• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Coast Football Ramble Podcast

Coast Football Ramble

16179197_1673241649641966_8541467775952677621_o.jpg

adz

Staff member
I like how it says there are "three pundits" and four people in the photo.
Who is not a "pundit"?

pjennings

Apologies for not posting the link, I was late and forgot :unsure:

Regarding the players, I'll try to remember to bring it up again on the next pod and try to round up the subject.

Thanks for all the responses you've put here, I'm glad we have some listeners and we have instigated some discussion. :)

Regards
Jimmy.

Hi Jimmy

If the people involved have changed their Facebook settings is it really worth re-hashing it. Will it help the club or the players concerned or is it just 'because we want to know'.

People losing their jobs, even in professional sport, is never a nice thing and it affects not only the player but also those close to them. Maybe it would be best for the all concerned if the matter is handled away from prying eyes. If the club has done anything wrong there are avenues the players can take, if they haven't and they or their friends felt aggrieved it is also a very human response.

Big Al

Hi Jimmy

If the people involved have changed their Facebook settings is it really worth re-hashing it. Will it help the club or the players concerned or is it just 'because we want to know'.

People losing their jobs, even in professional sport, is never a nice thing and it affects not only the player but also those close to them. Maybe it would be best for the all concerned if the matter is handled away from prying eyes. If the club has done anything wrong there are avenues the players can take, if they haven't and they or their friends felt aggrieved it is also a very human response.
I'd like it rounded out, doesn't mean it's nasty or nice would just be interesting to hear the rest of the discussion.

pjennings

I'd like it rounded out, doesn't mean it's nasty or nice would just be interesting to hear the rest of the discussion.

I just wonder whether this is something that as a fan we need to be kept up to date with. Case in point was Posco and his illness. As a fan I think I have an expectation to be kept up to date on injuries. However, that expectation does not extend to illnesses. If Posco chooses to share it fine - otherwise it is none of my business. That is not to say that I don't have a curiosity to hear the rest of the discussion, which I do, just that I'm not sure since the protagonists have tried to invoke their privacy, that it is appropriate to continue.

At the end of the day it is the podcast boys that will make the decision - I just thought I might play devil's advocate and raise the alternate view.

FFC Mariner

I'd suggest that the boys called it correctly. Repeating unsubstantiated Facebook posts on a public podcast may not be the smartest thing to do.

Big Al

Looks to be doing a very good job, boys look good.

Who decides what A League players will play for the youth and when is that decided? Do they then get time to train with the youth or is it a simple try an fit in on the day as we play a similar style to the seniors?

What's the boys interaction like with the seniors and do they get the shits when they are left out for a senior player?

What about Peterson, not getting A League or youth game time. Is Training with the seniors better than playing youth? Is this best for his development or are there other factors like injury we don't know about

Does he try and poach players from other teams with interests of the first team in mind that a player may get a better opportunity to play seniors here than say SFC.

How do they keep an eye out for the talent on the other side of the country that we don't get to play against because of the conference system, or do we let other clubs development them and look at them later? Does he get video of the other conference games? E.g. Do team from other conferences swap tapes etc

Luca Brasi

If you had the choice, which 2 A League players would you have picked to start last Saturday who could have made a bigger impact?
I understand a lot of the current NYL squad will not be eligible for NPL next season due to age. Who are some of the new players coming through?

Wombat

Ben,
Were you a defender at the yids?
We really need someone to teach the back 4 the absolute basics.
Can you help??

pjennings

An interesting Italian target - one time youth starlet that seemed to get lost in England and is now a journeyman in the lower leagues of Italy. Still at a decent age. Could be a real dud - could be a good pick up

pjennings

They didn't say but from the hints I get Arturo Lupoli. 22 goals in 45 games at Parma youth then to the Arsenal Academy alongside Bendtner who he outscored. Bendtner kicked on - he didn't. Played with Derby for a while then a lot of lower League in England and Italy - many as loan moves (probably looking for game time). He looks a natural goalscorer from the little video I can see and still only 29 - but has been at a lot of clubs for only 29. Then again Roy was a bit of a wanderer and has only played more games for his first team Cork City.

Beware!! This is just my guess from the hints - I could be way off the mark.

Big Al

Mauk was other way, left city in January 2016 to go to Adelaide as swap for Malik.

He was awesome for AU then signed 3 year deal with NEC with interest from other clubs. A fee was paid to AU.

Be stang if didn't go back to AU though if coming home as still follows the players on Twitter and they need him.

If we pulled that off would be great.

As for a striker winger could cover both Fab or Roy possibly leaving next year, but first thought was a strange target

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred