• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

FIFA 08

dantheman2259

Kareem said:
mate...if i do 10 minute matches the scoring gets ridiculous...
in a 5min match I average (when teams are fair) maybe 2-3 goals. I get as high as 6-7 goals (which is not bad in 5mins)
In my last 10 min match- I get 5-0 as mariners against Lyon (i am extremely capable of defending!!!)
I would hate to see wat would happen in 20 min match...I will give it a try on Saturday maybe...
I like playin 10-20 min match only against friends (where I do my famous Danny Vukovic runs where I dribble field and score with him :p)

NOTE: I used to have to do 10 mins atches for A-league due to being unable to convert abysmal chances with Mariners (harder to score with less talented team compared to Madrid) but can now manage it!

why would you keep playing if you are (self proclaimed) "legend", what i mean to say is dont u get bored if u continuelly rack up 5-0 against teams like lyon with ccm?? some of my mates play on amateur and brag like this then when i own them in the lounge they understand how shit they are. Are u sure its on legendary or whatever is after world class??

Jimmy

serious14 said:
Jimmydinho said:
Anyone got any idea of when the new squad list will be able to download?

It's already out for 360 - not sure if it's out for PS3 or not.  Try the "Download Squad File" option and see if you're able to download one that's dated at the end of February.

Yeah, i might have another look, I think the last time i checked it was some day in Feb that it was last updated.

I'm more legendary than Kareem. In 2 minutes halves I can win by at least 30 goals.

Pfft. In PS3 you have to play 4 min halfs min, and i score at least 100.  :p  ;D

Kareem

dantheman2259 said:
Kareem said:
in a 5min match I average (when teams are fair) maybe 2-3 goals. I get as high as 6-7 goals (which is not bad in 5mins)
In my last 10 min match- I get 5-0 as mariners against Lyon (i am extremely capable of defending!!!)
I would hate to see wat would happen in 20 min match...I will give it a try on Saturday maybe...
I like playin 10-20 min match only against friends (where I do my famous Danny Vukovic runs where I dribble field and score with him :p)

NOTE: I used to have to do 10 mins atches for A-league due to being unable to convert abysmal chances with Mariners (harder to score with less talented team compared to Madrid) but can now manage it!

why would you keep playing if you are (self proclaimed) "legend", what i mean to say is dont u get bored if u continuelly rack up 5-0 against teams like lyon with ccm?? some of my mates play on amateur and brag like this then when i own them in the lounge they understand how shit they are. Are u sure its on legendary or whatever is after world class??
I play on the highest level...
I win maybe 95% of matches with 10 mins or more
(I played two 20 min matches vs Sydney FC and won 7-1- elrich hattrick and 7-0-kwasnik hattrick)
about 40% of my matches with CCM are 0-0 in 5 min games vs better opposition
about 40% are wins
20% are losses!
I play 5 min games as it is a it of a challenge to win.score in a short period...
Also with Mariners in tournmanets vs Real Madrid, Man Utd and co...it is extremely difficlt to compete with their squad depth

In the master league/career mode with R Madrid...I try to win the treble (kind of hard)
I went thru one season scoring a goal every game (wnning every single match except one which i drew)(I am going to restart it as it is boring now)

PS. 5-0 win against Lyon is a record...just like my other two 3-0 wins against Milan...
apart from that I usually draw or win/lose 1-0 against giants!

dantheman2259

Kareem said:
dantheman2259 said:
Kareem said:

(I played two 20 min matches vs Sydney FC and won 7-1- elrich hattrick and 7-0-kwasnik hattrick)
about 40% are wins
20% are losses!
I play 5 min games as it is a it of a challenge to win.score in a short period...
Also with Mariners in tournmanets vs Real Madrid, Man Utd and co...it is extremely difficlt to compete with their squad depth

In the master league/career mode with R Madrid...I try to win the treble (kind of hard)
I went thru one season scoring a goal every game (wnning every single match except one which i drew)(I am going to restart it as it is boring now)

PS. 5-0 win against Lyon is a record...just like my other two 3-0 wins against Milan...

see thats what i mean, to boring, Yay i can win 7-0 nearly everygame. Do u have assist off? and do u play online?

serious14

Pft, I'd own you all, I play with Man U and run Cronaldo down the wings every time to cross it into Rooney.  Bam, 500-0 by halftime in a 2 minute half.

You're all shit.  :p

Bear

serious14 said:
Pft, I'd own you all, I play with Man U and run Cronaldo down the wings every time to cross it into Rooney.  Bam, 500-0 by halftime in a 2 minute half.

Except that time I beat you, what was it, about 5-1, AND i scored the own goal ;)

Jimmy

Bearinator said:
serious14 said:

Except that time I beat you, what was it, about 5-1, AND i scored the own goal ;)

SHUTDOWN!!! :D

fedelta

Maybe we should change the name of the thread to: Kareem's FIFA 08 Thread and he can report to us with his amazing scores and stats and everyone will just be mesmerised for life

dantheman2259

taylor said:
Maybe we should change the name of the thread to: Kareem's FIFA 08 Thread and he can report to us with his amazing scores and stats and everyone will just be mesmerised for life

lol well said

serious14

Bearinator said:
serious14 said:

*in Vincenzo voice*  Lishen c*nt, I know of no such f*ckin' time, I'll shtab you.

Kareem

i cant online working (which is probably a good thing- i need to concentrate on uni).
I could get my uncle to help me out with it...

sorry for posting my achievements on here if people dont like it...I thought it was appropriate to but I guess not
dantheman2259 said:
Kareem said:
dantheman2259 said:
Kareem said:

about 40% are wins
20% are losses!

see thats what i mean, to boring, Yay i can win 7-0 nearly everygame. Do u have assist off? and do u play online?
but that only happens in 20 min games (the 7-0)...just like if i played 30 min game= 10+ nil.
So hence I play 5 min games- where like I said it is a challenge.
IMO the best games are 10 mins!
The bit in bold...is because I have built a squad that is crazy good and if i start again it will be hard.
I have Real Madrid 5 years in future + young players (benzema, nasri, gago, micah richards, sergio ramos, marcelo, higuain, robinho) in their prime.

Bear

serious14 said:
Bearinator said:
serious14 said:

*in Vincenzo voice*   Lishen c*nt, I know of no such f*ckin' time, I'll shtab you.

Shut up shkimpy poof, you remember sho dont even preetend you dont c**t ;)

crooksey

FIFA 08 > Pro Evo  :thumbup:

i say he gets FIFA 08 and turns all the assisted controls off and play on highest difficulty and i rkn the bragging and self proclaimed legend status will quickly diminish...Pro Evo is nothing compared to this years FIFA...best real football simulation going around whereas i rkn Pro Evo is way too arcade based. fifa 08 has probs been the most frustrating yet enjoyable game i've owned, u really have to play smart and build up momentum to stand a chance on the high difficulties...heck even semi-pro offers a much stronger challenge then previous years

Haven't touched Fifa on my 360 for aaaaages...way too much uni/work and then any spare nights end up at some club lol...should start up again soon and dload that update and restart mariners season

ps i hate ppl who go about just building dream teams of all the best players and then brag about finding it too easy and boring...much prefer to manage a team and target realistic transfers and club decisions...but hey ppl can make up their own minds  ::)

Kareem

crooksey said:
FIFA 08 > Pro Evo  :thumbup:

i say he gets FIFA 08 and turns all the assisted controls off and play on highest difficulty and i rkn the bragging and self proclaimed legend status will quickly diminish...Pro Evo is nothing compared to this years FIFA...best real football simulation going around whereas i rkn Pro Evo is way too arcade based. fifa 08 has probs been the most frustrating yet enjoyable game i've owned, u really have to play smart and build up momentum to stand a chance on the high difficulties...heck even semi-pro offers a much stronger challenge then previous years

Haven't touched Fifa on my 360 for aaaaages...way too much uni/work and then any spare nights end up at some club lol...should start up again soon and dload that update and restart mariners season

ps i hate ppl who go about just building dream teams of all the best players and then brag about finding it too easy and boring...much prefer to manage a team and target realistic transfers and club decisions...but hey ppl can make up their own minds  ::)
wat are assisted controls?
Pro evo has a more realistic game engine...sure it sucks that it doesnt have EPL licenses nor too many leagues but for the experience it is worth it!
Only time I have considered buyin Fifa is coz of the depth of leagues...
I dont know how I would go in a season of Fifa.
But when I played my friend who plays Legendary on Fifa (is that the best?) i won at least 1/2 of matches. Before that I hadnt played Fifa 08 (and hadnt played fifa07 for months).
I got better as the night went on...
I also hate people who build dream teams (with world 11).
I havent done it for years ...(with zidane, ronaldo etc.)
My team doesnt have most of the best players in 5 years...
No Kaka, Ronaldo, Messi, Aguero, Nani, Rooney, Anderson, Pato, etc. (unrealistic transfers)
Only Benzema, Nasri, Robinho, Ramos + Richards (which compares same to Man utd + Arsenal) (some r players from smaller clubs...realistic transfers)

crooksey

Kareem said:
wat are assisted controls?
Pro evo has a more realistic game engine...sure it sucks that it doesnt have EPL licenses nor too many leagues but for the experience it is worth it!
Only time I have considered buyin Fifa is coz of the depth of leagues...

I dont know how I would go in a season of Fifa.
But when I played my friend who plays Legendary on Fifa (is that the best?) i won at least 1/2 of matches. Before that I hadnt played Fifa 08 (and hadnt played fifa07 for months).
I got better as the night went on...
I also hate people who build dream teams (with world 11).
I havent done it for years ...(with zidane, ronaldo etc.)
My team doesnt have most of the best players in 5 years...
No Kaka, Ronaldo, Messi, Aguero, Nani, Rooney, Anderson, Pato, etc. (unrealistic transfers)
Only Benzema, Nasri, Robinho, Ramos + Richards (which compares same to Man utd + Arsenal) (some r players from smaller clubs...realistic transfers)

Fifa 08 next gen (PS3/360) is much harder than current gen version (PS2) because of whole new games engine making it imo best simulation of football and a very rewarding game for patience...much like in real life and the AI is much stronger than Pro Evo

Assisted controls are availalble for shooting, passing, throughballs and can be set to asisted/semi assisted or manual and heck you put them on manual and its a whole new game that is damn hard to master

I'm a massive arsenal fan and even i'll admit we dont have 5 stars like you just listed so i dont know why you really give them a mention as they are a team renowned for bringing through top quality youth but not half a dozen superstars in the one team...manu maybe cos they have anderson, ronaldo, tevez and rooney and other decent youngsters as it is but arsenal really only have fabreags who would crack top 10 in world (imo in top5  :)) but then plenty of gifted players who are quality but not young superstars in fifa (high 90s etc) that would constitute having a stacked team of world XI quality...although arsenal do have all those youngsters already on their roster as a pose to shipping them in from all over the globe to the one teams and having a starting team of 19/20 y/o as ppl try to create a 10 ear dynasty of wonderkids...lol hope that makes some sense

anyway thats all personal opinion and i dont like building dream teams or teams full of young superstars...much prefer to draft in yaya toure to arsenal then buy a big name player that isn't too realistic ;)

pro evo may have been better in the past but heck fifa has regained much respect for this years title and now imo has much better game engine and most realistic experience and on top of that has the added bonus of league depth AND be a pro  :thumbup:

btw if you're a player that just runs down the wings and crosses that is cheap...finally fifa rewards players for building it through the middle and waiting for the chance to strike...hence more realistic results and none of these stupid 10-0 results on 2 minute halfs (unless u have become ultimate freak of nature online and can dominate like that through many hours of practice) so yeah when you score in 08 it has never felt so rewarding and you can be prone to the odd goal celebration  :eek:verhead:

Kareem

I dont know about  the AI being stronger than the latest version of Pro Evo...I unfortunately am still stuck on the previous year version of Pro Evo - PES 6.
A new adaptive AI system entitled 'Teamvision'  was implemented into the game. Teamvision is a sophisticated AI programming that learns and adapts according to an individual's style of play. As such, it will learn new ways to build attacks and to counter specific movements and previous attacking or defensive errors, ensuring games are more in line with the tactical but flowing nature of the real thing.

I was talking about Arsenal's qulaity in 5 years in future...
Adebayor will be crazy in 5 years...Fabregas will be WOW!
Walcott developed pretty awesome in the game- as did Van Persie, Eduardo and Merida (the next big thing IMO!!!).
Toure Yaya (as he for some odd reason prefers to be called now)

I dont buy big names...the biggest names i bought were from Man City, Lyon and Marseille...all realistic transfers (all been linked away from their clubs).

I score not so many goals from crosses (although getting better)(I like smaller, faster, creative strikers)...I like to build up my play, cut in from wings- score a few crackers...etc.

I still dont get the assisted controls...I shoot by myself in pro evo and everything (I hate the shooting in Fifa)(although scored a cracker against my mate).

In my opinion from playin Fifa08...I still prefer Pro Evo 6 (which isnt latest pro evo)...I dunno why but it feels a lot more like football to me...the buildup. Maybe coz I have only played fifa08 on ps2?
My mate when we play dribbles it to score...thats pretty gay. That is part of reason I dislike Fifa
On highest mode of Pro Evo you cant do that...you need the passing to unlock the defence (unless you are playin with man utd vs Adelaide United...then you can dribble past them).

I have been thinkin of buyin Fifa08 just coz i dont want to buy Pes2008 ( I have invested so much time putting in A-league teams)- but i will buy Pes2009 for sure!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred