• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Feb 19 v Where Were You When You Were Shit FC

Ancient Mariner

I remember when many here gave Rowles heaps when he first started and made mistakes. I also remember last year when Miller used to get downfield and look lost.
If the present crop of young guys can make a similar progression I will be happy.
Nizz was good from his first appearance, but he is something special.

Ads

Monty was willing to throw Tongyik in last night into an unfamiliar spot although only for 5 minutes. Beni reduced game time again.

I think coaches & clubs often listen to the fans.
It usually just takes a couple more games to come to the same conclusions as they don’t want to be seen as drastically changing their plan or wavering on what they have previously said to players until they have just cause.

So….

I highly believe we will see Nizzy in the middle this week!

However Monty might persist with the formation for a couple more games and adapt as the games progress or if we fall behind.

Miller——-Hall———Rowles——-Farrell
Cy———-Nizzy———-Olli———-Muller
———————Urena————————
——————-Cummings——————-

Insertnamehere

Great post. I felt philosophical after we bollocked up the last two late. But that one, probably accumulative, really got to me.

But still standing by the fact that it looks a season or so too early for starting Steele or Ballard and our midfield needs attention.
Considering how much Niz was treated with kit gloves. Jamming Harry and Max in seems like a massive error.

Forum Phoenix

I remember when many here gave Rowles heaps when he first started and made mistakes. I also remember last year when Miller used to get downfield and look lost.
If the present crop of young guys can make a similar progression I will be happy.
Nizz was good from his first appearance, but he is something special.
Yeah I was a defender of Miller, Rowles and Stens who all copped a lot of shit. But I don’t have the same confidence in Steele. I like his determination but that’s not enough. I need to see another attribute because he doesn’t have the traditional height/strength of a DM enforcer and does not look anywhere near as good on the ball as players like Olly, niz, or Ballard for that matter - as I do think Max has shown some very silky glimpses - and was imperious against Appia - but he’s not A league starting level yet. I know it’s the mariners, but no way they’re starting in other sides imho.

Christmas tree, or I want to see niz or Tongyik next to Olly. We need to stop teams running the f**k over our midfield.

style_cafe

I`m not jumping on the panic bandwagon as yet .
Monty needs some time to adapt to the higher level,as does his his former academy players.
His belief in them is admirable but i think they need to take a step back and make some appearances from the splinter.
Farrell being the exception.

My 2c worth FWIW would be to keep the back 4, bring Tongyik in as DM
Play the diamond with Ollie left, Muller right and Nizz as a 10.
JC and Marco up the front.

Muller and Nizz to interchange.
Olly gets protected by RT who also adds height and strength but provides cover as a CB when we attack
with Faz and Miller working the flanks.
Urena to drop as as a false 9 to create space for JC.

Faz and Miller to be aggressive in attacking the box with Faz needing to do more in the front 3rd.

When defending with Rowles, Tongyik and Hall as a back 3, we have 2 Socceroos and a rising Socceroo
to slow the play.
Steele, Balard, Moreshe, Cy and Beni all need more time to develop and should be used as fresh legs.

I`m actually pleased with the way we played Nizz looked good for a long period but went missing for a while before emerging again.
Olly worked his arse off but gave away the ball far to often as did Cy, Steele and Balard.

Urena also worked hard but has yet to develop the partnership with JC which may take a while.... :popcorn:

Allreet?

Ruon can play RB, but Miller has been strong there recently.

Either Ruon or Miller at DM would be good. Worth trying.

Insertnamehere

I think it was purely down to budget constraints. It has been a false economy BUT Maxi and Harry will be better players next season.
Nizz solves the CM issue for me.
Absolutely they will. They look potential. We are just loaded with cm/dm and not playing well through the middle.

Melange

Ruon can play RB, but Miller has been strong there recently.

Either Ruon or Miller at DM would be good. Worth trying.

I think that's fantasy league stuff cause I on evidence I just don't see Monty putting Miller there, but nice thinking, I think he'd be awesome. Put a few opposition mids on their arses, ala Stens last year.

Put Ruon CD and Hall RB in a more defensive role than Miller has been playing.

Worried about the toll on Boz from playing so many minutes. Next two team lists will be very interesting.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred