• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

GA and the Russians

true believer

i've got my season tickets for 2012/13 .
this whole topic is drible and shiit .alot of forum people who should
know better.
f'n ordinary

localpom

Never seen the point in worrying about rumours or what is beyond our control. We are top of the league,won the NYL and are developing some fantastic young guys. Will be getting my season ticket for next year as soon as i get paid.Yes, the uncertainty is unsettling but it will sort it self out eventually.Best we can do as fans is get to the games, encourage others to get along and be positive!

Marquee

It's a good point. Arnie is always saying how he can't believe more people don't go to the games. Maybe some bumper finals crowds will convince him to stay.

marinermick

It's a good point. Arnie is always saying how he can't believe more people don't go to the games. Maybe some bumper finals crowds will convince him to stay.

Or maybe paying him the money he is owed and giving him some decent training facilities, instead of half a pitch at Tuggerah might convince him to stay

elevated position

He trains on Pluim when needed he trains at kogarah when needed as well as other fields.
Sure he trains at the COE on a half field so if he moves on the next manager will get the benefit of the noew pitch.
Also if small fields are used for pasing and moving drills how come our defenders after looking for who to pass to have to continually pass back for lack of movement from our static mids.

marinermick

Was not aware that you know what his training needs are.

Ask Arnie or the players if they are happy moving from pillar to post and do not have a solid, constant training base.

What happened to the ten million the government gave the Mariners for Tuggerah and why is there not a full field there?

Muppet

What happened to the ten million the government gave the Mariners for Tuggerah and why is there not a full field there?

THIS. I've been wondering the same. I cannot see $10 million worth of development at Tuggerah. How has this money been allocated or was it one of those pork barrelling stunts that never eventuates.

bikinigirl

. ok so it has been quite some time since i was up there ... but i was sure there was a full size pitch there before. if so, what happened to that one?

pjennings

THIS. I've been wondering the same. I cannot see $10 million worth of development at Tuggerah. How has this money been allocated or was it one of those pork barrelling stunts that never eventuates.

I believe - though amn happy to be corrected that it has been allocated. From my understanding it was to go towards parts of the development that will be community based such as the hydrotherapy pool, gym, medical centre,etc - none of which seems to be part of stage 1.

pjennings

. ok so it has been quite some time since i was up there ... but i was sure there was a full size pitch there before. if so, what happened to that one?

Try looking on this - though it is also out of date

http://www.nearmap.com/

From looking at that the field they were using has been cut and where the proposed new field will be is still being used for access for building work.

Certainly not ideal for Arnie and the team.

Nathan Byrn

I believe - though amn happy to be corrected that it has been allocated. From my understanding it was to go towards parts of the development that will be community based such as the hydrotherapy pool, gym, medical centre,etc - none of which seems to be part of stage 1.
The developments that are taking place and been completed are all Soccer 5's. The medical centre has been built at the Ourimbah Campus. The licenced club is, with all due respect to the employees, a shambles. The staff are dis-allusioned and concerned.
Soccer 5's has a liquor licence for their facilities. The COE is not the golden cash cow that everyone hopes it will be, it is the opposite actually.

Nathan Byrn

He trains on Pluim when needed he trains at kogarah when needed as well as other fields.
Sure he trains at the COE on a half field so if he moves on the next manager will get the benefit of the noew pitch.
Also if small fields are used for pasing and moving drills how come our defenders after looking for who to pass to have to continually pass back for lack of movement from our static mids.
Central Coast training venues have been.
Jubilee oval, Frank Millington Field, Mt Penang, Pluim Park, Mingara, Adelaide Street, Tuggerah, Bluetongue, Central Coast Grammar and more.
Kogarah as I understand it is not on the Coast.Why even mention that in a post it makes your argument entirely flawed.

Nathan Byrn

You would be suprised where government money is alocated to, after grants have been recieved. especially when development companies are involved.

pjennings

The developments that are taking place and been completed are all Soccer 5's. The medical centre has been built at the Ourimbah Campus. The licenced club is, with all due respect to the employees, a shambles. The staff are dis-allusioned and concerned.
Soccer 5's has a liquor licence for their facilities. The COE is not th ego;den cash cow that everyone hopes it will be, it is th eopposite actually.

I believe that was part of the sports science building - not the medical centre.

MrCelery

I'll have to take a detour on the way down the F3 for the games and have a look at the place close up. From what I can tell from NearMap, it looks to be a fantastic development. Perfectly placed from an access point of view - nearby rail, freeway access, major hub, etc.

OK. Obviously present conditions don't look perfect, but it's a building site. What f@%k do you expect? We're certainly not the only club that are wandering gypsies when it comes to training facilities. At least we're doing something about it. Fair enough though, it should not have got the stage where the premier sporting Club on the Coast has only half a pitch to train on. I don't know the politics of it, but is it the local Grounds Committee being a blocker here?

I also don't know what you expect to get for 10 million quid these days, but it looks to me that it's well on the way to being spent.

Sure some parts of the Mariners franchise are not as it should be. Match day crowds being my biggest concern. That and the lack of a rich benefactor. Although the latter can be a two-edged sword as we saw with Con Constantine at Newcastle and now Clive Palmer. But a lot of the boxes are being ticked this season as far as I can tell.

When I see what is going on elsewhere in the A-League - clubs imploding, poor season on the park, massive instability in boards/coaching/playing staff, non-existent roots in the community, paying massive over-inflated amounts for players, etc. I like what we are doing.

With all the moaning going on though, maybe we should change our name to Central Coast Emos and change the strip to black.

scoober

If this is a reason for him to leave then Sydney won't be his destination. Our half filled stadium compared to Sydney quarter filled stadium hmmmm....

I hope he gets the coin thats owed to him from Rostyn's sale.

Nathan Byrn

I believe that was part of the sports science building - not the medical centre.
What ever it is called it has been built.
http://express-advocate-gosford.whereilive.com.au/news/story/big-expansion-to-boost-ourimbah-campus/

The original plans outlined a sports science/medical facility.

pjennings

When the government gave the money the plans included

Two full size football fields and a grandstand for up to 3,000 fans;
A function, event and reception centre for club and community use;
Up to ten all-weather sports courts for Five-a-side soccer and other sports use;
A heated indoor pool and hydrotherapy centre for community use;
A gym and fitness centre for community use;
Facilities for delivering educational learning programs;
A sports medicine centre;
Amenities and car parking facilities and upgrade to the Wyong Rd roundabout; and

The fields will be used as a training facility for the Mariners, for matches of the National Youth League and also for events such as finals of local and interstate men’s and women’s tournaments.

The development will also include a community medical centre and a community dental centre.

The items in bold are where the government money was earmarked.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred