• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Craig Foster on the Mariners

cruiser

What a dickhead! In todays Sun Herald Craig Foster claims that the Mariners are one of the three worse teams in the comp (along with Sydney and Perth), rated into a third tier due to what he perceives as our style of play.

This idiot clearly has no credibililty and papers such as the Sun Herald should wake up to that and sack him. You dont get to be premiers and a grand finalist by playing the worse football in the comp.  :redcard:

http://www.smh.com.au/news/a-league/the-best-final-we-wont-have-jets-v-roar/2008/02/16/1202760663826.html

Mariner Girl

I just read the article in the middle of breakfast. I nearly threw my breakfast against the wall  :fireup: :fireup:
So so angry. I can't stand Craig Foster, he is so bloody stuck on the Brazilian style of play. Some of these players have been nothing short of trouble for their clubs.

We have been very entertaining this season - THANK YOU VERY MUCH !

At least Lawrie has stuck to his guns  :pirashoot: and kept it real with some good Aussie talent and EXPERIENCE.

F*ck I hope we smash whatever "First Tier" CHOKING team we face next week.

Don't think I should watch TWG this afternoon, the TV  :tv: is in danger of having a brick thrown at it.

kevrenor

1. He gives absolutely no supporting analysis or evidence for his ratings
2. He wastes a full page of the Sunday paper before the PF and more importantly the GF to rabbit on about his wanky rating!

Go back to Lismore ...

pommypete

The guy is Mr negative of Aussie football. He always start his so called "expert " analyisis slagging off somebody or some team.I reckon him and Harper are givin it to each other,who do you think is receivo?

bikinigirl

. firstly, haven't read the article (yet, will get to it) but i have a fair idea of what to expect from past articles/comments from foster

. initially i thought he provided some insightful comments about style of play and where he would like to see the game head in this country - and it is his opinion and he is entitled to it

. but after three years of the a-league he is still bleating on about the same things - the league has changed, it has improved and the skill levels have improved

. although the league is only 3 years young he insists on comparing it to the top leagues in spain & italy with their unlimited funds

. also considering we were without a league for a couple of years following the demise of the nsl there are a number of (critically aged) players who have had their development suffer

. i just wish he could realise that he is doing more damage than good in this environment, people without the experience to make their own decisions are guided by his so called 'expert' comments - for people of non-football backgrounds the technical ability and strategy shown at a-league games far outweigh what they would normally see in the other codes - some complimentary comments every now and then would go a long way to improving the league (more interest means more money, etc)

. to close off i am brought back to a comment i heard from him on twg once something along the lines of ... listen, i saw some of that game sydney played ... - give me a break, saw some of one game, how can you guage the quality of the league (and individual teams) by watching highlights packages

Roy Law

Not sure what part of Mariners 3 Newcastle 0 he didn't understand.And as Harper put it for the 0-2 defeat that wasn't a fair reflection of the game. Foster, and old Les, are completely out of touch with the reality of football. Andhow on earth he can praise Queensland, the most boring destructive team in the comp is beyond me.

cruiser

Of course the best way to show the country what a complete twat Forster is without any credibility, will be for the Mariners to hold aloft the champion trophy next Sunday. Someone should have a banner ready for that. 

marinersman

I think Adelaide by far, when they are on, play the best Football.

Don't let him get to you people. When we win next weekend it won't matter what he thinks.

It's one man's opinion and he is allowed to have an opinion. We know he's no fan of us, so why worry about it?

He can write what he likes. The fact of the matter is we are Premiers, nobody else, and when we become champions it won't matter a bugger what he thinks.

midfielder

He is a waste of space.

He does not deserve to sit in the great Johnny Warrens chair..SBS are in a turf war with Fox as discussed many times in this forum. That war extends also to who you like and who you dont. Kossie for all his faults  was able to do what the brilliant Culunia could not with the choppers.

However there is some come back, ..yes and is in the form of ..a player on air who is the idol of both.

Juninho when asked by fozzie on air said, its to do with the players a coach has at his disposal, in Old you have short players so they need to kept the ball on the ground whereas the Mariners are a tall fast side a so they will often naturally go to the air more often.

End of argument and that was last week and yet fozzie still keeps it up.

For me fozzie is now flawed in his arguments, Mrs football has him in his power, if its not South American its rubbish.

Message to fozzie, when nine have the rights to the Socceroos as they well might, you spot in the chair to cover the matches is becoming less likely.

Just on the turf war thing it is funny how this is penned in the grand final week.

Thanks for supporting the A-league fozzie ..............at least we all know you have joined the dark side.

Remember fozzie (luke,- star war), you can turn back from the dark side. Channel 9 awaits but Ange on offsiders on the ABC is doing much better.

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

Um, how is the team who were on top for, what, 17/21 rounds was it, NOT the best?

If the lead was split over a few more teams a bit more evenly then you may have some credibility in saying we're not the best.

We've won a preseason cup, made our 2nd grand final appearance, become minor premiers....What could be more consistent than that?

We take the approach that you don't NEED big names to win football; building a team is about more than that.  We take on a few, but we're proving that it's possible to be a community based team - and to be honest, you HAVE to be community based to be viable on the coast.  IMO that gives us something that a lot of teams don't have. 

I don't know what he means by 'best style of football' - if it doesn't win, then how can it be the 'best'?  It might be the prettiest, but it obviously isn't the best!

I would say that Qld have usually been one of the poorer teams to watch.  Jets have only been good to watch due to players like Nicky Carle (even though I'd give anything to punch the filthy little twat in the mouth).  Oh, and they've still got a couple of quick players.  Beyond that, what do they do that we don't that gives them a better style of football?

This guy is a complete idiot, and 95% of his article doesn't even make the slightest bit of sense.

Unfortunately, I've read far, far worse than this - this pitiful attempt at an attack isn't even worth getting riled up about.

Don't we kind of love being the underdogs anyway - and isn't it writings like this that keep us as underdogs?  f**k'em, we're the best, and that's all there is to it. 

dibo

it's foster, not forster.

the article was a piece of rubbish - as is unfortunately all too common from foster.

as kevrenor said, no argument, no analysis, just the same preconceived notions. i don't think we are the prettiest team to watch, but we're certainly effective, we have scored some great goals this year and last week's performance was one of the best that any team has turned in this season. and yet he spurned the opportunity to either talk up what he thinks will be a cracker tonight or review last week's matches. he's a waste of space.

Blackadder

Simple solution for Foster if he doesn't like the brand of football played, f%$# off to South America. (don't expect to get a football analysiser job there because you will be a nobody)

Who gives a rats arse about boring football, effective football is much more important.

B

bakery5

I usually get the Sunday Telegraph delivered, however today the dude delivered the Sun-Herald by mistake, so instead of going down the the newsagent and swapping the Sun-Herald for a Telegraph, I thought I would stick with the Sun today. After reading his Foster's article I will ask for a change of paper if I get the Sun-Herald in the future.

I am currently using the Sun-Herald has toliet paper.

Tez

Foster is a tool!  :fireup:

A couple of weeks ago when Les asked Foster about what he thought about the A-league Fnals and who would win, he said "your probly better to ask about this league, than i am".

Yet he come out with this article when he acknowledges that he is not at expert on this League. He doesnt even like it, all he ever does is pay it out - why doesnt he F*ck off to europe if he likes it there so much?  :fireup:

What a deat set TOOL!  :redcard:

Jesus

Jesus
Blackadder said:
Simple solution for Foster if he doesn't like the brand of football played, f%$# off to South America. (don't expect to get a football analysiser job there because you will be a nobody)

Who gives a rats arse about boring football, effective football is much more important.

South american teams tend not to play too much like les and foster believe. I remember reading an article on TWG from vickery i think, their SA correspondant, and he said something along the lines of "the brazillian game is made for athletes, fast and strong, not for artists, unlike some here at sbs believe". Thats not a direct quote.

I think on the weekend we played one of the best games, of any team, all season. Our passing and movement was awesome.

Why is the wings so important to fozzie?
What is the difference between hitting th bi line time and time again and angling balls towards tall centre forwards, and lofting balls from a bit further back for tall centre forwards?

The same people who say dukes plays such an important role for australia, where he brings down the ball with back to goals, and passes to the oncoming midfield, say that it is ugly when done by sash or aloisi to tommy or kwassie?

I remember when kwassie scored that ripper of the pass from mrdja, the commentator saying, if that goal was scored by one of the brazillians in the league, we would be seeing it over and over again.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred