• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

EURO

Ranyen

Check this out.

http://wwos.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=582440

Swiss TV station makes Nazi anthem boob
07:00 AEST Thu Jun 19 2008

Swiss television station SRG has apologised for mistakenly putting the words of the old Nazi Germany national anthem as subtitles instead of those of the present German one prior to the Euro 2008 Group B match with Austria on Monday.

Both the Nazi version and the present-day one come from the same song, 'das Deutschlandlied' composed by August Heinrich Hoffmann in 1841 from music by Austrian composer Joseph Haydn.

"It is an inexcusable error," one of those in charge of the subtitling service for the station told Blick, though he added it was the fault of two young female editors.

Used in its entirety as the national anthem from 1922, the Nazis once they came to power only sang the first verse while post World War II Germany sing just the third verse, and not the lines that inadvertent viewers were treated to on Monday which included 'Deutschland Deutschland uber alles'.

Not sure if it make us forgetting to play the Ghana anthem better or worse.

Andy

serious14 said:
AAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHA!!!!

mutu.jpg

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

:D

Arabmariner

taylor said:
Arabmariner said:
Turkey,Croatia,Romania and Russia all to qualify for the next round!!

Ahh unlucky mate. So close
So close I was almost at the pub spending the money! :'(
serious14 said:
AAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHA!!!!

mutu.jpg

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
That dog could take a better penalty than Mutu! :(
_-=DTF=-_ said:
can you put a multi bet on the 4 quaterfinal games???
Yes you can.I've just been up the TAB to put mine on.

Germany,Turkey,Netherlands and Spain to qualify!

:vhappy:

happy

The 1st quarter final is over and I doubted that this could happen regarding the former performances:
Germany has won 3:2 over Portugal

Germany led 2:0 (Schweinsteiger, Klose) after just half an hour; Nuno Gomes scored the 2:1 shortly before half-time break; after the break Portugal made pressure towards the German goal but failed a few times; Ballack scored the 3:1 after a free kick.
3mins before the end it got thrilling again as Portugal scored the 3:2 but they didn't have the luck to equalise.

So Germany has to play either Turkey or Croatia (they are playing tomorrow night) next Wednesday.

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
sooooo.....Netherlands  vs the GuusSki's on satdee...predictions please.....i'm tipping 2-0 ORANJE ( but then i'm byast)

knvbbus.jpg

off towards glory on the bus of ORANJE then...... :thumbup:

Arabmariner

Bye bye Ronaldo & co.

One down and three to go.

If the Turks pull off another upset tomorrow morning the mighty pub will start to beckon once again!  :vhappy:

happy

Every match in which Turkey is involved is unbelievable.
The first 90mins ended 0:0 and were pretty boring. It was the same wih the first 28mins of over time - but then Croatia scored the 1:0 (Klasnic) after a failure of the Turkish goalkeeper and just 1min later Turkey equalised!

Now there is a penalty shoot out.

Edit:
1. Croatia failed - Turkey scored 1:0 Turkey
2. Croatia scored - Turkey scored 2:1 Turkey
3. Croatia failed - Turkey scored 3:1 Turkey
4. Croatia failed - the Turkish goalkeeper saved it

So Germany has to play Turkey in the semi final on Wednesday...that's gonna be interesting... ;D

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred