• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Coast Football Ramble Podcast

Wombat

We're talking to Matt Nash at 5-30 if you have any questions, get them in before 5-25.

Central+Coast+Mariners+Headshots+Session+g3mrMygLhuUl.jpg

How did you get the job with so little first team experience?
Is it a Sven Erikkson type scenario?

Fishsdad

Paolo will be on today's show, if you have any questions get them in and we'll try to ask them.

Obviously Paulo cannot provide details, but is it possible to ask about retention plans? I'd love to be re-assured that negotiations are well under way with the players who we want to retain. Are there any announcements imminent?

To me this is key. Paulo inherited (arguably) a roster that would have been seen as the weakest in the league, and has done wonders with it. Several of our players have shone, and I for one would be comforted knowing that all efforts are being made to keep these chaps as Mariners...

Forum Phoenix

Great episode. Think you guys are going from strength to strength.

On the anthem... I like it for us and think you're right that we obviously need to get behind it regardless. I would have been joining in but in bay 4 (and there's a fair few here who will) but honestly had no idea it was even being sung. Not by you guys or over the PA system.

You know YNWA is coming by the stand up with your scarf. It also compels people to join in I think, like standing for anthems, hand on heart, kind of thing. Are you guys doing a similar thing already?

Just to clarify, should I be hearing it during the walk on? But that's where they're playing bloody thunderstruck? And it's being played earlier? Later? When is the bay singing it?

The tradition derives from battle songs for marching, forming ranks or shield walls. No point playing it mid battle or worse while the troops are doing their morning poo and still pulling their breeches on.

Timing matters. It should fire up the players and fans alike, not be background music while Taveres gets his ankle strapped and storm finishes taking a dump.

A visual cue would possibly help the rest of us - as an example the wave to the east and western sides respectively that the bay does before the who do we sing for call and response works a treat. (Not saying I want a wave here) but would be good to at least know it's happening until we have a decent PA system and its coordinated in with active support properly - which is obviously a must.

Stadium desperately needs a new PA system. Fingers crossed they give the Mariners a chance to sort out this stuff soon in the form of a new stadium arrangement. We have one of the most valuable and coveted sports products in Australia in having a HAL side there - but be it stadium management or council support - whoever is responsible, they are certainly not servicing it anywhere near its optimal level.
And there is no bigger or more regular event on the coast than the mariners.

Last edited:

nebakke

Just to clarify, should I be hearing it during the walk on? But that's where they're playing bloody thunderstruck? And it's being played earlier? Later? When is the bay singing it?

BUSTED! They haven't played "Thunderstruck" since 14/15 - have you been pretending to go? are you the reason for the low attendances?
Or - arguably more likely - is the PA so shit you can't hear anything? ;-)

Wombat

Great episode. Think you guys are going from strength to strength.

On the anthem... I like it for us and think you're right that we obviously need to get behind it regardless. I would have been joining in but in bay 4 (and there's a fair few here who will) but honestly had no idea it was even being sung. Not by you guys or over the PA system.

You know YNWA is coming by the stand up with your scarf. It also compels people to join in I think, like standing for anthems, hand on heart, kind of thing. Are you guys doing a similar thing already?

The tradition derives from battle songs for marching, forming ranks or shield walls. No point playing it mid battle or worse while the troops are doing their morning poo and still pulling their breeches on.

Timing matters. It should fire up the players and fans alike, not be background music while Taveres gets his ankle strapped and storm finishes taking a dump.

A visual cue would possibly help the rest of us - as an example the wave to the east and western sides respectively that the bay does before the who do we sing for call and response works a treat. (Not saying I want a wave here) but would be good to at least know it's happening until we have a decent PA system and its coordinated in with active support properly - which is obviously a must.

Stadium desperately needs a new PA system. Fingers crossed they give the Mariners a chance to sort out this stuff soon in the form of a new stadium arrangement. We have one of the most valuable and coveted sports products in Australia in having a HAL side there - but be it stadium management or council support - whoever is responsible, they are certainly not servicing it anywhere near its optimal level.
And there is no bigger or more regular event on the coast than the mariners.

Too many poo references for my liking

Coast Football Ramble

This week, we talk to the skipper Nick Montgomery.
Look back at the trivia night.
Discuss our players who are coming out of contract.
Reviews, previews and much more.

Reactions: adz

Yoda

We never take anything he says seriously.
Yep, after tonight's Melbourne Derby, Morrow is officially on the "don't take anything he says seriously" list, and the words "football genius" shall never be mentioned in the same sentence as Morrow ever again. dot dot dot dot

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Julihrb