• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Congrats to Newcastle.

Ted

Yup congrats to the Jets, they played well and probably deserved the win. I still feel the overlooked hand ball and Danny being sent in the dying moments though was a harsh call ....

Tassiemariner

Game deserved to be won in extra time by either us or newcastle.
Fairly dull game in truth.

Still not happy about that penalty not given and Danny getting sent off was a bit odd. Still haven't seen what he did wrong yet.
Very very angry about that.

Ted

I believe (not 100% sure) he had a few words to say about the hand ball in the box being 'overlooked'.... I feel sorry for Viddy, what a blunder to end your playing career with....

rosko

Poor Viddy... That one will live with him for a long time! Danny pushed Shield's arm out of the way. As soon as he did it, he knew to start heading for the shower. I couldn't see the claim for the penalty, Bay 31 at the other end, one of my mates was right on it and said we were robbed, and he is a Sydney supporter, so no bias...
Congrats to Newcastle though, we didn't deserve to win it. I thought we played one of our worst today! The Jets were only slightly better though..
  :'( :'( :'(

Tassiemariner

Obvious penalty, just been on the scummers forum and a couple of them said Shield's stufffed it up.

Not a very good game for the nuetral either

From the dug out

Extra time would of been interesting.

Definate hand ball, although very hard to see on the tele from that angle, until you show it in slow motion

Newcastle played better, would love to say Football was the winner, but can't.

bec

unlucky guys wasn't the greatest grand final but was really close..unlucky to vidmar to for the slip up but and i do agree that it shouldve been a penalty to u guys but shields made the call lookin forward to next seasons guys...GO YOU JETS!!!!champions for 2008

cruiser

Crap game. We were awful. How hard is it to get a corner!! Vidmar's error was a tragedy.

I had originally congratulated the Jets in this message but after having just seen the Holland handball that wasnt paid to us as a penalty I take it back. The Jets are cheating, despicable scum. Refs in this country are attrocious.  :redcard:

kepo

Foriegnmariner said:
Why do all our refs choke in the big matches??

Shield had a good/acceptable 91 minutes the just stuffed it up.
This game somes up the refs standard for the season....rubbish..
I can't not believe 4 refs didn't see that blatent hand ball in the dieing stages
Sheild is supose to be best in australia.... my ass
Complete rip off and a bad way to end a season..

Ted

Mariners were flat all through the first half and it wasn't until Gumps and Tommy took to the pitch things started to fire up a bit. Nothing against Owens and Kwassi but they just didnt have their game boots on.  

As to refs, the less said the better.  :redcard:

Aye, crap decision at the end proved costly. I think Aloisi had a good call for a penalty 5 minutes from the end as well.

I find it hard to congratulate the Jets when they played as poor as us. They didn't do a lot right either.

Ted

True, but they did at least hit the back of the net even if it was handed to them...

midfielder

I agree we were flat but when Tommy & Grumpy came on a different story.

Hand ball, send off Scum down to 10 for the final 30 mins.

Was not to be refs call, and we as per normal get the big calls against us.

The linne was in clear view .............simply did not have the balls to call a penatly so close to full time.

But as others have said congs to Scum, they took advantage of our mistake.

mustapha_beer

Sheeeeeeeeeeesh.......not a-bloody-gain!

Agree that it was a crap game, but then if it had gone 1-0 to us, none of us would have cared, just as I'm sure nobody in Newcastle will give a monkeys right now.

Not sure exactly what went wrong - maybe nerves got to some of our guys. Newc were certainly quicker out of the traps and had a few chances in the first half hour. Thereafter, we came into it a bit more without ever threatening Covic....couple of blocked shots inside the penalty box, and that was about it.

Haven't seen a replay of the alleged handball or the penalty shout, so can't comment too much on either. Aloisi was getting fouled all game mind you, so I wouldn't be too surprised.

Disappointing end too....Mariners players losing the plot, and Jets players going out of their way to goad them....nobody from either side came out of that with any credit.

crooksey

heck why did it have to be holland who handballed it and we dont get the call...how ironic it had to be him...in all honesty i guess we cant blame calls like that on us not winning, we played poor and created minimal chances and there will always be some penalty shouts that dont get awarded

dull game that deserved to go to extra time if we hadn't handed it to them on a platter and i cant really say any of the mariners stood out for good games, all seemed flat and wayward/cautious with passing

i could handle losing to any team EXCEPT newcastle that is just plain ouch...

Blackadder

The handball definitly wasn't missed by fox, so couldn't have been to difficult to see. That said Newcastle desrved the win, looking the better team for much of the game.

I don't know wha hurts more, the fact that the mariners played so crap in the grand final, or that they lost to newc.

Wombat

We were pretty crap in a crap game. McKinna put the wrong team out and we paid the price.

We had no quality and our work up the flanks was disgraceful.   Hutcho and Jedi tried hard but really we were 5/10 today and I give McKinna 3/10.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred