• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Formula 1

serious14

Even the slightest hint of moisture renders cobblestones insanely slippery.  Rome's are _far_ from even as well (awesome to photograph and walk on mind you, but nowhere near even).

LFCMariners

tuftman said:
LiverpoolMariners said:
I know Bruno has signed with Campos already. Would be awesome to see him at the wheel of a Lotus though, especially if JPS or Camel came back as their major sponsor  ;)

In the mean time we'll make do by getting nostalgic

NEWS_1253006194_lotus-senna.jpg

One of the greatest days in F1 history, TBH.

tuftman

Its Formula 1, they'll find a way to race on cobblestone if they need to

LiverpoolMariners said:
tuftman said:
LiverpoolMariners said:
I know Bruno has signed with Campos already. Would be awesome to see him at the wheel of a Lotus though, especially if JPS or Camel came back as their major sponsor  ;)

In the mean time we'll make do by getting nostalgic

NEWS_1253006194_lotus-senna.jpg

One of the greatest days in F1 history, TBH.

The true Regenmeister (though Schumi might have a thing or two to say about that)

tuftman

Vettel on pole, great lap... Red Bull admitted to masking their pace with fuel all weekend until now. MS 7th on his return, not bad for an old man

Bex

Webber mistake in qualifying put him in 6th.

Next challenge for all the teams is to make the tyres last as there is no refuelling this year so really heavy cars at the start. I'm not a fan of this rule. I remember Prost winning lots of grand prix due to his ability to look after the car - I prefer to watch 'em race rather than conserve.

tuftman

I seriously thought Vettel was going to win that, but yet again reliability cripples the Red Bull. Cracked exhaust, sounded very rough through the TV.

Edit - Red Bull have come out and said spark plug failure

Jimmy

Anyone else fall in love with the new pace car?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HqIeVxFOKcM

serious14

tuftman said:
aaaaaaaaand if the Red bulls don't win at Catalunya by 30 seconds tonight I'll be shocked

Cue a lack of shock.

WEEEEEEEEEBBBBBBBBBEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!  ;D

dibo

LOL at Lewser. Gives me no end of joy to see the boy wonder who has been gifted a Mercedes powered magic carpet ride to the top fall off the road. Of the wonderkids I much prefer Vettel who had to fight for his drives and got through on raw talent. He seems to have a maturity and sense of humour about copping knocks here and there while Lewser goes and sulks.

serious14

dibo said:
LOL at Lewser. Gives me no end of joy to see the boy wonder who has been gifted a Mercedes powered magic carpet ride to the top fall off the road.

Plus.  Motherfucking.  One.

Words cannot express my contempt for the pretentious twat.  Even more so when the media here gets all "waaaaahhhh, debris".  Despite his history for such things (punctures, aggressive incidents etc.), it's in no way Poor Wittle Wewis' fault that he ran his front left tyre down to nothing on a circuit proven to punish the left side of the car.

Serves him right.

P.S.  Tuftman will testify to our hatred of him after his crash at Spa last year.  High fives, cheering, and general "OHHHHH LEEEEEEWWWWIIIISSSSSS" abounded for weeks (nay, months) afterwards.  ;D

tuftman

serious14 said:
dibo said:
LOL at Lewser. Gives me no end of joy to see the boy wonder who has been gifted a Mercedes powered magic carpet ride to the top fall off the road.

Plus.  Motherfucking.  One.

Words cannot express my contempt for the pretentious twat.  Even more so when the media here gets all "waaaaahhhh, debris".  Despite his history for such things (punctures, aggressive incidents etc.), it's in no way Poor Wittle Wewis' fault that he ran his front left tyre down to nothing on a circuit proven to punish the left side of the car.

Serves him right.

P.S.  Tuftman will testify to our hatred of him after his crash at Spa last year.  High fives, cheering, and general "OHHHHH LEEEEEEWWWWIIIISSSSSS" abounded for weeks (nay, months) afterwards.   ;D

Cannot stand him at all, and frankly between him and Button McLaren have a drivers line-up I'd like to see thrown into Eyjafjallajkull asap.

Seeing Webber drive away at the front, I had the feeling he still had a bit left in the tank(so to speak).

And yes, after watching Lewis crash at Spa and Monza last year nothing makes me laugh more then watching that boy eat concrete

Lisarow Yellow (Pooley)

dibo said:
LOL at Lewser. Gives me no end of joy to see the boy wonder who has been gifted a Mercedes powered magic carpet ride to the top fall off the road. Of the wonderkids I much prefer Vettel who had to fight for his drives and got through on raw talent. He seems to have a maturity and sense of humour about copping knocks here and there while Lewser goes and sulks.

you think Lewis didnt get into F1 cause of his talent? Ron Dennis picked him as a 12 year old to develop him cause he was showing talent even at that age. Has he not delivered?

how many junior category championships did Vettel win? none. Lewis won 5. Including the GP2 at his first attempt. does that mean he isnt worthy of his drive at Mclaren?

Its no different the Jarques Villeneuve getting a ride in Williams in 1996, Michael Andretti with Mclaren in 1993, David Coulthard in Williams in 1995. sometimes teams spot talent and go with it.

but hey, Webber and Vettel fans are just Jealous Hamilton has been more successful them them, and that Hamilton is more talented. Remember, Vettel lost the championship last year. go back and look at the results, he lost it through his own mistakes.

Many times its been proven a average driver in a powerful car doesn't mean they will be successful. Talent has to get you some of the way, and Hamilton is talented.

serious14

..............no-one here is denying Hamilton's talent.  What we're arguing is his overly aggressive driving nature and the fact he's the world's biggest fucktard.

Lisarow Yellow (Pooley)

serious14 said:
..............no-one here is denying Hamilton's talent.  What we're arguing is his overly aggressive driving nature and the fact he's the world's biggest fucktard.

i Believe my friend dibo did.

tuftman said:
Did you just try and say that Hamilton is a better driver then Vettel?

Yep. would you care to rebut my statement?

tuftman

Lisarow Yellow (Pooley) said:
serious14 said:

i Believe my friend dibo did.

tuftman said:
Did you just try and say that Hamilton is a better driver then Vettel?

Yep. would you care to rebut my statement?

I'm not denying he's good, he won the 2008 WC, so he's clearly got ability.

I'll let this season unfold, its really the first time both Vettel and Hamilton have had front running cars from the start of the season(remember last years McLaren? useless POS until they introduced the B-spec) before judging it.

However I will say this, Lewis doesn't seem to have much of a brain, undeniably fast as he is, see Shanghai 2007(don't try and say "ohhh But McLaren wouldn't let him pit", because Lewis could've and should've made it clear he needed to pit instead of having the team keep him out there on the canvases. Or when he lied to the stewards after the Australian GP(there is no defence anyone could have for that). Couple that with Button outsmarting him in Australia and Shanghai 2010 already this season with clever strategy calls made on the run from the cockpit.

He can drive, thats a given, but it does seem to me that he needs to have key decisions made for him.

But comparing him to Vettel, I'll let the 2010 WDC decide that one I think

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred