• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Craig Foster on the Mariners

Timmah

What's funny is that he said himself he's still "just learning" about the world game, yet he feels he's lofty enough to cast assertions about what "good football" is.

Sure, Craig... you're the all knowing. Not.

K

kman

Craig Foster's case was proven yesterday as far as I'm concerned.

The mariners only looked dangerous for about 10 minutes early in the 2nd half when they were...wait for it...passing the ball.

Whenever they resorted to the long ball, the Jets' back 3 ate them up.

Better luck next year!

K

kman

This whole forum stinks of sour grapes.

What were you guys going to blame the loss on up until the "controversial ending". The crap style of play...not likely...Alomisi and Sash playing like they came straight from the ID's...hell no!

Foster was right all along and never was it more evident than yesterday.

And there are people on here that think Lawrie will win coach of the year. I find that funny.

skilbeck

kevrenor said:
Having said that - please note - anyone acting like a total dickhead over the next few days when emotions will run high one way or another, will be banned.  Win or lose think before you post!

Im sure people are getting tired of me quoting this but read this and read this carefully before you post next kman

fedelta

kman said:
This whole forum stinks of sour grapes.

What were you guys going to blame the loss on up until the "controversial ending". The crap style of play...not likely...Alomisi and Sash playing like they came straight from the ID's...hell no!

Foster was right all along and never was it more evident than yesterday.

And there are people on here that think Lawrie will win coach of the year. I find that funny.

Scum troll!

K

kman

Sorry guys. Just voicing an opinion, though it seems that is not welcome here unless it's the same opinion as everyone else.

Catch you all next year!

poetryintheblood

Craig Forster is a WANNABE, he is nothing but a NEGATIVE PR***, and thinks his shit doesn't stink. No sour grapes A**H***, just telling it like it is, saw the worst display of it yesterday, you have to rag on our players and play your dirty way to win, no if's or buts about it, you are nothing but schoolyard children who have to name call and the such, hoping to see retaliation, but then again having the F***W** ref on side helps too doesn't it SCUM.

kevrenor

FOREVER_GOLD said:
fozzie is spot on.

jets are the most attractive a-league team.

f**k up c**ts.

Now you've left us .... with North having a head like a robbers dog, and Griffiths a tool you can hardly call that attractive.

Besides they played crap football in the Grand Final ... we were just worse.

S

soccersensei

Forever Gold, attractive football comes... attractive football goes...
But with that attitude? You I'm afraid, will always be ugly.

FFC Mariner

We just need 11 Brazillians. Why oh why wont the club listen to Craig?? His glittering career, stellar coaching record. Does that count for nothing with you people??

This man is watched by almost 40 people a week on SBS. Why do we doubt his genius??

b-rad

For a majority of the mariners games,i feel as though "Fossie" has a point.I tend to watch most of the a-league games regardless of who is playing,and im sorry to say the mariners style is just plain boring.
Long ball tactics are just sleep inducing,the same old "lets feed it to aloisi" trick has been squashed by every club.
The mariners have a lot of potential in the midst,eg Jedinak,Kwasnick,but it just seems to be going to waste.
Just my two cents.

But yes,Craig Foster is indeed a dickhead in all other aspects of life and football.

Bex

Why do all these single digit, instant expert posters come out of the woodwork the moment we lose a GF? What sick perverts are they? The Mariners have actually been playing all year........

S

soccersensei

b-rad said:
Long ball tactics are just sleep inducing,the same old "lets feed it to aloisi" trick has been squashed by every club.

Yes, we were crushed by everyone... yet still somehow recorded the most wins of the season, became premiers and made the Grand Final... TIME TO WAKE UP BOYS!!!

To be honest, if you find the play boring, I really struggle to believe you've been to that many games this season, barring the GF which was not a good game. Outside of that, matches containing the Mariners have provided without a shadow of doubt the most entertaining matches of the year, even FOX has admitted as such, and Fosters long ball theory is just that, a theory. There have been so many goals scored by the Mariners from open play this season and not just long balls in and crosses that it was an absurd appraisal by a bitter man on a sinking ship.

In fairness, I think you'll find there's been been plenty of talking and critique from within re our attacking game, but you also have to work with what you have. The style the Mariners have been playing is (at least to a large regard) what you need/have to do with strikers of the playing style of John & Sasho, and Lawrie as a coach used what he had. If he didn't and we finished wooden spoon, then I may be criticising. "Boring" is the least of our worries and there are so many positives, that I suggest focusing on those more if you feel your enjoyment is lacking. You see what you look for.

soccersensei said:
The ludicrous thing, is we DOOOO bloody play attractive football!!!! Not all the time.
NOBODY DOES ALL THE TIME!!! Even Freaking Brazilians!!!!!!!!

It's insulting that we even have to bother giving these claims any sense of validity at all by actually refuting them. However FOSTER THE BURKE leaves little choice. Lawrie deals with this impeccably well except that I confess it hurts when I hear him say (because he is not an arrogant nor prideful man) "well I don't know, we might not play the most attractive football... etc" CCM has played loads of attractive football in my opinion. Adelaide was playing clearly the most classiest football I felt till we beat them 2 - 0 in a performance that no one in their right mind could call "unattractive" QLD? QLD?? Roar have played some INCREDIBLY BORING football, how on earth do people find that attractive? Nothing is ever achieved, and when all is for nought, I really struggle to find that attractive and I'd bet my life the ratings would reflect such a statement, if that was all we saw all year. Scoring goals is clearly a very attractive quality. In football, IT IS THE MOST ATTRACTIVE QUALITY! This is followed by players beating other players, passing, goal saves and then defense. While "truly great" moments in any of these categories may at times eclipse all challengers. In general it cannot be argued that the reason highlight reels are largely of GOALS, is for a pretty simple reason... There can be no argument about it.

We could say, that is it all depends on your personal definition of what's attractive. Me I'm a bum man, but for my friend it's all about the boobs. The EPL is more "attractive" to me than Spanish football. We each have different tastes yes, Foster.... Foster is not basing his ideas on what happens in front of him... or even his personal tastes... he's not honest enough with himself to know or to see clearly. Fosters beliefs are based upon Fosters bitter ego and his personal agenda, he is blinded by his own conceit, and now it's karmically starting to bite him back on the ass!!!  Time to grow up Foster.  :naughty:
On Ya mate, great post, couldnt agree more. Soccersensai 4 PM

FOREVER_GOLD said:
fozzie is spot on.

jets are the most attractive a-league team.

f**k up c**ts.
Your on welfare, we're on employment. Go marry ya sister, ya freaks. Jets can dive and jump all they want, thats wat foster wants... a bunch of divers

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred