• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

FIFA World Cup 2014 - Brazil

sydmariner

GGGGGGGGGGGGGOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!!:headbounce: Croatia has scored the 1st goal of brazil 2014 thanks to an own goal from marcello

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

Underwhelming performance by Brasil, I thought. Their shooting was appalling, not much creativity or confidence around the box either, lacking that spark. Blatant dive for the penalty, and to be honest I thought the other 2 goals should've been saved. Croatia's keeper is flat-footed.

MrCelery

Underwhelming performance by Brasil, I thought. Their shooting was appalling, not much creativity or confidence around the box either, lacking that spark. Blatant dive for the penalty, and to be honest I thought the other 2 goals should've been saved. Croatia's keeper is flat-footed.

All four goals were very soft. The Croatian keeper reminded me of Kalac - so slow to get down and across to soft shots.

1st game is always a tense one. I expect Brazil to improve as the competition progresses, but definitely not a threat to Spain and some others on this showing.

Last edited:

sydmariner

nnnnnnnnnnnnnooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::poo::poo::poo::poo::poo::poo::poo::poo::poo::poo::poo::poo: 2 goals in 2 minutes wtf imo this is gonna be worse than the 2010 game vs germany:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::poo::poo::poo::poo::poo::poo::poo::poo::poo::poo::poo::poo:

Atomic

It's funny. I went into this WC thinking that the results don't matter, it's how we play that counts. After this morning's game however, I'm feeling a little deflated because there was at least a draw on offer, and very easily we could've had three points. Having said that though, I'm stoked with the way we played, particularly the second half.

For me, Leckie was MOTM. Although his first half was a bit ordinarily, he monstered the second half. I thought Davidson at LB had a good game as well.

Now, for a massive piece of humble pie for me… I didn't think Wilko had it in him, but today he proved he belongs in the NT and can mix it with the best. Good on ya son! Very proud. Maty and Mile (or Mike as Abbott calls him) also repented their CCM roots with distinction.

Bring on the Dutch! Once again I'll be starting the game hoping we don't get flogged. Hopefully we play with as much heart as we did this morning.

Roy Law

Thought we were overawed by the occasion at the start at that cost us the game. After that poor start I thought we took the game to them and a draw at least was deserved. Timmy Cahill is a god: one goal, another remarkable header disallowed and he almost got another; fiercely up for the game. Leckie our best and I am quietly impressed by Davidson (who Holger virtually ignored), Spiranovic, Wilko and Bresc, after a slow start, all did well.
Of the Mariners: Ryan still has a long way to go as an international keeper; Jedi just kept on going, but without doubt, Alex Wilkinson, good old understated quiet but efficient Wilko, was our best. That goal line clearance!

pjennings

While I don't think Maty was outstanding I think blaming him solely for the first two goals as some on other forums are doing is beyond ludicrous. Other than the goals which I will discuss later he is the obvious keeper for Ange's style of play. All in all though the back 5 settled after the initial onslaught and grew into the game and hopefully the tournament. Hardly surprising giving their lack of time together. If the backline, indeed the whole team, had been turned over when it should have been we wouldn't be going into a world's major tournament with such an inexperienced combination.

1st goal - Franjic turned over the ball - Jedinak, our strong man, was out-muscled for the header. Spira should have either moved up or covered the post, he did neither but stepped back giving Sanchez more room and if anything blocking Ryan.

2nd goal - Franjic committed himself away from Valdivia covering the same players that Wilkinson and Spira were covering. Great strike with Ryan off his line. He didn't dive out of the way the guy chipped him. A taller keeper may have saved in the same position.

3rd goal - great strike - should have been blocked before it got anywhere near the goal. However, once again a taller keeper with a greater reach may have reached it.

Of the Mariners I though Wilko was the standout. Mile struggled a little, he is a big man and the heat and humidity probably affected him more than some and Maty in spite of the goals looked like he belonged on the big stage.

I thought Davidson was immense closely followed by Leckie especially in the second half. Timmy was actually quite quiet until the goal then got very involved probably up to about 15 minutes to go. I would have been tempted to replace him Taggart instead of Bresc with Trioisi.

sydmariner

While I don't think Maty was outstanding I think blaming him solely for the first two goals as some on other forums are doing is beyond ludicrous. Other than the goals which I will discuss later he is the obvious keeper for Ange's style of play. All in all though the back 5 settled after the initial onslaught and grew into the game and hopefully the tournament. Hardly surprising giving their lack of time together. If the backline, indeed the whole team, had been turned over when it should have been we wouldn't be going into a world's major tournament with such an inexperienced combination.

1st goal - Franjic turned over the ball - Jedinak, our strong man, was out-muscled for the header. Spira should have either moved up or covered the post, he did neither but stepped back giving Sanchez more room and if anything blocking Ryan.

2nd goal - Franjic committed himself away from Valdivia covering the same players that Wilkinson and Spira were covering. Great strike with Ryan off his line. He didn't dive out of the way the guy chipped him. A taller keeper may have saved in the same position.

3rd goal - great strike - should have been blocked before it got anywhere near the goal. However, once again a taller keeper with a greater reach may have reached it.

Of the Mariners I though Wilko was the standout. Mile struggled a little, he is a big man and the heat and humidity probably affected him more than some and Maty in spite of the goals looked like he belonged on the big stage.

I thought Davidson was immense closely followed by Leckie especially in the second half. Timmy was actually quite quiet until the goal then got very involved probably up to about 15 minutes to go. I would have been tempted to replace him Taggart instead of Bresc with Trioisi.
yes despite the fact that he's a scummer:poo: i'd have brought on taggert

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooChami