• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

FIFA World Cup 2014 - Brazil

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
well...thats was a flying start by the mighty ORANJE !...here's to the KNVB goal machines...HUP HOLLAND HUP !

ROBBEN1222_zpsb9a34ce1.jpg

KNVB222_zps877fc3d0.jpg

Jaundice

Gotta say, Loving the SBS coverage. Really gone the whole hog its almost like a dedicated world cup channel. With my son and I's games cancelled ive been glued to the set all weekend.

Has been a great WC finals so far too. :overheadl:

sydmariner

Gotta say, Loving the SBS coverage. Really gone the whole hog its almost like a dedicated world cup channel. With my son and I's games cancelled ive been glued to the set all weekend.

Has been a great WC finals so far too. :overheadl:
& they finally have goal line technology too:thumbup:

Big Al

Gotta totally agree with you PJ.

Mat is an interesting one. As a goal keeper he's No. 1 job is to stop the goals however his distribution skills allow him to get away with not being the best shot stopper.

The fact the senior guys thought it important to have a word to him after the game means maybe they felt he wasn't on song as well.

His positioning for the 2nd goal seemed quite bad to me but i'm no GK expert. Even Mat would have saved it if on his line.

Mike seemed pretty ordinary for our captain & only Premier league player. He was caught on his heels on the first goal & the chilan wanted it more & reacted faster.

Bloody good effort so proud but the game was crying out for TaggArt. His speed with that space was needed.
Cahill is a legend but 1 dimensional. When Troisi came on & tried through balls Timmy looked at him & said mate I'm old & been playing all game. I only jump for headers I don't fetch balls & score with my feet.

Thought Tommy Oar was terrible as well. He is very inconsistent.

Big Al

Why don't defenders realise that Robben & Messi have no right foot. Just stand next to the left foot &watch them turn it over.

dibo

Milligan was f**ked for the second goal. Mile was tracking the ball-runner towards the CBs and Milligan should've been looking after Valdivia not coming in to double-team. When Millligan came in, he opened the square channel to Valdivia and he made a cup of tea and buttered up some scones before he shot.

Jura

Im absolutely stoked for wednesday. TBH I think that the aussies are going to give us far more resistance than spain did. I think van Gaal is going with a 4-3-3 with Lens Robin and Robben leading the attack.

What are your weakpoints and strong points as a team?

sydmariner

Im absolutely stoked for wednesday. TBH I think that the aussies are going to give us far more resistance than spain did. I think van Gaal is going with a 4-3-3 with Lens Robin and Robben leading the attack.

Our main weak point is lack of experience

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
I was jumping out of my seat at those goals so hate to know what u were doing.

That header was unbelievable from RVP.

that header was ridiculous...I almost jumped out of my seat...almost
first thing that I thought was RVP is now the Flying Dutchman..Arjen gonna have to get a new nickname

Jaundice

Mcgowan at right back makes me very nervous as I suspect he is going to get mauled and dont rate him at all. Our attack can be very one dimensional launching bombs into the box for Timmy and I believe an otherwise limited firepower. As Sydmariner said a lack of experience, especially facing/playing too this level of opposition and handling the pressure in such an occasion. We have a chance at a silly red card too I believe desperately trying to contain a rampaging dutch.

Our strengths would be we have some good pace in Leckie and Oar to get down the flanks and counter fast, a man with a magical head with perfect timing, good positioning and a never say die attitude. Perhaps even some rising stars like Davidson and Ryan may turn it on and make their moment. On Ryan im going to put my balls on the block and say in this game he is going to show the world what an excellent keeper he is :cool:

Jura

Mcgowan at right back makes me very nervous as I suspect he is going to get mauled and dont rate him at all. Our attack can be very one dimensional launching bombs into the box for Timmy and I believe an otherwise limited firepower. As Sydmariner said a lack of experience, especially facing/playing too this level of opposition and handling the pressure in such an occasion. We have a chance at a silly red card too I believe desperately trying to contain a rampaging dutch.

Our strengths would be we have some good pace in Leckie and Oar to get down the flanks and counter fast, a man with a magical head with perfect timing, good positioning and a never say die attitude. Perhaps even some rising stars like Davidson and Ryan may turn it on and make their moment. On Ryan im going to put my balls on the block and say in this game he is going to show the world what an excellent keeper he is :cool:

Thanks, this clears it up pretty much. You have me a bit worried though. Is Australia an aggresive side? Any chance of one of their backs kicking Robben out of the tournament?

dibo

Thanks, this clears it up pretty much. You have me a bit worried though. Is Australia an aggresive side? Any chance of one of their backs kicking Robben out of the tournament?
They'd need to catch him first. If they get close, he'll dive anyway. It's pretty unlikely.

I'd say we're combative more than aggressive - we'll fight hard, but won't necessarily go out to kick people.

Your bigger worry is that we might be a little more willing than expected to come at you and catch you napping in defence.

We've got nothing to lose; nobody expects us to do anything other than be thrashed, so we're free to have a big go at you.

Even going behind is no big issue, Ange Postecoglou has history of pulling results out of nowhere when his team has no right to do so.

VicMariner

Ha, ha. First thing to my mind is Nigel de Jong's karate challenge on Xabi Alonso.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred