• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

FIFA 08

Tassiemariner

Anyone else got "the FIFA rage disease" wherebye if you start sucking at fifa you break your controllers??
i have already smashed a left analog stick and the R2 key on my Ps2 controller.

adz

Staff member
Foriegnmariner said:
Anyone else got "the FIFA rage disease" wherebye if you start sucking at fifa you break your controllers??

yeah about 5 mins after I got the game

kepo

Foriegnmariner said:
lucky u weren't playing on wii...

:p
Wiinjury.jpg

thomas477

Anyone found a golden buy/ player?
I got Jozy Altidore on a free transfer. 78 overall and commands a wage of $75K+ but scores 3+ goals a game.
Also for some strange reason Ben Kennedy is better then Vukovic.
No farkin idea how that works

thomas477

by 3-4 overall.

I know because I have vuko in my team.
I cant believe he is worse then BK.
Still I rotate them

300th post  :postcount: :postcount: :postcount:

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
:headbounce: :headbounce: :headbounce: :headbounce: :headbounce:

graaant

What's Covic like in comparison?
I'm a PES man, though FIFA08 is decent, everyone just feels too heavy on their feet.

Kareem

taylor said:
Kareem said:
fifa is crap. Pro evo all the way!!!
I scored a cracker with Jedinak from outside the box the other day!

I didn't think pro evo had the A-league on it?
FIFA is better as it has all the leagues not just selected teams and a few leagues.
But you get like 16+ teams to do with them what you like (ie. make up teams). Stats are on pro evo forums.
My fastest player is like Heffernan. Jedinak scores long range goals...reasons why i like pro evo (more realistic) more than fifa (only bad thing is limited leagues).
I beat AC Milan 3-0 two times. Also was on winning streak against man utd, and co but somehow lost 1-0 to watford lol.
Far out the sydney attack is pretty crazy with the trio.
But i kill their defence.
I beat them like 5-0 i think (thats how good i am, lol)(might have been MV)

Kareem

Also in one of game modes (equivalent to career mode)Danny signed for Man Utd after a few years.
In another game (I restarted) heffernan was in Man Utd squad and Nathan Burns was playing for Lazio.

graaant

I hate that they took out Memorial Matches in new Pro Ev! That was one of the main selling points, apart from the realism in the old versions!

I like FIFA08, FIFA is getting better every year, if only PES could get some more licesnses (which is really the only reason you buy ANY EA game) then it will be insane.

dantheman2259

dannys stats went up by 2 or 3 with the latest roster update i think as did jedi's which is good considering he was at 51 (i think), funniest one is troy hearfield at 48 or somethin (pretty sure thats aleagues lowest with mcandrew)

Jimmy

james_sfc said:
So then,

PS3, XB360, or PS2 version?

wat u like?

PS3 for me.

Kareem said:
Also in one of game modes (equivalent to career mode)Danny signed for Man Utd after a few years.
In another game (I restarted) heffernan was in Man Utd squad and Nathan Burns was playing for Lazio.

Sounds so realistic :p

dantheman2259 said:
dannys stats went up by 2 or 3 with the latest roster update i think as did jedi's which is good considering he was at 51 (i think), funniest one is troy hearfield at 48 or somethin (pretty sure thats aleagues lowest with mcandrew)

Latest update on PS3?, everytime i try to do a squad update it tells me that the info isnt on the server or something like that.

graaant

dantheman2259 said:

That's because, Troy Hearfield is the worst player in the A-League.
Followed at a very close second by James Hoffman.

Useless pricks. Danny can save off them with just his face.

dantheman2259

Jimmydinho said:
dantheman2259 said:

Latest update on PS3?, everytime i try to do a squad update it tells me that the info isnt on the server or something like that.

(it'll rub out created players and/or anychanges u made to rosters/formations/stats) Delete your saved squads. Hit default squads in team management i think, then goto play online, it searches for the newest squads as of probably rd18(ish) - before that wanker brendan renaud started for syd - and then itll ask you to save it. Thats what i did, for some reason the actual download latest squad update part never has anything other than oct 07 or something but this way a few stats change and new players (laybutt, holland, aloisi a few others i cant remember of top of my head) pop up. Not just aleague all the leagues obviously.

Just wondering if anyone wanted to share any amazing fifa matches theyve had:
I was in champions league season 5 (on world class) with PSG vs Valencia (Q.F.) lost the first leg away 2-0 thought ok, mariners done the 3-0 i can get it too (lol), 6min goal to villa meaning i needed four. Got to 1all halftime and 2nd just after break with 3rd not to long after. The 4th in 75th min 4-1 win, game was messed up. Best ive done. For the record went on to lose S.F. to Everton 2-1

fedelta

Well I once beat Newcastle 8-0 with Man United. That was pretty freakin' memorable.
Does anyone find Semi-Pro alot harder in 08 than it was in 07??

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred