• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

"Coastie Boys" an official supporter group!

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jiggles

Agreed. If you buy GA, go sit in GA.

Its only a few bucks extra for Bay 23, but worth every cent.

J

jiggles

Ok then, if you think it's not all that good to be in the active supporter bay...why sit there?

Every club has a designated active support bay at their home ground. Its not Bluetongue/Mariners who are to blame.

Its simple.

If you want to be part of Active Support...you sit in bay 23.
If you wanna be able to sit whereever, get a cheap seat and just watch the game and don't mind a bit of banter etc around you....go sit in GA.
If you have a family, and want to be assured good seats with a good view....you sit in any of the other reserved seating.
If you don't wanna be near drunks n c**ts, you sit in a No Alcohol bay.

I just don't get how it's that hard to understand...

Honkee

poko said:
Ok then, if you think it's not all that good to be in the active supporter bay...why sit there?

Every club has a designated active support bay at their home ground. Its not Bluetongue/Mariners who are to blame.

Its simple.

If you wanna be able to sit whereever, get a cheap seat and just watch the game and don't mind a bit of banter etc around you....go sit in GA.
If you have a family, and want to be assured good seats with a good view....you sit in any of the other reserved seating.

Cant argue with logic like that.

uncleyellow

The loss of numbers is really noticeable on the tele and at the ground. Besides whatever internal shite that is going on in the supporters group, the other main reasons are ( I think and others have made similar comments at games):
You have made it too hard.... I know alot of people like this.... Are members that would normally sit and sing with the marinators, but want the freedom to move around the ground in GA... Hence GA membership. But we are now "excluded" (which is funny in itself) from supporters bay. To be excluded from a bay that needs all the help it can get is just plain stupid. You have lost alot of fringe marinators, that really helped to make up the numbers and noise.
You moved... Fox sports whatever.... that is just a stupid place for the supporters bay... Should be back in 16.. end of story. No use having it for the tele, if all they say on the tele is .. "Geez there numbers have dropped".

One final thing.... alot of people other than the supporters group actually like to sing at the football. thats why people used bay 15 and 17, and the singing would often spread out from you guys. Also umm how do I say it.... the new songs sort of suck... "Coast" and "whoah" dont really do it... obviously the people who left the ship, took the good song book with them..

Go back to Bay 16.... No exclusive marinators membership....Sing songs with words that people can follow>..... didnt we all "Follow a yellow football team" once, it may have been a bit kitch, and not very emo, but people knew it and can join in....Go back to basics.

Justify it however you want, the facts is that when brisbane roar bring a bigger supporter group then us (remember they have to get on a plane kids) the numbers in your "Group" (I say group because no one really knows if tis the marinators or not anymore) have dropped to critical. NQF have a bigger supporter group now.

Coastie boys "wtf?".... Thats really going to help the numbers (sounds like a wanna be homeboy crew), come back to reality and stay the marinators for the sake for the club and remember when you are talking inspiring large groups of people, keep it simple and clear and easy if you want participation.

And go back to bay 16, GA membership, numbers are more important than agendas.

Jimmy

poko said:

Its simple.

You didn't answer my question.
I understand the structure of seating arrangements for the stadium.

But why is it worth every cent?
Are you saying it's perfectly fine to charge the die hard fans more than GA?
If yes, then why?

uncleyellow

you were right on this part, but other than that... not so much.

uncleyellow said:
You have made it too hard.... I know alot of people like this.... Are members that would normally sit and sing with the marinators, but want the freedom to move around the ground in GA... Hence GA membership. But we are now "excluded" (which is funny in itself) from supporters bay. To be excluded from a bay that needs all the help it can get is just plain stupid. You have lost alot of fringe marinators, that really helped to make up the numbers and noise.

uncleyellow

Mate have a look around next home game.... If im "not so much" right, then the supporters bay should be steadily growing.

Just because you dont think its right, doesnt mean it aint happening brother.
Like I said, im not the only supporter who has been here from day dot, that has had similar, and much harsher comments. I like alot of us know a fair few people around bluetongue.

Smell the beans people...

Jimmy

uncleyellow said:
Mate have a look around next home game.... If im "not so much" right, then the supporters bay should be steadily growing.

Just because you dont think its right, doesnt mean it aint happening brother.
Like I said, im not the only supporter who has been here from day dot, that has had similar, and much harsher comments. I like alot of us know a fair few people around bluetongue.

Smell the beans people...

I know the bay is rubbish, like i said, I agree with you on the whole restricted bay thing. I just don't agree with your 2nd half of reasoning on why it is so.
As it has been mentioned before people want to different things, sing different songs, show their passion for the club/team in different ways. Forcing them into an oppression type state of unision isn't going to make things better.

Just curious, where do you sit/stand?
It would make a difference to the credibilty of your arguments.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred