• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

FFA Cup 2019

Michael

Did what we needed, overall very comfortable. DDS, Silvera and Nizzy were stand outs for me.
Melling still needs to improve his passing consistency massively. Same with clisbys crossing.

Now we get to matty.... he’s so past it, it’s not even funny anymore. Never been a technical player but he’s gotten worse. If an old man river wee Mac can look like a super star against part timers then matty should atleast look like a good pro not the same level of said part timers, in some parts worse.
His 3 chances should of been goals. No ifs buts first day of pre seasons. If we have DDS, Oar, Ingham, Silvera etc etc buzzing with confidence and playing well and then feeding matty it’s going to kill those boys come aleague time.
And we need a 4th centre back.

Coastalraider

It’s not just that Matty is quite obviously pst his best (he didn’t look on Maitlands level tonight) but he doesn’t match up with everything the rest of the team is doing. We had fast transitions, one touch passing, Silvera, de Silva and Oar running hard fast lines, and Matty looping around in mid field liking to turn the ball back.

He is currently a very old, very slow square peg in our round hole.

Michael

We honestly would’ve won 6-0 ATLEAST if matty wasn’t on the pitch.
And more chances would’ve been created.
The link play of our creators and sharp dribbling out of tight areas was a breath of fresh air. It’s so infuriating and eventually depressing for an attacker to do everything perfectly only for your striker to absolutey murder the chance.

turbo

It’s not just that Matty is quite obviously pst his best (he didn’t look on Maitlands level tonight) but he doesn’t match up with everything the rest of the team is doing. We had fast transitions, one touch passing, Silvera, de Silva and Oar running hard fast lines, and Matty looping around in mid field liking to turn the ball back.

Was going to write something similar but you’ve nailed it. To his credit he worked hard and stepped up by dropping in to the backs which a lot of players wouldn’t have done, but at the same time as you say he just doesn’t suit the kind of attack we saw tonight. Had Murray been on I think he would have had a couple as well. By the time he got on we had lost a play maker in Oar (suspect that was player management not being out of gas) and we were getting tired.

My stand outs were:
Silvera - busy all night and willing to have a crack.
DDS - faded out later on but given he was late to preseason that’s understandable. Part of that was just others not making the pass when he was open but that will come with time. Looked really dangerous.
Oar - Lots of good runs and looked dangerous. Could have gone on longer and we were worse for him going off but I’d imagine Staj is easing him in to things a bit as well.

There were some positive signs and we know there is more quality coming in to the team. Hopefully GG and Tongyik are ok. Could use some more defensive cover.

Coastalraider

I was really impressed with de Silva to be honest.
Looked really hungry.

Silvera will be great off the bench once the Korean winger is sorted, really impressed with his fitness as well, he was about the only one who didn’t seem to tire.

Oar looks to have the quality back, he and DDS just need someone in fro t of them to link with. Hopefully our Serbian.

Melling hasn’t changed. Nisbett looked 10 times better.

Clisby was willing as well, he was linking really nicely with DDS early on.

true believer

Staj reckoned GG has done his groin, so likely to be out for a few weeks or more. Tongyik turned his ankle, so hopefully not serious.
You always hate games like these before blokes are really fit . Typical soft tissue shite .

At least staj got something to look at.
After last years train wreck

Tevor

Well it’s the most successful pre season for four years and now we at least have one more competitive match to focus on before the season starts. Plenty of time left as well. Bit of luck with the opposition but we need some and if it helps build confidence and provides a good pre season I’m satisfied.

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
Well, the bloke calling the game last night said Matty Simon, The woy woy windmill, was playing very deep, I instantly thought , him sitting on the coach waiting for the rest of the squad wasn’t deep enough....take the arm band off him, sit him on the bench or get him a job in public relations ...it’s OVER ( J Muzz must be stoked, he may get stopped playing on the f**king wing now) Smelling was ordinary, he can’t take a half a season again to get his head around it...
As for the other “old bloke” Wee Mac, he looks about half the McGlinchey he was last year and that’s a good thing...he moved much better than last year and this was proven with the 2 goals ....De Silva was amazeaballs....Silvera was beyond brilliant , Nizzy the Meerkat was typically Bonza , Ziggy wasn’t the SPL lunatic we thought he had the potential to be , GG and Ruon we’re pretty good until they got clattered ( the over training theory about Ruon kicked in about then) Pearce was OK but he needs a better keeper to learn from ...did i miss anybody ? Also roll on next game ( hopefully with a striker and a keeper and 0 injuries)

Josho Howe

Everything l came to say has already been said but my two cents -

Was behind the goals last night and Simon had 2 clear as day chances when Silvera and Nissy puts crosses right on his forehead. We cannot have someone who looked average against a part time Newcastle league side starting every week in the A-League

Silvera impressed me a lot. Standard of opposition was poor but has very good feet, nice touch and finally, someone who can whip good balls into the area regularly.

A better A-League side than us with a competent striker wins this game by 6-7. We barely played in the 2nd half and Simon squandered the 1-2 clear chances we had.

Our depth sucks. We need cover especially at the back. I liked the look of Ziggy. Could immediately tell he was on another level than our other defenders. If we had a full backline of his quality, i'd be much more comfortable.

Pearce still doesn't convince me at all. Bring on Birraz please.

Ozhammer

I heard an interesting stat tonight from a club source, which I thought I would share with the forum:

Nisbet’s passing accuracy vs Maitland FC - 97% (1 misplaced pass) vs Melling’s 52% (14 misplaced passes).

Says it all really doesn’t it? :headbounce:

Reactions: adz

Forum Phoenix

I heard an interesting stat tonight from a club source, which I thought I would share with the forum:

Nisbet’s passing accuracy vs Maitland FC - 97% (1 misplaced pass) vs Melling’s 52% (14 misplaced passes).

Says it all really doesn’t it? :headbounce:

Nisbet has a McKay like quality but is quicker and better on the ball. Serious potential imho. But to reach it he needs consistent time on the field this year. Hoping he gets it.

TBH, most excited I've been by our young players since Bernie Dukey era. Silvera is a terrific pick up. Majok I have a suspicion might well make a lot of people eat humble pie over the next couple of years. And Rowles has all the qualities too and I've also liked what i've seen of Tongyik.

Silvera 18
Nisbet 20
Majok 20
Tongyik 22

Exciting group of young talent.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members