• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

HAL 4 - Round 3

FFC Mariner

Capn Gus Bloodbeard said:
http://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/a-league/index.php?pid=st&cid=131922

Djulbic spat at Peter Green and was sent off.  Facing a 6-18 month suspension.

Bloody disgusting - quite disappointing that the maximum sentence is 18 months, a lot of people would argue being spat on is worse than being punched.

Spitting is the ultimate low act. Piss him off for the year please FFA

Bex

marinersman said:
Greenpoleffc said:
goingtoadisco said:
wow, nix to go bust by the end of the season.

I actually hope they do. We dont owe NZ football anything and it frees up room for another Aussie side.

+1. Have never supported a NZ tean on our league and never will. They're only a fraction behind scum in my hate book.

Why have a NZ club when it is only preventing an Aus team promoting Autralian young and upcoming players.

For evidence see Boogs, Zullo, Cruize, Jedi, Og monster, Rukistviya (sp?), Bojic, Vargas etc etc The list goes on and on.

I can see where you're both coming from, however, if NZ don't have a team in the A-League, just how will they develop as a footballing nation? Perhaps not our problem but I guess thats the thinking on a FIFA level and its perhaps a reasonable view in a world perspective.

The other negative to add is that they take our players e.g. Kwassie

cruiser

marinersman said:
Why have a NZ club when it is only preventing an Aus team promoting Autralian young and upcoming players.
To give young Kiwi players more opportunity to develop before we pinch them for our clubs and to help develop the code in the Pacific region.

marinersman

Bex said:
marinersman said:
Greenpoleffc said:
goingtoadisco said:

I actually hope they do. We dont owe NZ football anything and it frees up room for another Aussie side.

+1. Have never supported a NZ tean on our league and never will. They're only a fraction behind scum in my hate book.

For evidence see Boogs, Zullo, Cruize, Jedi, Og monster, Rukistviya (sp?), Bojic, Vargas etc etc The list goes on and on.

I can see where you're both coming from, however, if NZ don't have a team in the A-League, just how will they develop as a footballing nation? Perhaps not our problem but I guess thats the thinking on a FIFA level and its perhaps a reasonable view in a world perspective.

The other negative to add is that they take our players e.g. Kwassie

I understand you're point of view Bex and you make good points. I don't think NZ Football development is our problem, but I think some deal might have been done with us leaving Oceania for Asia.

The first two years they were an embarassment and a disgrace to any professional league anywhere in the world. The third season they finished last again and this season although it's early days, they don't seem much better. However they will get better, but it's a bottom two finish again.

I'd rather a second Melbourne, Sydney, Wollongong, Canberra, Hobart, anywhere rather than a NZ team.

I don't see how they offer anything more that an Aus club would.

loyalist

marinersman said:
Greenpoleffc said:
goingtoadisco said:

lol at Ognenovski, Vargas and Bojic being up and coming talent.

In regards to the Djulbic thing imo he wasnt spitting at the ref though i really only glanced at it

MattSimon

Having an NZ team in the league is not us doing a favour to our poor cousins. It's not us trying to develop NZ football. It's us trying to crack a market that is arguably better than Western Sydney / the Gong etc, get NZ viewers watching and developing an interest in A-League, and thus get better sponsorship. You have to appreciate the fact it's a decent market, whether you want an NZ team or not and regardless of how successful the A-League has been in tapping it.

Bex

Yes Matty, not only did you score a beautiful goal, but you make a good point as well. The population in NZ is over the 4 million mark so, in the eyes of FIFA, its near on the equivalent of a Sydney or a Melbourne.

Its also worth noting that Wellington is actually closer to the eastern seaboard of Australia than Perth. Not that the eastern seaboard is the centre of the universe or anything, but the facts are that it is home of 5 Aussie A-League teams, with another two teams to come next year. So I guess what I'm saying there is that its no more inconvenient to include Wellington in the comp than it is to include Perth. Since NZ has twice the population of WA, it probably has a lot more to offer the A-League than a Perth team - purely based on marketing potential of course.

Gav...

well i was watching fox sports news this morning and happen to catch the a-league section and i was appaled to see that the population of 4 million in sydney was only able to pull a crowd of 11,734 to its game against the glory.

Newieutd

Greenpoleffc said:
Just got a txt from a Tard at the ground. The scum away support (bout 10) walked out en masse at 4-0 to chants of "we can see u sneaking out"

Then you tard friend is an idiot.

None of us left till a good 20mins after the final whistle.

Newieutd

northernspirit said:
what a dick
much worse than what danny did and that was so hyped up, prob cos it was the grand final granted

Didnt spit at the ref, should get no penalty. Still i think he is a loose character at best.

Deej

mariners4evachamps said:
well i was watching fox sports news this morning and happen to catch the a-league section and i was appaled to see that the population of 4 million in sydney was only able to pull a crowd of 11,734 to its game against the glory.

Sydney's crowd was woeful, no excuses! 

Sean

Newieutd said:
northernspirit said:
what a dick
much worse than what danny did and that was so hyped up, prob cos it was the grand final granted

Didnt spit at the ref, should get no penalty. Still i think he is a loose character at best.

Didnt spit at the ref?! It wasnt at the ref but it was definately a spitting gesture to the ref and his decision.

Jesus

Jesus
Bex said:
Yes Matty, not only did you score a beautiful goal, but you make a good point as well. The population in NZ is over the 4 million mark so, in the eyes of FIFA, its near on the equivalent of a Sydney or a Melbourne.

Its also worth noting that Wellington is actually closer to the eastern seaboard of Australia than Perth. Not that the eastern seaboard is the centre of the universe or anything, but the facts are that it is home of 5 Aussie A-League teams, with another two teams to come next year. So I guess what I'm saying there is that its no more inconvenient to include Wellington in the comp than it is to include Perth. Since NZ has twice the population of WA, it probably has a lot more to offer the A-League than a Perth team - purely based on marketing potential of course.
marinersman said:
Greenpoleffc said:
goingtoadisco said:

NZ players are not foreign for a-league anyway, and never will be due to the international relationship between the 2 countries. Hence any NZ players good enough to play for Nix could play for syd/m,ariners/perth etc anyway. There is no doubt of that. They would and do play for other a-league clubs anyway.

Newieutd

Perm said:
Newieutd said:
northernspirit said:
what a dick

Didnt spit at the ref?! It wasnt at the ref but it was definately a spitting gesture to the ref and his decision.

is that worth a length suspension?

clarence

Newieutd said:
Perm said:
Newieutd said:
northernspirit said:
what a dick

is that worth a length suspension?

Daily Telegraph quotes the incident as worthy of a "R3" offence and facing an 18 month ban.

Given the fantastic, in depth knowledge that the Daily Telegraph exhibits at times in our game, I wondering whether they have got their wires crossed with the NRL and the way the NRL grades charges?

Tassiemariner

Well according to the rule book it is an "R3" offence, but nobody in the media uses those terms and it should stay that way.
Sounds completely rediculous.

goingtoadisco

The guy got 5 weeks for unsporting behavior (or gesture or something) towards a match official. after watching the footage i think the FFA made the right call.

serious14

Newieutd said:
Greenpoleffc said:
Just got a txt from a Tard at the ground. The scum away support (bout 10) walked out en masse at 4-0 to chants of "we can see u sneaking out"

Then you tard friend is an idiot.

None of us left till a good 20mins after the final whistle.

Read my post on the previous page.  You guys were long gone before 'normal' Melbourne fans had even finished leaving the ground.  It was on TV, clear for all to see.  Don't waste your bandwidth denying it.

Further to that post.  There was 60 or so of us there yesterday.  Not gonna run around saying how 400 Mariners fans invaded Brisbane for the day blah blah blah....... no point y'know??

That's not to say we didn't make some decent noise and have a great night though.  ;D

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred