• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Formula 1

Bex

I swear Mark Webber must have walked under a ladder, tripped over a black cat and broken a mirror. Fair go, he must be the unluckiest sportsman I've ever seen. Not that its unusual to see formula 1 cars break down, but Webber seems to be jumping from one unreliable car to the next with incredible consistancy. Fair enough, the Minardi was unrealiable, but its not far off being one of the most reliable he has driven. And fair enough, Jaguar was a new management team so we can't expect miracles. But to move to Williams and get the same deal from a team that has been in F1 since the late 70's. And then to Red Bull - a team with a very nice budget - where the car failed in 6 of the 17 races last year. Now, after literally doing several thousand kilometres of testing without a brake failure, a break disk explodes in the middle of qualifying. Its just crazy.

Anyway, congrats to Lewis - he drove a great race. Having said that, I can't help but think Webber would look that good in that car too.

And the Ferraris were in self destruct mode. I haven't seen Kimi look that bad for a long time; especially not in a car with plenty of pace. I'm sure he will get his act together for the next race.

northernspirit

hed be better off driving a datsun 180b, seriously though F1 is so boring - MotoGP is sooo much more exciting - well my opinion neway ;)

skilbeck

The F1 was crazy yesterday, 7 out of 22 drivers actually crossed the finish line. that says it all. dont know what was wrong with kimi, he didnt handle the new laws forbidding traction control. The crash into Coulthard was Massas fault. and IMO Webber will never be world champion and at best he can hope to be the next Giancarlo Fisichella or Jarno Trulli and get a couple of race wins. Bourdais looked to be the best rookie although I cant see his career going for long as he is already 29 and wasted his career away in champ cars. This year I predict the return of Honda to the midfield and I dont know whether BMW will crack it with a race win this year because Kubica was lightly fuelled to qualify second. congrats to lewis, nick and nico for podium finishes. and lastly its gonna be sad to wave goodbye to the australian grand prix in 2010 :(

Jimmy

northernspirit said:
hed be better off driving a datsun 180b, seriously though F1 is so boring - MotoGP is sooo much more exciting - well my opinion neway ;)

I agree, theres non stop passing.
They should go back to the glory days of F1 and take the bloody wings off, theyre going to fast for their own good now.

adz

Staff member
Coulthard said something about lack of passing before the race - when you put the fastest cars up the front followed by the slower ones, of course there won't be any passing.

Makes sense.

Atomic

Jimmydinho said:
northernspirit said:

I agree, theres non stop passing.
They should go back to the glory days of F1 and take the bloody wings off, theyre going to fast for their own good now.

Agreed. F1=Boredom. Give me MotoGP anyday. If it does have to be 4 wheels, then I think we have the best product in the world in Super Cars.

happy

Anyone watching the Formula 1 race at the Nrburgring today? With Aussie Mark Webber on pole?

midfielder

happy said:
Anyone watching the Formula 1 race at the Nrburgring today? With Aussie Mark Webber on pole?

I am cannot say I am a big fan of Formula 1 ... but will be keeping an eye for him.

dibo

happy said:

am following the F1, cricket and le tour all at once (at 11.30pm...). webber looks good to take the win at the moment, stunning (and probably a bit lucky) drive.

dibo

i've never seen an aussie win a race either - alan jones had done his run by the time i watched my first races as a kid.

dibo

super stuff! heart in the mouth for the last lap, wanted him to crawl around to just get it across the line in one piece!

what a race! for a neutral supporter it might have been a little dull, but for me that was thrilling. seeing an aussie on the podium will be crazy.

when alan jones won his first race, they didn't have the anthem available to play, so some drunk played 'happy birthday to you' on a trumpet! i don't think that will be the case here, but it's been a long time since our anthem was played.

come to think of it, advance australia fair may never before have been played - the last time an aussie won was 1981 in the US (thank you channel 10), at which point 'god save the queen' was still the national anthem.

dibo

that's pretty poor. the aussie flag's alright though!

that's a crap trophy though. don't think he's going to give a rat's arse though, he's got to be loving this.

tuftman

You guys beat me to it lol. Wonder how many people who bagged him until now are going to jump on the bandwagon.

He was in a class of 1 today, even with the drive-through which I thought was a tad harsh did he look like not winning. BRILLIANT!

Bex

Yes, congrats to Mark Webber. A well deserved and very overdue win. I've been following Mark's career since he got a maiden 3rd place at the 1995 Formula Ford festival at Brands Hatch and then a win the following year. Anyone who knows open wheelers will vouch for the fact that you've got to be very talented to win the Formula Ford festival. Then Formula 3 and later the European Formula 3000 series where he punched above his weight absolutely smashing his team mates.

Then, just when he looked like having his big break in FIA GT Sports Cars, he experienced the infamous high speed flip at Le Mans in 1999 (not once, but twice - seriously, if you haven't seen the footage you've got to check it out its absolutely mind blowing) and shortly after Mercedes Benz pulled out of the series leaving Webber without a drive. That seemed to be the start of Webber's misfortune on the track, which he finally got off his back last night! (hopefully). Although, his first race in F1 was probably one of the luckiest I've seen coming 5th at Melbourne on debut. And he did get the Benneton test drive opportunity but as they say, the harder you work, the luckier you become.

Congratulations Mark. Couldn't happen to a nicer bloke.

clarence

Roy & HG lost a large part of their routine with his win.....

BTW, he suffered a broken leg (?) and a shoulder injury before the start of this season when riding his pushbike off road, so his preparation for this season was rushed.

tuftman

clarence said:
Roy & HG lost a large part of their routine with his win.....

BTW, he suffered a broken leg (?) and a shoulder injury before the start of this season when riding his pushbike off road, so his preparation for this season was rushed.

He didn't have a preparation at all, yet he's 3rd in the championship and showing the doubters that he really is a class act

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred