• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Feb 19 v Where Were You When You Were Shit FC

scottmac

Suspended
Quit the baiting.

And Miller let the final cross get passed him. This what they are talking about. 95mins of defense not 1 play
So you're blaming Miller for that loss.......? the guy that played better than 10 other yellow players on the field.......

I'll bait as much as I want. It's deserved. Besides, he can't even see it so your protecting nothing.......Go ahead and use the ignore function if you can't handle it, it's done others wonders.....?

Last edited:

midfielder

Olli was very poor tonight......not Steele or Ballard poor but not what we expect from the great man
regardless .... final two to three minutes an old head to organise a bunch of teenagers is light years a better decision than replacing the most experienced player we have a leaving a teenager on ... playing in front of the MV home end to see out the game... its not brining on fresh legs and a bit of time wasting ... its we had no on field player in the backs and mids with massive experience only Rowles and Tonk out of position what the kid with maybe 200 minutes of first grade experience to organise him or maybe one of the other teens ...

Wombat

Quit the baiting.

And Miller let the final cross get passed him. This what they are talking about. 95mins of defense not 1 play
Al,

As a wide defender you cant cut out every cross, but you expect if the player is good enough to get it past you that your Keeper and defenders can clear the ball. Kye and Faz were at fault for this goal NOT Miller.

Wombat

He was generally solid against Folami tonight. Couldn’t handle Ikonomidis. Letting him cross for the goal was case in point.
Bullshit Mick. We had two defenders and a keeper on one attacker and failed to keep him out.
Having said that Ikonomidis is levels above most of our players.

Last edited:

Forum Phoenix

regardless .... final two to three minutes an old head to organise a bunch of teenagers is light years a better decision than replacing the most experienced player we have a leaving a teenager on ... playing in front of the MV home end to see out the game... its not brining on fresh legs and a bit of time wasting ... its we had no on field player in the backs and mids with massive experience only Rowles and Tonk out of position what the kid with maybe 200 minutes of first grade experience to organise him or maybe one of the other teens ...

I understand your point on the timing Middy, but honestly Ollie should have gone by 70 minutes. Re leadership and marshalling... Kye was considered one of the 4 senior leaders in the squad before he got a national team call up. And he has Birra behind him... they should be able to well and truly do the job. it wasn't an organisational issue imo. It was fatigue. Physical, and subsequently mental. In all three games.

I think others who have said Monty is scared of pulling off his best players because our squad lacks depth are correct. And despite the bench strength, the difference in attitudes by the coaches really matters in these key moments. Popa is making attacking subs and yelling at them to go forward. We didn't try to take hold of that game when the moment was there, just like last game. And the teams who haven't played scared againstVictory have all just beaten them. Barring a couple of players, I just don't think they're a mentally tough side, but we give them too much respect and lack serious attacking endeavour.

And now I'm worried the truth of what's happening will be lost inside the last minute short comings and think there aren't any deeper issues.

God I want Monty to turn this around. Cummings and Urena are the best attack we've had in a freaking age. Birra, Kye, Rowles, Hall and Miller are terrific- and Faz is on the way. It's our midfield we have to sort.

A start would be some proper midfield enforcing taking place and our wide players getting in behind.

Big Al

So you're blaming Miller for that loss.......? the guy that played better than 10 other yellow players on the field.......

I'll bait as much as I want. It's deserved. Besides, he can't even see it so your protecting nothing.......Go ahead and use the ignore function if you can't handle it, it's done others wonders.....?
Mate I don’t mind your contributions and your opinion is worth the same as everyone else but your out to cause a stink here when it’s not necessary. This place is enjoyable and everyone gets along well so lets just keep the crap out of it. Everyone has there favourites or not favorites. Just let it be. What does it matter if they don’t like him or disagree with your point of view.

I am not protecting anyone but the forums decorum. It’s up to you, if you can go yeah alright my bad i was carrying on a bit or if you want to keep up with it then i will use the ignore function but I don’t want to do that I want to hear your opinion and everyone elses.

Yes i am putting some blame on him. He can be outstanding for 94 mins but if he is part of the reason the goal is Scored in a 1-0 loss then the rest is wasted. Doesn’t mean he wasn’t our best player and he has been the last 3 on a row
I used to think Miller was average but I’ve been watching him closely and he has been super impressive and if he keeps going like this will be overseas in no time and a shout for the Socceroos in 2 yrs time. I am that impressed with his development and i hope he continues with that.
That said he is only a raw young player and they make mistakes. He gets tired because of his physic and can get caught off his man late in game. No biggie he will hopefully learn from it.

Big Al

Al,

As a wide defender you cant cut out every cross, but you expect if the player is good enough to get it past you that your Keeper and defenders can clear the ball. Kye and Faz were at fault for this goal NOT Miller.
True and Faz was ball watching and the ball landed in the perfect spot and Birraz should be in a position to save. That’s why i said Miller was part of the problem.

Yeah you can’t stop them all i get what your saying but he gave to much space and allows a super pin point cross and it was allowed from the goal side. If your getting crossed on it should be from the inside (halfway side if that makes sense).
I think because he’s tired. It’s the desperation in the last couple minutes that we needed him closer.

However i agree two defenders and a keeper should be stopping that.

scottmac

Suspended
Mate I don’t mind your contributions and your opinion is worth the same as everyone else but your out to cause a stink here when it’s not necessary. This place is enjoyable and everyone gets along well so lets just keep the crap out of it. Everyone has there favourites or not favorites. Just let it be. What does it matter if they don’t like him or disagree with your point of view.

I am not protecting anyone but the forums decorum. It’s up to you, if you can go yeah alright my bad i was carrying on a bit or if you want to keep up with it then i will use the ignore function but I don’t want to do that I want to hear your opinion and everyone elses.

Yes i am putting some blame on him. He can be outstanding for 94 mins but if he is part of the reason the goal is Scored in a 1-0 loss then the rest is wasted. Doesn’t mean he wasn’t our best player and he has been the last 3 on a row
I used to think Miller was average but I’ve been watching him closely and he has been super impressive and if he keeps going like this will be overseas in no time and a shout for the Socceroos in 2 yrs time. I am that impressed with his development and i hope he continues with that.
That said he is only a raw young player and they make mistakes. He gets tired because of his physic and can get caught off his man late in game. No biggie he will hopefully learn from it.
So everything you've said there flys in the face of what FFC has to say about Miller. And yet I'm the one you're arguing with.....I must be drunk ??

scottmac

Suspended
Drunk seems to be a common occurrence with you. I think you should probably evaluate your life choices.
Oh, definitely Mick, because as you've said before, you know me so well.... don't you. Amazing how all these people that have never met me, know I'm a drunk by the words I type.............? how are my children by the way, seeing as though you know what's best for me, I better get your advice? Or do you need to run it by FFC before telling me? What about my investments? You got an opinion on that?

Last edited:

midfielder

The consensus seems to be [and I agree with it] is we lack pentation in the mids and we loose the ball a lot from often mids not being in good positions and the mids are not closing down as much as we would like...

I don't know the answer but if we don't fix it the season is going to be a long one

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred