup: :fireup: :fireup: :redcard: :redcard: :redcard: :redcard: :redcard: :redcard: :redcard: :redcard: :redcard: :redcard: :redcard: :redcard: :redcard: :redcard: :redcard: :redcard:

Gav...

The FFFA changed those rules and only came it place this year, so now the Independent Panel can do things like that

dru

After 3 and a half seasons we have all kinda gotten used to all the contradictions that come up.

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

Am I the only one that sees the sheer pointlessness in waiting to implement a rule to say you can break the rules?

They're obviously doing what they want and to hell with FIFA - so I don't see why they couldn't do that last year.  just because it's now a FFA rule it doesn't mean they're allowed to do it.

Sacko

Yeah, that's a pretty normal thing for a ref to say - I've said the same thing myself.  There's just too much uncontrolled inertia when you leave the ground.

Though you can still be sent off even if you completely miss the player....

I've been booked for being so late in a tackle that I missed the ball, him and dinner that night! [OK the last one was pushing it too far :piralaugh:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred