• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

"Coastie Boys" an official supporter group!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alicia

poko said:
FFC, I am aware of this. However, there are stages that you must progress through to become a Cougar.

Definitions from Urbandictionary.com:

Phase 1: The Cougar Cub

A younger cougar or a cougar in training. A girl in her 20's who hunts her prey like the mature cougar, but without all the city miles. She will stalk her pray relentlessly until she gets the booty she needs.

Phase 2: Puma

An attractive woman in her late 20s or early 30s. She is a pre-cougar/urban cougar
or:
A woman who is not quite old enough to be a cougar, but still likes to date/mate with younger men.

Phase 3: Cougar

A 35+ year old female who is on the "hunt" for a much younger, energetic, willing-to-do-anything male. The cougar can frequently be seen in a padded bra, cleavage exposed, propped up against a swanky bar in San Francisco (or other cities)waiting, watching, calculating; gearing up to sink her claws into an innocent young and strapping buck who happens to cross her path. "Man is cougar's number one prey"

And for the real keen ones:

Phase 4: Jaguar

in the lexicon of older women seeking younger men, a jaguar is 50 and over, where the cougar is in their 40s, and the puma under 40. Jaguars tend to be financially stable and are only looking for sex from their 20 something prey.

However, does remind me of this article:

http://www.news.com.au/couriermail/story/0,,26468100-23272,00.html

I'm a puma?  huh.  awesome.

Atomic

Dont forget...

Phase 5: Sabretooth

A woman of elderly age, possibly a grandma who is too old to be a cougar but still on the hunt and able to take down younger unsuspecting male prey

serious14

Atomic said:
Dont forget...

A woman of elderly age, possibly a grandma who is too old to be a cougar but still on the hunt and able to take down younger unsuspecting male prey

Speaking from experience??  :p

Arabmariner

Atomic said:
Dont forget...

That's scary.

We could find them in amongst the COF since most of us will be younger (a bit)...... :eek:

Atomic

The Sabretooth's motto: "You're only as young as the man you're feeling".

Yes Arab, be afraid... Be VERY afraid!

Arabmariner

Arabmariner said:
pjennings said:
Arabmariner said:
kevrenor said:
Arabmariner said:
Jazzie said:
Arabmariner said:
kevrenor said:
Arabmariner said:
Might start up a bay 7 breakaway group..............Coastie old farts or something  ;D
:thumbup: I'm in ... row S
There we go........2 members already !!

Row H............all we need is to do is recruit those between us and we'll be a bigger group than 'them'  ;)

I'll get the pamphlet's done.

3 members ......
Membership of the COF has tripled in under 24 hrs..............

.. Pete's in for COUGH .. er COF (damn wheezy lungs) ... 
;D

I'm a coastie and an old fart - but I sit in Bay 6. Can I still join?

BTW - those pamphlets should be 14pt at least!!  ;)
Two bays..........we're bigger than 'them' already !

If you're over 45 and bring your reading specs yer in  ;)
;)

No caper lad.........experienced hools in this group y'know....... ;D

FFC Mariner

Those CoF members who made the long march back to the (alleged) drug bus after beating the scum Boxing Day 2008 probably set the benchmark.

Chant of the year from Sacko. "We're gonna get killed in a minute" as another chorus of "you're seasons over" was started in the alleyway.

The silent scum just slunk on back to their caravan parks. Was a strange experience indeed.

PS - Sabre Tooths dont have teeth anymore. A definite plus I think.

serious14

Fark ya's all - I'm starting the CEP's (Coastie Ex-Pats). Proud membership of two!!!  :p

IraqGoals is our home, "f*ck this early morning rubbish" is our motto.  ;)

J

jiggles

Alicia, yes, Puma. But, attractive ;)

And, better than being a Rhino.

Nik Mrdjas Disco Bikkie

Yellowbeard said:
Couldn't be more wrong.  :soapbox:
In season 1 and 2 we had a small, tight knit group of mates who loved supporting their team, having a drink together, singing and having a laugh.
Then the do-gooders came along, loved the atmoshpere we created and tried to change it to suit their personal morals. A good portion of the guys that made the great atmosphere got the shits with the new way the group was run and f**ked off, leaving a quiet bunch of boring people standing round wondering what happened (the guys and gals from V1 still in bay 23 excluded)
Great post, I know at least a dozen people (myself included) that left for this reason. And Dibo season 3 was dreadful support compared to season 1

dibo

I know replying with "LOL you're wrong" is pretty poor form, but I was tempted... I've posted enough in this thread so I'll keep it brief. We were pretty tight in season 1, but to be fair there were about 30 of us actually singing. We were bigger in the ACL than in season 1, and louder too when we weren't too busy ragging on our own team.

We were much bigger in season 3, and even at the start of last year. I've no idea what happened between the start and end of last season, but something went toxic and we shed numbers which would be multiples of what we apparently lost after season 1.

And nothing at all compares to the size of our support at the home semi where we beat Newcastle 3-0. Our Grand Final '06 contingent was maybe a quarter of the size.

I don't exactly know what there is to be nostalgic about in season 1 aside from the fact that we made a start. There's certainly nothing much I miss about it, and the support that the Coastie Boys group is producing now is vocally probably at least the equal of anything we did that year and the 'sophistication' (read: the extent to which 'support nerds' can have a circle jerk about it afterwards) is miles above anything before now. For sheer loudness they've got ground to make up on the peak of the Marinators though.

Hagar the Horrible

dibo said:
We were much bigger in season 3, and even at the start of last year. I've no idea what happened between the start and end of last season, but something went toxic and we shed numbers which would be multiples of what we apparently lost after season 1.
I blame the djebella incident.

finally retired

sumo said:
Atomic said:
I'm already thinking about starting my own splinter group... Coastie Fat Blokes. We may not have the numbers of the Old farts but we have the kg's!
Haha, count me in!
Woohoooo....I can join all of these....I qualify as an Old Fat Ex-pat Fart.....but not very good at singing....and with my accent, no one can understand me anyway.

Sean

So the problem of "Bay prices" and security doing their job and checking every ticket is still effecting our active supporter numbers...

Jimmy

Sean said:
So the problem of "Bay prices" and security doing their job and checking every ticket is still effecting our active supporter numbers...

Clipboard....

FFC Mariner

Sean said:

No, trying to get in on the cheap and then expecting the right to go where they want in the ground was the issue.

The club had instructed BT to be rigid on tickets and they were simply applying the rules.

Buying GA and then deciding to go into a reserved area wouldnt work anywhere else in the ground, why should it be the case in Bay 23?

I cant see where the ground/club are wrong in this TBH.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred