• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Congrats to Newcastle.

sccsmb

glad you lot enjoyed the stadium haha we saw you on TV spread throughout the coves bays and the SCC Bay you did well! you guys dont have a bad stadium yourself with that lovely sea breeze!

FFC Mariner

Congratulations to the Jets, they deserved to win on the day (regardless of the penalty) and we should have been dead and buried long before the 93rd minute.

Danny - nothing he could do about the goal and had v little other saves to make

Boogs - Immense, will grow into a real class act

Wilko - Did he play??

Viddie - Apart form 1 lapse, top effort

Checkers - Too slow, too negative, shit footballer who is not HAL standard anymore

Kwassie - He is either brilliant or crap - today he wasnt brilliant

Jedi - took a heavy knock, could hardly walk at Mingers, v quiet game

Hutch - Tried but thats about it

Owens - Not match fit, looked lost and why why why he started is beyond me

Saso - Worked hard, got no ball

JA - 1 chance, stuffed it did nothing else at all - ditto last month really.

Subs:

Simon - Just dont see it, sorry

Gumps - Should have started

Tommy - pure class, pity he was injured.

Overall, a great day out until we kicked off and showed that we just cant handle big games

Mattsy

Well guys, I must admit it wasn't a tough fight (now im not bragging or trying to sound rude) but as the saying goes, you guys were there but they weren't actually "there"

So many of your deadly longballs converted into crosses were just missing their mark. But honestly, the most threatening time was just after halftime, I am honestly suprised that we lived through that

Good game over all, I think in the end as mckinna said himself, vukovic's outburst may have been warranted but it was passion, frustration and alot of other emotions mixed.

I have to congratulate the mariners for being such a rival and giving us the wake up call a few weeks back.

Good luck next season!

marinersman

SFS has always been my favourite stadium ever since the first time I went there when we smashed Argentina in the Bicentennial Gold Cup.

Not a bad seat in the house, loads of atmosphere, facilities are great and just the right size for a good number of our Football matches.

Wheresdadspants?

We were shit. Andre should have started with Clarky!!!!!! At least they would have had more heart. Feel sorry for Viddy but seriously f**ked up!!!! Lost us the game. A bit harsh but that one play ruined us. I hope to god we keep clarky as a player next year. I am sooooo gutted right now. Had to leave at the 80min mark cause if I saw anyone in a jets shirt I would have started shit. f**k the Jets!!!!! WE WERE SHIT But seriously f**k Newcastle and any bogan from there.

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

Mattsy - cheers for the comments.  You can be a sore loser, but you can also be a sore winner.  Good to see a Jets supporter coming on here respectuflly after that victory.

You guys were all over us, and you deserved to win this match.  I think that's why the couple of poor refereeing decisions don't really bother me.

Mattsy

Capn Gus Bloodbeard said:
Mattsy - cheers for the comments.  You can be a sore loser, but you can also be a sore winner.  Good to see a Jets supporter coming on here respectuflly after that victory.

You guys were all over us, and you deserved to win this match.  I think that's why the couple of poor refereeing decisions don't really bother me.

Honestly mate, I know people look for scapegoats, but there are always poor ones for both sides, thank christ that none of them were fatal

marinersman

Couldn't agree more with what you said above Capn. Absolutley spot on.

It's a very emotional night for all of us in yellow, but wheresdadpants, it's time to pull your head in mate. No need for some of your posts tomight.

sccsmb

Greenpoleffc said:
Terribly similar to our performance against the Bling in GF1.

(and most of season 2 as well)

yeah but that gf wasnt quite so controversial! we were both shite and one nice shot seperated the two sides! im still upset that so many travelling fans didnt get what they deserved to see and one mans silly decision ( or lack of decision) has ruined something that could have been different!

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

Mattsy said:

Honestly mate, I know people look for scapegoats, but there are always poor ones for both sides, thank christ that none of them were fatal

My point was that I was too dismayed by our performance that I don't even think there's any point to looking at the referee as a scapegoat.  Nobody could argue in favour of his decision for that penalty, and you guys certainly had no decision as match changing as that go against you - but we played so shit that we clearly deserved to lose, so IMO the penalty is immaterial.  I will agree that we benefitted as well as lost from a few dubious decisions, although none of those other ones really seemed to affect the match either way, in the end. 

That would've put it into extra time - but the way the game was going, you guys would've been more likely to score in extra time anyway. 

You're right it goes both ways.  One game you'll benefit, the next we'll benefit.  It seems to us like it goes to our opposition more than it goes to us - though I expect every team feels the same way :D

Congratulations on your victory - and don't go thinking we're going to let you get away with it next season ;-) 

serious14

Listen Where'sdadspants (Brad), you are obviously somewhat angry and hypo right now, so just take a step away from the keyboard, calm down, and come back in 10 minutes or later today, because you're making no friends at the moment.

I have some faith in Simon, but it's slipping away day by day, and yet again, he had 2 chances today to draw the game level and anything resembling a shooting foot/head seems to escape him.  When he starts to prove himself worthy of a 2 year renewal to his contract then some of us who are starting to wonder won't be so critical, 'cause at the moment he's a good target man, a hard worker around the field.................... and not much else.  We need more than that.

bec

unlucky tonight guys the vukovic incident really had nothing in it just a rush of blood the the head i suggest but both team didnt play over exciting football but the 1-0 score line still showed it was close

skilbeck

sccsmb said:
glad you lot enjoyed the stadium haha we saw you on TV spread throughout the coves bays and the SCC Bay you did well! you guys dont have a bad stadium yourself with that lovely sea breeze!

It is a nice setup you have there. Just seems to be a bit unlucky to us a lot of the time :p

Wheresdadspants?

Yeah I apologise for the aggresiveness but Matty S is a mate of mine and I know what he is capable of. Just riled up to losing to our rivals. We were shit today and we should have started gumps and clarky as they have more heart for our team than ceccolli and owens. I really can't see anyone dis agreeing with me on this. I hope we keep clarky for next season cause trust me we NEED him. We needed more heart in the team tonight and clark and gumps IMHO would have provided this. Anyway hope you guys have a better night!!

coast

last night crushed me, im still feeling it today and think i will be for quite a bit longer. Solid game by viddy leading up to his mistake, sad he couldnt go out the way he deserves. There is only one thing i hate more than a scummer, and thats the ref's, it's getting to beyond a joke. If there was a system where ref's received red cards/suspension for f**k-up's, simular to that of the player's, i think alot of the a-league's 'top' ref's would be doing time on hte sideline's.

In saying this, it was a top season from the boy's, next season can come quick enough. Will miss viddy though.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred