• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Gumps and Osman Re-sign

Bex

If you're gonna go the spirits its gotta be Woodford Reserve Kentucky Bourbon Whiskey by Labrot and Graham.

Straight no ice in winter or a small amount of ice in summer. mmmmmmmmmm smooooooooooooooooootttthhhhhhhhhhh

Link

Hey Ive worked all out this was all an ellaborate plan for gumps in infiltrate newcastle, Im sure he has all the details of the best way to bring them down!!!
Great work guys Im sure alot of planning has gone into this!! ;) :thumbup:

Deej

BiggusMickus said:
I wander how much of the re-signing of Gumps is due to the...

Lawyer representing Gumps: "Ah yes Mr Gorman, I see your point that Mr Gumprecht is grossly overpaid for the time he spends on the playing field, but you should pay closer attention to Clause 276a which clearly states...."

Lyall Gorman: "As I was just saying, myself and Mr McKinna would be delighted if Mr Gumprecht would remain with our club for another season"

More like Lawrie realising there's only a few weeks to go until the start of the season and we have no depth in midfield, especially with Kwas gone and Owens injured.  There's not a huge amount of quality available in the state league so decided to settle their differences with Gumps, they've kissed and made up and now Gumps is here for 1 more year.  If we had the opportunity to sign someone better we would have, but fact is Lawrie has always had the opinion of 'if we can't replace our current players with better players why replace the current boys?'

From what I've heard Gumps has been training his arse off in the off season, which the coaching staff are impressed at, I only hope he can product some good form off the bench!

promdi442

Deej said:
BiggusMickus said:
I wander how much of the re-signing of Gumps is due to the...

Lawyer representing Gumps: "Ah yes Mr Gorman, I see your point that Mr Gumprecht is grossly overpaid for the time he spends on the playing field, but you should pay closer attention to Clause 276a which clearly states...."

Lyall Gorman: "As I was just saying, myself and Mr McKinna would be delighted if Mr Gumprecht would remain with our club for another season"

From what I've heard Gumps has been training his arse off in the off season, which the coaching staff are impressed at, I only hope he can produce some good form off the bench!

Is he still playing for Bankstown now that he has re-signed or is he full time into CCM without the risk of getting injured at Bankstown

midfielder

Hopefully the past will remain in the past .. but I do wonder .... left off grand final team, sackeds, then courts and suing, along the way some little comments to the press by both sides, at the Scum now back. Tend to agree with lost the SU mids, Kwas's gone, need a replacement mids urgently and the season is upon us. Also do not see Grump as a full 90 min player anymore

marinerbhoy

Bex said:
If you're gonna go the spirits its gotta be Woodford Reserve Kentucky Bourbon Whiskey by Labrot and Graham.

Straight no ice in winter or a small amount of ice in summer. mmmmmmmmmm smooooooooooooooooootttthhhhhhhhhhh

Link

i have never been able to tell the difference between a fine spirit and a bad one. whereas beer on the other hand. while BT is a good beer, do not compare it to stella. it tastes even better in europe.

and greenpole i would rather carlton sold at the sfs than tooheys.

Arabmariner

marinerbhoy said:
Bex said:

Link

i have never been able to tell the difference between a fine spirit and a bad one.
You've got something wrong with your taste buds laddie! ???

T

striker #9 said:
[ Osman may not be what we want..we desperately need a right wing back.... and there might be a weakness in our back line this season?
Osman made the right wingback position his own up until he injured his knee. We was great at getting forward in support and still able to get back to defend!!

BiggusMickus

http://www.canberratimes.com.au/news/local/sport/soccer/dumped-gumps-now-back-on-course/809266.aspx

Dumped Gumps now back on course
BY PAUL NEWMAN

11/07/2008 12:00:00 AM
Mariners midfielder Andre Gumprecht said he had mixed feelings about returning to team training this week.
Gumprecht had threatened the club with legal action and was openly critical of the Mariners' decision to release him on April 30.

''This is the worst experience I have had in my football career,'' Gumprecht said in a Central Coast newspaper after he was initially dumped by the Mariners.

Mariners coach Lawrie McKinna said at the time Gumprecht was no longer required.

But with a shortage of midfielders at the club following the departure of Adam Kwasnik to Wellington Phoenix last month, the Mariners changed their mind about Gumprecht and offered him a new one-year contract on Tuesday.

Gumprecht, 33, admits the about face from the Mariners came as a surprise and came after he had spent a week training with rival Newcastle.

''I was training with the Jets to keep fit as it is close to my home on the coast. I received a call from the Mariners on Tuesday and as I have some good friends in the team and close ties to the coast, I'm happy to give it another go,'' Gumprecht said.

''I will get in and do my job and then it is up to the coach whether he wants to put me in the first XI.''

After criticising the club when he was released at the end of April Gumprecht said he was apprehensive about returning to Mariners training for the first time yesterday.

''I had mixed feelings but when I arrived I was given a warm welcome.''

McKinna said it made sense to sign Gumprecht rather than go with some unknown midfielder from overseas.

''We had told Gumps he wasn't required as we had Mile Jedinak, John Hutchinson and Adam Kwasnik in the midfield plus we were looking to free up some spots to see if we could get a player in from [sister club] Sheffield United,'' McKinna said.

''In the end that didn't eventuate and we thought 'why bring in somebody else that isn't is good as Gumps'.''

McKinna was conscious of Gumprecht's disappointment after he was let go in April.

But he doesn't expect a troubled relationship with the former German Bundesliga midfielder.

''Gumps was upset not to be offered a new contract in the first place but he's a professional and he'll just get on with the job he's here for,'' McKinna said yesterday.

''He's been playing for Blacktown in the Premier League and was training with the Jets and showed at training today he's fit and ready to go.''

Bex

Interesting article and nice to hear Gumps is feeling comfortable already.

Marinerbhoy, I guarantee you would easily tell the difference between Woodford Reserve and your typical Jim Beam white label.

dibo

good to see quotes from both in a non club or FFA source, and they don't appear to contradict one another. they'll get it together.

FFC Mariner

''In the end that didn't eventuate and we thought 'why bring in somebody else that isn't is good as Gumps'.''

More proof of sensible, mature management of the club. Well done to all concerned and a few vital goals off the bench will be v welcome.

marinerbhoy

Arabmariner said:
marinerbhoy said:
Bex said:

Link

i have never been able to tell the difference between a fine spirit and a bad one.
You've got something wrong with your taste buds laddie! ???

haha i guess so. it just something i am not going to warm up to. maybe one day

Wombat

Bearinator said:
As a person, you wont meet a nicer bloke around, but we wont win a game this year where Gumps starts and finishes the game on the park, and ill eat my shirt if we do

Crock of shit.

However, I doubt lawrie is planing to start him, rather use him around 60min mark when our midfield always seams to start to flounder.

serious14

Wombat said:
Bearinator said:
As a person, you wont meet a nicer bloke around, but we wont win a game this year where Gumps starts and finishes the game on the park, and ill eat my shirt if we do

Crock of shit.

Whey hey - dem's fightin' words dose is......

*gets comfortable for the impending throwdown*

:popcorn:

Bear

Wombat said:
Bearinator said:

Crock of shit.

LOL how did we ALL KNOW that you would come through with a comment like this

Wombat

The resigning of Gumps is a real winner for both club and player. Gumps was in the shit once Gold Coast didn't get up as that was his plan once he was on the outer.

Lawrie felt that Gumps at 33 wasn't worth another contract on the big bucks he was on so started to slide him out of the team which caused the bust up between them, as Gumpey knows that he's better than most in the squad and felt slighted.

The reality is that MAYBE due to age he doesn't warrant a start but his quality and drive will ALWAYS improve us once he comes on. Defensive middies are two a penny and anyone can pass the ball square....but not many drive forward with pace and make space and create openings like Gumpy does......now Bear mark my words.....now that he is being given respect your will see a fantastic season from the little German, so prepare to start eating cotton.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred