• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Gumps and Osman Re-sign

Alicia

T said:
Alicia said:
Did someone say Vodka?  :vhappy:

Many a time..... didn't you drink enough last weekend???

Oh right that was me, you were drinking beer  :eek:verhead:

In answer to your question, no, I didn't have enough to drink last weekend!!

I started with beer, and ended with champagne....  sadly, there was no vodka.

dibo

I have been in open and honest dialogue with Lawrie McKinna for quite some time now

we've been screaming bloody murder at each other...

Im delighted that we are both on the same page and that we have come to an agreement

but i've won the day so i'm very happy to play nice, otherwise i'll definitely never actually get to play, rather than probably never get to play...

clarence

Osman YES Gumps NO (although I also agree Gumps is a really nice guy).

Get the feeling the Mariners are scraping the bottom of the barrel in midfield with Gumps. Cover for Owens?

Osman really does deserve a better chance as he was great at fullback before his knee injury and he did pretty well in midfield wing positions in the first season.

Ursus

Bluetongue on tap at the Excellsior on the way to SFC is the best beer in the world. :thumbup:

brett

Bluetongue in a bottle: Big tick
Bluetongue on tap, particularly in the BTS: Turd juice

The last time I tried to buy Gumps a beer, he declined because he was coming back from injury. But then he bought a mini-socceroos strip off me that I won in the Kendall Bar raffle for one of his kids. Would I accept an offer like that now that I'm not so poor - nah...but the point is he's the nicest player you could meet!

I don't know whether Bear will end up eating a shirt. The chance of us winning a game with Gumps on the pitch is high...but what of the chance of him getting[/] on the pitch?

brett

mariners4ever said:
back on topic, anyone know why gumps is now number 2 and simon is now number 19. also stringers is now 13 ???

Number 2 didn't really work for Matty!

MrCelery

I read about Gumps re-signing in the Scum Herald in my fav coffeeshop (Goldberg's - Darby St) this morning. It was the last tiny line is an otherwise terribly boring piece on the Scum. Needless to say it brightened up my day immediately (after I got over the shock)!

Now I can say to my bogan friends that Gumps went up north for a look, and must have quickly realised what a crap outfit the piss-coloured tribe are.

I'm sooo pleased I get a chance to see him in the yellow again for another year. I hope he gets game time, and I get to see Bear choke on his shirt.

Amstel Premium for me. Just love the unique sound when you pop the top, and the contents are special too.

dru

Yellowbeard said:
Oh Marinators, how have we allowed a thread about 2 of our foundation players re signing to descend into an argument about beer within 2 pages :eek:verhead:

Yellowbeard did you expect any less from this fine group of supporters? ???

I would be more shocked if it didn't. :eek:verhead:

For the record and topic Really glad Ossie is back. Jury is out on Gumps time will tell.
Anyone know how many calories are in a shirt? Bear told me he was trying to watch his figure!

Aden

MarinaTed said:
I disagree with him being 'just an impact player'. The fact he was last season was probably more due to positional play than due to his onfield ability. We are a different squad this season, so who knows how players will be utilised..

i really dont see him  retaining his preferred CM spot with both hutch and jedi fit . maybe will  get a chance ahead of  Porter if one shall get injured

FFC Mariner

WTF??

Stella  >>>>>>>>>>>> BT all the time.

However, BT is infinitely better than the Carlton Utd shit served at SFS.

The only good thing about EAS is that they have the BT Lager not just draught.

As for Gumps, think someone at CCMHQ has been watching Hollowmen

BiggusMickus

I wander how much of the re-signing of Gumps is due to the...

Lawyer representing Gumps: "Ah yes Mr Gorman, I see your point that Mr Gumprecht is grossly overpaid for the time he spends on the playing field, but you should pay closer attention to Clause 276a which clearly states...."

Lyall Gorman: "As I was just saying, myself and Mr McKinna would be delighted if Mr Gumprecht would remain with our club for another season"

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred