• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Formula 1

Bex

Schumacher's comeback worries me. If he whips everyone's arse it will expose the lack of talent of today's drivers. If he gets whipped it will undermine the reputation of a legendary driver. If he is somewhere in-between then both of the above will apply.

Having said that, I'm looking forward to it.  :ashamed:

Bex

serious14 said:
Bernie is talking about a street circuit in Rome (in addition to Monza, not as a replacement).

No idea how that would work though - more than 95% of Rome's streets are right proper cobblestone..... surely that would murder the suspension of an F1 car??

Its Italy, they'll just concrete it.

tuftman

I don't think he'd come back without knowing he was fully capable of racing for the WDC, so methinks there might be some serious wheel-banging with Lewis and co. next year

serious14

Bex said:
serious14 said:
Bernie is talking about a street circuit in Rome (in addition to Monza, not as a replacement).

No idea how that would work though - more than 95% of Rome's streets are right proper cobblestone..... surely that would murder the suspension of an F1 car??

Hahaha, no chance - they're all heritage listed and such... bear in mind some of them have been there since the 14, 1500's.

I'd love to see the race happen, I just don't know where is practical.

happy

serious14 said:
Bex said:
serious14 said:

Hahaha, no chance - they're all heritage listed and such... bear in mind some of them have been there since the 14, 1500's.

I'd love to see the race happen, I just don't know where is practical.

maybe somewhere outside of Rome? not in the inner city itself

serious14

You'd think so, but the way Bernie was talking he wants it inside the area of the original 7 Hills.

North and/or West of the Tiber could work though.

Alicia

I love Rome (even though it didn't stop raining when I was there) ... I would not like to see it torn up

tuftman

They will race on cobblestone if need be, the suspensions are incredibly strong, the fact that it looks dramatic when they do fail just adds to the myth that they're not

serious14

tuftman said:
They will race on cobblestone if need be, the suspensions are incredibly strong, the fact that it looks dramatic when they do fail just adds to the myth that they're not

Hmmmmmm...... I dunno - the cobblestones are very uneven, plus the only "worn down" parts from every day use would not be where a racing line would be established.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see it happen (20-something F1 cars tearing past the Colosseum??  Fark yeah!!!), I just want to know where and how.  ;D

dibo

Alicia said:
I love Rome (even though it didn't stop raining when I was there) ... I would not like to see it torn up
And there will have been all these guys selling umbrellas, right?

Alicia

dibo said:
Alicia said:
And there will have been all these guys selling umbrellas, right?

Yep! There sure was.  I even bought one. From memory, it was burberry pattern  :p

serious14

They were even in Shanghai (whey hey, another Formula 1 track) - it's downright creepy how quick they act when it starts raining.

Anyone know when the calendar is confirmed??

tuftman

serious14 said:
They were even in Shanghai (whey hey, another Formula 1 track) - it's downright creepy how quick they act when it starts raining.

Anyone know when the calendar is confirmed??

The 2010 calendar??

www.formula1.com  ;)

LFCMariners

Button is only on 6 million a season? That doesn't seem like much by modern F1 standards, considering he is the reigning DWC. Nelson Piquet was on 3 million for the 1986 season with Williams!

As a side note, surely I am not the only one who was hoping that Bruno Senna might follow in his uncle's footsteps and sign with Lotus?

tuftman

LiverpoolMariners said:
Button is only on 6 million a season? That doesn't seem like much by modern F1 standards, considering he is the reigning DWC. Nelson Piquet was on 3 million for the 1986 season with Williams!

As a side note, surely I am not the only one who was hoping that Bruno Senna might follow in his uncle's footsteps and sign with Lotus?

He's already signed with one of the new teams, Campos Meta off the top of my head.

serious14 said:
Drove past the Catalunya circuit today - looks pretty impressive in person.

I wish it was a good track, I really do. But fark its boring racing

LFCMariners

I know Bruno has signed with Campos already. Would be awesome to see him at the wheel of a Lotus though, especially if JPS or Camel came back as their major sponsor  ;)

tuftman

LiverpoolMariners said:
I know Bruno has signed with Campos already. Would be awesome to see him at the wheel of a Lotus though, especially if JPS or Camel came back as their major sponsor  ;)

In the mean time we'll make do by getting nostalgic

NEWS_1253006194_lotus-senna.jpg

Lisarow Yellow (Pooley)

LiverpoolMariners said:

he was on 6 million cause when Honda pulled out and brawn came in, there needed to be cost cuts. one of the first places was driver salary.

Bex

Theres no way they would race an F1 car across cobblestones. The cars would cope with the stress, but unless the cobblestones were laid VERY evenly (and I understand cobblestones are quite slippery), it would cause far too many accidents, even on a straight.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred