• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Feb 19 v Where Were You When You Were Shit FC

Big Al

Would have said Nisbet, but he'll be too buggered to back up in less than 72 hours after that so I think we should start Mueller there... but, while I've been very reticent on the idea of bringing in Tongyik given he's not a DM and has been in poor form himself... so frustrated I'd be willing to have a look at Tongyik, because we're being killed in central midfield.

And for that matter we have very little penetration out wide, which meant Cummings — who does present and make quality runs despite what some seem to have thought — was being far too easily marked out of the game. Faz and Miller (who continues to be by far our most dangerous wide player :headbutt:) were pinned back holding off Rojas and Folami... Fair enough. But Niz or Cy did not get in behind. Niz lacks the pace of a true winger and the goal scoring ability of a forward... We know that. But he's fantastic at winning, keeping and playing the ball, so put him in central midfield where he f**king belongs Monty. At least Beni's pace and energy causes some headaches. Otherwise use Moresche - who is a better footballer than either of them. I haven't understood the praise of Cy. He's neat on the ball but he;s been owned by every single fullback he's played against. He got zero return against Nigro tonight. For mine, he turns well on the ball and sadly that's about it.

Oh and we MUST start taking Olly off once it's clear he's gassed.
The only thing Cy does well is his corners. If Matt was playing with Cy on corners we’d be dangerous there. He has a good turn ans has excellent feet as you mentioned but he just is slow and physically gets pushed off the ball. Was worth the punt but is not a starting player and probably lucky if makes the bench

midfielder

Ollie was dead on his feet. The fact that Tongyik was put there showed he had no choice on this sub.
He can still call and direct .... we have three teenage backs... the other holding mid a teenager ..., with Rowles I think 23 or 24.... we had about three minutes to go .... not 15....

Kalvin

He can still call and direct .... we have three teenage backs... the other holding mid a teenager ..., with Rowles I think 23 or 24.... we had about three minutes to go .... not 15....
Yes it does seem odd to sub him with 3 mins left with the game on a knife-edge!

turbo

Just got home and saw the score, another injury time goal. Don’t have the heart to bother with the replay for now :(

Wombat

The only thing Cy does well is his corners. If Matt was playing with Cy on corners we’d be dangerous there. He has a good turn ans has excellent feet as you mentioned but he just is slow and physically gets pushed off the ball. Was worth the punt but is not a starting player and probably lucky if makes the bench
Im a Cy fan but he was horrible tonight. Not just him..... Steele, Kye and Dan constantly killing any forward momentum.... (having said that i dont blame Kye, who was one of our best, but that lame build up from the back with Dan is soul destroying}

Last edited:

Huddo

That's 5 points dropped because of the last 5 minutes of the last 3 games.
Should be 16 points with games in hands, instead we're now at 11 and 7 point gap that we have to close.
This is becoming really f**king frustrating.

We really need a circuit breaker we're we are more than a goal up with a minute to go, or a game that only goes for 89 minutes.

LFCMariners

Just stop watching the Mariners from 85th min and we can celebrate these games
If I am going to spend at least 2 hours on something in my free time, I want to be reasonably sure that those 2, non-refundable hours are worth it and that there's a good chance I'll come away feeling good about what I decided to do.

I'm especially pissed off when I get through all but the last 2 minutes of an experience thinking "Yeah, this was worth doing" before something causes me to wish I'd spent the time entirely differently. Because then it feels like I've been swindled.

For context, there was a game once about a decade ago where CCM lost the win in the dying minutes and while plenty of people were as despondent as I'm seeing here, I was actually strangely optimistic after speaking to the team post-match and seeing how composed they were. I walked away feeling as if the squad (and manager) would learn a lot and be a real chance at winning silverware for the coming season at least- and this hunch turned out to be correct.

But tonight? Tonight it feels like the boys have learned nothing and Monty has got it wrong again, in a game that should've been the night they got it on track and walked away feeling proud of rectifying clear problems costing them games, in a refreshed mood for the difficult fixture coming up. And this has happened two weeks in a row now.

Last edited:

scottmac

Suspended
I actually disagree on this. Both Muller and Moresche have shown they are better through the middle. Moresche not a starter. Both had opportunities to play wide and underwhelmed. And Beni is just not this standard unfortunately.

Nizzy is fine where he is and picked up three points from Paramount tonight. Muller and Ollie for holding roles for me.
I agree with nearly all of this but Nisbet is our best asset, playing out of position. How do we know we aren't better with someone else playing out of position (Muller, Moresche) and having our best in his best position. He covers so much of that midfield already out wide. Why not start there and let him cover the wide position

Big Al

Im a Cy fan but he was horrible tonight. Not just him..... Steele, Kye and Dan constantly killing any forward momentum.
Cy is skillful unlike Beni but offers the same. He is ordinary every game he has started. The game is to fast and physical for him.

We have no aerial target for him to hit and I think this is the only thing he’d be good at.

Give sone credit to victory and Poppa here they don’t allow us to do the things we want to. They cut off the Miller side of the field and we aren’t good enough to go down the middle through passing and if we get half a sniff we don’t take it or back out again quickly. Farrell isn’t strong enough with the ball like Miller is do get us out on the left if we need help. He runs onto a through ball well but can’t beat a man

Forum Phoenix

Cy is skillful unlike Beni but offers the same. He is ordinary every game he has started. The game is to fast and physical for him. We have no aerial target for him to hit and I think this is the only thing he’d be good at.
Give sone credit to victory and Poppa here they don’t allow us to do the things we want to. They cut off the Miller side of the field and we aren’t good enough to go down the middle through passing and if we get half a sniff we don’t take it or back out again quickly. Farrell isn’t strong enough with the ball like Miller is do get us out on the left if we need help. He runs onto a through ball well but can’t beat a man
Yeah bang on BA.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred