• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Coast Football Ramble Podcast

Forum Phoenix

That's a terrific idea.

You can't expect the club to endorse the whole podcast, or the boys to self censor, but you could have edits, bring the boys some well deserved listeners hopefully, and that Sean talk needs to be HEARD by as many members as possible.

Time for us to come together and start believing in the vision again. And this talk could go a long way to helping.

I think each week having the podcasts chat section with whichever player or CCM official etc going out in the newsletter is a great idea. Perhaps there's some shitty FFA limitation on this I'm not aware of though?

Timmah

The essence of the idea is great but I doubt either side wants to endorse the other. Both lose their indepedence the moment they do so - moreso the podcast than the club. And the club can't (and won't) control content either.

The status quo is good but by god I'd love for more ears to hear what is said on there.

Forum Phoenix

Was just thinking the chat bits with CCM reps (players/shaun etc) who, as they should be, have all been very aware of being club ambassadors and far from putting a foot wrong have been excellent and their voices being heard by members would have real benefit. The club wouldn't have anything to hide by having those interview segments shared I would have thought and the guys have seemed very respectful and professional in their approach when it comes to the chats with CCM (rest of it is a f**king shambles of course :innocent:)

. Surely that doesn't effect the independence, the Podcast gets a needed and deserved boost, and the club has another means to get it's message across and connect?

Last edited:

Atomic

Shaun*
We don't want this to turn into another Lawrie/Laurie
729Laurie-Lawrence---June-2-420x0.jpg

Coast Football Ramble

That's a terrific idea.

You can't expect the club to endorse the whole podcast, or the boys to self censor, but you could have edits, bring the boys some well deserved listeners hopefully, and that Sean talk needs to be HEARD by as many members as possible.

Time for us to come together and start believing in the vision again. And this talk could go a long way to helping.

I think each week having the podcasts chat section with whichever player or CCM official etc going out in the newsletter is a great idea. Perhaps there's some shitty FFA limitation on this I'm not aware of though?

We have split up a part of the podcast in the past where Tyson has joined us and video recorded Shaun.
I'm going to upload the Shaun talk/interview as stand alone content so that the club can more readily share it.

We have had some criticisms in the past (even last week) that we are club controlled. This is not and never will be the case.
I don't mind sharing some content with the wider CCM community via the official channels if it get's us more listens on the bigger show.

I wont be taking out friendly segments every week, but I think this last weeks episode is a special case.

Phil aka Jimmy.
PS. has anyone noticed I introduce myself different every week?

Coast Football Ramble

Shaun interview.
Out take of our episode 11 podcast where we talk to Shaun about moving games to Canberra.
An in depth look into the reasoning behind moving home games to the nations capital.
This is a must listen to for fans that want to know more about the home games in Canberra and sustainability for the club.

Lawrie interview.
Out take from out episode 11 podcast.
We talk to Lawrie Mckinna about the F3 Derby.

Reactions: adz

Big Al

We have split up a part of the podcast in the past where Tyson has joined us and video recorded Shaun.
I'm going to upload the Shaun talk/interview as stand alone content so that the club can more readily share it.

We have had some criticisms in the past (even last week) that we are club controlled. This is not and never will be the case.
I don't mind sharing some content with the wider CCM community via the official channels if it get's us more listens on the bigger show.

I wont be taking out friendly segments every week, but I think this last weeks episode is a special case.

Phil aka Jimmy.
PS. has anyone noticed I introduce myself different every week?
Yeah it was a special piece with a lot of detail and quiet frankly maybe to deep for a few, but the more that hear it the better. It will also be effective as a reference point. Anyone showing an ignorant view can be referred to it.

It's also no different to any article written quoting players employees etc. the club could simply state this interview came from the podcast and any fans looking for more content or discussion might like to give it a try.

The club by giving interviews is endorsing the program already as they deem it an except able form of media to put employees on. If they didn't think that they would refuse any requests. So special pieces should be shared. Not just any old piece each week,then people won't need the podcast

I really enjoy the segments with club employees and find it very interesting.

There is no way there is a feeling of club control but being a small club I see respect and a natural feel of people knowing each other and getting along. The only thing that's shouts that is location being at the CoE.

The relationship between club and podcast makes sense and a more enjoyable podcast.

Keep it up

bikinigirl

snip ...

The club by giving interviews is endorsing the program already as they deem it an except able form of media to put employees on. If they didn't think that they would refuse any requests. So special pieces should be shared. Not just any old piece each week,then people won't need the podcast

... snip

. i can't decide if this is a good thing or not

Big Al

What's the pecking order between Pearce and THB and when will they be ready to be full time backups for the senior team.
How much time does he spend on Pearce and THB or does someone else do that?

Izzo seems to be talking/yelling/high pitched screaming what ever you want to call it a lot more this year. Is that matts doing or Pauls

Is it his job to look for the next young keeper after Pearce and THB or does that go to Paul or NYL coach

dibo

Who is our new keeper and what have you done with Paul Izzo?

But seriously, top work - he looks in fine form, he's stepped up his game massively and it's a credit to both the coaching and the player himself.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Julihrb