• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

HAL referees - inept or something else ?

HAL Refs are

• Inept

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • FFA Stooges

Votes: 4 40.0%
  • Stuck between a rock and a hard place

Votes: 4 40.0%

• Total voters

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
This will probably be a one sided thread ...BUT ...HAL referees from day one inept, stooges or something else ? ...sure in the heat of battle at CCM games we’ve all screamed torrents at the official in charge...but to be fair , this lot are so far from consistent it’s just ridiculous ....by all means post some glaring f**k ups by the man in the middle

AuzDutchy

Cant remember the game, but i remember seeing HAL Refs call an offside from a throw in, and once an offside for a player that started in their own half

turbo

I just want to see more consistency. Figure out the standard all the officials want to target and sort it out as a league not having a situation where one week Silvera is hacked off the park and the next week we get a yellow for hardly anything. Same for handball, stance on diving/falling easily and everything else.

Give everyone a level they can play to and stick with it.

true believer

I just want to see more consistency. Figure out the standard all the officials want to target and sort it out as a league not having a situation where one week Silvera is hacked off the park and the next week we get a yellow for hardly anything. Same for handball, stance on diving/falling easily and everything else.

Give everyone a level they can play to and stick with it.
Exhibit one . Stooge calls on all
I believe the club needs to take a fine to give the ffa a quality spray .

Maybe even a yellow card and var watch

turbo

There’s one other pet hate I have and that’s the idea that so many refs have of giving warnings rather than cards early. Watching the FFA cup tonight there were a few yellow worthy tackles and holding/professional fouls early and nothing. Do it in the second half and you’re in the book. As far as I’m aware goals are worth the same all game yet fouls aren’t treated the same.

Forum Phoenix

There’s one other pet hate I have and that’s the idea that so many refs have of giving warnings rather than cards early. Watching the FFA cup tonight there were a few yellow worthy tackles and holding/professional fouls early and nothing. Do it in the second half and you’re in the book. As far as I’m aware goals are worth the same all game yet fouls aren’t treated the same.

Yep. Learn to let the 50/50’s and soft ones go to let the game flow and not be conned by theatrics. And on hard and dangerous stuff, set the tone early and give a yellow.

They literally get this backwards most of the time.

Last edited:

Wombat

The reffing in the HAL is atrocious.

Is the FFA corrupt?

Is there a clear correlation?

The answer is YES to both questions.

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
I do remember one atrocious pile of shite ...it was a GF in Melbourne , run by that f**ktard Breeze and it was a card a thon ...but then they rescinded 99% after the fact ....that told me then not to trust our match officials

Blackadder

Inept at best, strange how the teams that aren't high profile get and towards the bottom of the ladder get screwed over in comparison to those more high profile.

turbo

They let Victory off a late handball and screwed Brisbane in the process. The harsh handball rule consistency is already broken.

MagpieMariner

They let Victory off a late handball and screwed Brisbane in the process. The harsh handball rule consistency is already broken.
I couldn't see the difference between that one tonight and ours against WSW. Oh, well, of course, the big difference was this time it's Victory.

turbo

Or the one against Adelaide or WSW in Rd 1 and 2 respectively. The only way a really strict rule can be ok is if it’s upheld consistently.

true believer

I couldn't see the difference between that one tonight and ours against WSW. Oh, well, of course, the big difference was this time it's Victory.
this is the thing . some dude or dudette needs to throw a youtube piece together and post it on every a-league site .

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

88th minute....yep. I'd argue that was even more of a foul than ours was - my argument against ours being a foul is that I don't think the law intended for unpredictable deflections off teammates.
It's amazing how VAR always suffers from 'big club bias' in Australia. I have other thoughts on the problems with refereeing here, but no time at the moment.

Last edited:

true believer

gee the drive by bling game is an absolute howler for the var
the ball clearly cross the line and there is a clear hand ball from bachuss
the ffa must have made a call for the drive by's to win at cumberland oval .
the var can't have any credibility in any australian club

Tevor

gee the drive by bling game is an absolute howler for the var
the ball clearly cross the line and there is a clear hand ball from bachuss
the ffa must have made a call for the drive by's to win at cumberland oval .
the var can't have any credibility in any australian club
Totally agree, clearly the FFA want WSW to be good this year as they bring big crowds. VAR last night was the worst i’ve seen it. Only 11 teams to help the Drive Byes now the VAR is also on their side, I hope they get the average crowd numbers up.

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

the ball clearly cross the line
No it doesn't. You can have grass between the line and the ball and the ball still be in - and the AR was also right in line. I doubt it crossed the line, but you certainly couldn't prove it either way with VAR.
I haven't seen the handball, but at the goal-line incident, Georgievski flattened Grant from behind for what should have been a clearcut penalty.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooChami