• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Hal rnd 11

Ted

As much as i wanted Perth to take the win, I think the draw was a good enough result. GVE's display after the match was childish and not a good look for a coach of his professional calibre. He should think bac kto theGF last year and how 'lucky' his team was then. The match was a topsy turvy affair with the team that happened to dominate the midfield at the time playing better football.

BAD BULLZ

Imo cause we all know it matters :p
theres only 3 choices for action when some one goes down
If someone goes down having a winge its either a dive or a hack fkn make the call
the only exception is when the attacker slips if theres not much in it and he's not whinging its a slip.
to me its simple if someones whinging and u dont think its a freekick then its a DIVE :yellowcard: ::)

Am i the only one who think it should be more simple

FFC Mariner

Personally, I think the FFA need to really get serious about cheating.

Not just penalties but over reacting. I can understand a ref not penalising a player for going down like he has been shot and then being fine immediately after, he isnt a doctor and cant tell for sure.

However, a post match "name and shame" campaign with retrospective cards (at least) would help focus attention.

I would also be fair and say they Hutcho leaves a lot to be disired in the diving stakes TBH

~Floss~

Surely if simulation affects the result (eg. dive to win a penalty that changes a draw to a win), then a retrospective red should be awarded.

If an incident is missed by a ref during a game, it can be retrospectively sighted.
IMO if someone deliberately and successfully deceives a ref, that is worse than an accidental offence that the ref simply didn't see.

dru

Greenpoleffc said:

Not just penalties but over reacting. I can understand a ref not penalising a player for going down like he has been shot and then being fine immediately after, he isnt a doctor and cant tell for sure.

However, a post match "name and shame" campaign with retrospective cards (at least) would help focus attention.

I would also be fair and say they Hutcho leaves a lot to be disired in the diving stakes TBH

As does Sasho at times. although he tends to get carded for it

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

BAD BULLZ said:
Imo cause we all know it matters :p
theres only 3 choices for action when some one goes down
If someone goes down having a winge its either a dive or a hack fkn make the call
the only exception is when the attacker slips if theres not much in it and he's not whinging its a slip.
to me its simple if someones whinging and u dont think its a freekick then its a DIVE :yellowcard: ::)

Am i the only one who think it should be more simple

Lol, apparently so :p

Have you forgotten that it's quite possible to get knocked off balance or tripped over as the result of a fair challenge/ collision?

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

~Floss~ said:
Surely if simulation affects the result (eg. dive to win a penalty that changes a draw to a win), then a retrospective red should be awarded.

I have no doubt that simulation deserves a red card.

The reason that denying an obvious goalscoring opportunity is a red card is because it's considered to be one of the most unsporting acts in the game, perhaps even cheating - foulling somebody when you know they're probably about to score, it's pretty low. 

Surely simulation - cheating to get a penalty kick to score a goal - is on the same level?

Pity that there's no provision in the laws of the game or FIFA regulations to suspend a player for simulation though. 

marinermick

dru said:
Greenpoleffc said:

As does Sasho at times. although he tends to get carded for it

as has matty simon a few times

Bex

Yes it was in reference to your post. Matty would have to be one of the most upstanding attacking players in the A-League regards diving. He has battled through hacking defense many times this season and last season. Many times you could have guaranteed any other attacking player would have fallen over. The yellow card was an abomination and was a clear exception to his normal mindset.

marinermick

Bex said:
Yes it was in reference to your post. Matty would have to be one of the most upstanding attacking players in the A-League regards diving. He has battled through hacking defense many times this season and last season. Many times you could have guaranteed any other attacking player would have fallen over. The yellow card was an abomination and was a clear exception to his normal mindset.

But it still happened and should have happened on one other occasion as well.

Fact is we are not the most upstanding team with Matty. Sasho and Hutch all been pinged for simulation.

Jerem

refocus now. . .
We've pretty much had the best results we could hope for!!!
specially i reckon the nix beating fc, so now all we need is a cleansheet victory for
the yellows and were second on goal difference, just have to watch that diving import
the reds have!! hopefull gets a red himself diving against Gamba.

Bex

marinermick said:
Bex said:

But it still happened and should have happened on one other occasion as well.

Fact is we are not the most upstanding team with Matty. Sasho and Hutch all been pinged for simulation.

Yeh, but thats more because we're so bad at getting away with simulation rather than how often we do it. The Mariners don't need to make a big issue of the simulation problem. Hutch draws the foul a lot but in a supposedly legal way most of the time (and personally I don't like it but thats another subject). Other than that, we don't have such an issue and the few times our players have tried on the blatant dive they've mostly been caught.

The way Dru, Greenpole and yourself are talking its starting to make us sound like a team full of divers and thats definitely not the case IMO.

Sean

So are we all calling the penalty a dive?

I thought it was legit. North dropped the shoulder, blocked his path and Trinidad hit him pretty hard as he had eyes on the ball in the air. Not much North could do but (A bit like the Neil WC penalty)

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

T said:
Any idea who the ref may be for Sat's match???
Not yet, I'll keep an eye out

Perm said:

I thought it was legit. North dropped the shoulder, blocked his path and Trinidad hit him pretty hard as he had eyes on the ball in the air. Not much North could do but (A bit like the Neil WC penalty)

Thought the penalty or the tackle was legit?

Deej

Perm said:

I thought it was a harsh penalty but could understand why it was given, some ref's would have given it some wouldn't..........that's football, coaches have to deal with the good decisions and the bad!  Lawrie has had to cope with many bad decisions, you've never seen him acting like Kossie or GVE!  When he's not in front of the cameras is a different story though!

Sean

Capn Gus, I thought the penalty call was legit.

Deej, Some Refs wouldnt have given it, but we're talking about Breeze here :D

The guy is a good ref and technically is on the ball with most decisions but he always feels a need to make sure he is involved and has influenced the game somehow, and last night was a display of true Breeze-isms where he is balancing the game with Reds for both sides and harsh penalty calls.
It was the same problem with Shields too.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred