• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Give Nik another go

FFC Mariner

Gen (MarinerMum) said:
Take your point however, we are still not wining games convincingly.  Lots of draws and we loose important games, ie Sydney game and now scummers.  I guess I am still upset about loosing to them.  I hate having to walk out of that ground when we have lost.

Well said.

Just once, I'd like a member of the squad to have to stand with us at EAs, cop the shit we do and have to walk out after we have rolled over yet again.

THEN they would know how we feel and it might fire them up for the derby like the scum

midfielder

Nik has lost the plot.... is reading the play wrong ... looks over tense ... has the touch of a bull elephant these days ... sad to think but a few years ago he was picked for the Halroos .... hurt his leg on a wild slog ... and never recovered...

I think Krusty it's the old story ... the fire in the belly has gone ... and thus another oldie .. but it's not the dog in the fight it's the fight in the dog... with the fire gone so has the fight to prove his worth ... never again unless  Marvin is ill ...even then on current form he would stand on a little kid...

Wombat

We need a NEW striker now!  When Disco is scoring hatricks or doubles each game then maybe look at him....until then prepare the release forms.

nero

Unless our strikers can start winning us games, we will never make the top 4 come finals time.

scottmac

Suspended
FFC Mariner said:
I think we just give up on 2 up front for now and look at more like:

-------------Danny-------------
Boogs----- Doig Wilko------ Heff
-------------Crowell------------
Kwas-------------------- Hutch
--------Wee Mac Travis--------
-------------Matty------------

I love this. I reckon Matty Weemac and Travis would tear up if given an extended run in this formation. Especially with Kwas and Hutch there too, all 5 are genuine goal threats and like to play with the ball at their feet. Kwas out wide is a great option for us as he is more likely to try to beat the man in front of him than any other in the squad. All of them are interchangeable too, which means the shape is easier to keep.

Short of getting another striker (read striker that can score) this is our best option IMO

Ted

Problem with Nik is he falters playing in the HAL. While he is able to 'perform' in the youth league, his impatience and selfishness with the ball added to his lack of movement off the ball leaves much to be desired IMO.

Kareem

...i dunno bout the above formation. I just cant imagine Kwassie in any 'best 11' formation...
                Vukovic
Boogs    Doig Wilko        Heff
          Pedj    Crowell
    Travis    WeeMac  Hutch
                Simon

I noted someone on the forum complained of Hutch, travis and WeeMac needing to get forward more, with 2 players in the middle (ie. pedj and crowell)- they could easily afford to.
I'd be content with Kwassie as an impact player.
Pedj is such a waste on the bench.
And to all you 4-2-3-1 haters, it doesnt have to be like Australia. It can very easily be an attacking formation!
Especially with the 3 we have...
EDIT: I am aware Kwassie had a blinder, but 1 game doesnt convince me. Kwassie seems to do this 1 or 2 times a season (not good enough).

Razorback

scottmac said:
FFC Mariner said:

I love this. I reckon Matty Weemac and Travis would tear up if given an extended run in this formation. Especially with Kwas and Hutch there too, all 5 are genuine goal threats and like to play with the ball at their feet. Kwas out wide is a great option for us as he is more likely to try to beat the man in front of him than any other in the squad. All of them are interchangeable too, which means the shape is easier to keep.

Short of getting another striker (read striker that can score) this is our best option IMO

+1

S

striker

midfielder said:
Nik has lost the plot.... is reading the play wrong ... 

I tend to agree...Nik was once my favorite player - now I don't know any more? must be time to go I think!

pjennings

Razorback said:
scottmac said:
FFC Mariner said:

+1

+2

Jimmy

The hatrick flatters Niks efforts in the game.
Two of his goals were 6 yard tap ins after the rest of the team did all the work running rings around a very sub standard Newcastle team.

tuftman

fail_thread.jpg

fruitbat

Part_Timer said:
Gen (MarinerMum) said:
We did not shop that well during the off season so what do we expect.

crowell, travis, wee mac, doig says i disagree

I am also pleased with the performance of these 4 , but I thought Gen (MM) was referring to  the attack. (We lost Petrovski and gained Kwasimodo).

Even so, I prefer a skilled, creative midfield that the 4 imports provide coupled with a mediocre attack, rather than spending heaps on marquee strikers who wouldnt be fed by a mediocre midfield. An average striker will score plenty if he is fed plenty of ball. A brilliant striker will score few if the mids cant get it to him.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred