HAL referees - inept or something else ?

Discussion in 'Australian Football' started by RECKY, Oct 23, 2019.

?

HAL Refs are

1. Inept

2 vote(s)
    22.2%
  2. FFA Stooges

3 vote(s)
    33.3%
  3. Stuck between a rock and a hard place

4 vote(s)
    44.4%
  1. true believer

true believer Well-Known Member

you must have seen a different clip to me .maybe bachuss mum was doing the var

2. Capn Gus Bloodbeard

Capn Gus Bloodbeard Well-Known Member

As I said, grass between ball and line doesn't mean it's out.
    to demonstrate.
    Given the diameter of a soccer ball, you need the base of the ball to be more than 11cm past the line to be out.
    [​IMG] - can you say with absolute, 100% certainty, that the ball is more than half its own width past the edge of the goal line?
    Especially given the AR was right in line?

3. true believer

your top picture has a bent line ,which runs with the ffa's var policy

as for the bottom , the only people that don't believe it's not in are you and the var committee
    var is shopped as the guide on howlers . it's been shown up as a tool for rigging outcomes to suit the ffa
    certainly twice in that game

4. Tevor

Tevor Well-Known Member

The ball over the line was so difficult to judge i’m ok with the result. The two clear cut penalties waved away are more disgusting as they were both absolute. Fox stooges lived up to their side as well by not really showing them or discussing in any detail. Grant tackled to the ground and Baccus moved his shoulder towards the ball. Both clear Pens. Keep to the script everyone.

5. turbo

turbo Well-Known Member

Did you see slater go down there post game to try to prove it was a goal? They definitely were discussing it. I’m of the opinion it was very close and can’t argue much either way without a top down camera angle.
    Would it have gone the same way in a lower profile game though?

6. Capn Gus Bloodbeard

Yeah, seen the handball now. That's a disgraceful decision.
    But if it was Kris Griffiths-Jones in the bunker, it's no surprise. His big-team bias is blatant.
    But by not holding him to account, the FFA are complicit.

Whether the top picture has a bent line is not even relevant - you can clearly see the portion of the line next to the ball.
    Alright then, example B.

[​IMG]
    And honestly, both neutrals and WSW supporters generally accept it wasn't a goal. You're about the only one I've seen adamant that it was.
    As I said, grass between the ball and the line doesn't mean it's out. Prove me wrong.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2019
  7. Capn Gus Bloodbeard

Yeah, there's a lot of gutless refereeing. This Iranian that people rave about, he just strikes me as another gutless one. He'll warn players for blatant dives but doesn't have the balls to book them.

I remember the throw-in - though the indirect free kick for the player off injured running on a week or two ago and making a tackle was far worse; worse because the VAR should have corrected it (it was supposed to be a penalty).

8. FFC Mariner

FFC Mariner Well-Known Member

If only there was some way to put a chip in the ball that would send a signal to a wrist device on the ref
    Oh, hang on. There is but the FFA don't use it

• Informative Informative x 1
  9. true believer

look get a set square and line it up .the tennis ball is jack shit
    the answer to the question , once again. is one "are they wearing a yellow jersey" or two "bosses team "
    there is no other criteria in the ffa var manual

• Meh Meh x 1
  10. pjennings

pjennings Well-Known Member

Fox quoted $250,000 per ground to have goal line technology. Some one must be having a lend of them. Chips in the ball and 3 sensors at the back of each goal. Pretty simple.

11. Capn Gus Bloodbeard

and what are you going to do with a set square?
    And what is 'jack shit' about the tennis ball?

12. turbo

turbo Well-Known Member

Ive heard that sort of figure before and it might have even been in pounds. A quick google suggests that probably is the cost.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. true believer

you line it up with the edge of the square and where it intersects perpendicular with the ball .
    geometry 101 , which is why the ffa won't do that .

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. true believer

or just project a plane from the goal line .given the ball has a known radius . it f'n simple ,
    their lying

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. true believer

maybe this will help you gus

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  16. true believer

shit even the yanks can cope with it

[​IMG]

17. sydmariner

sydmariner Well-Known Member

lol that's not football:)

• Meh Meh x 1
  18. Capn Gus Bloodbeard

I'm starting to wonder if marinerschick has hacked your account :piralaugh::piralaugh:

19. true believer

20. true believer

really gus . whats wrong with what i've posted ? sounds like you have a problem with high school geometry