• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Coast Football Ramble Podcast

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

I think the motivation for us to pod is at an all time low. It'll just be us saying the same stuff we already have in previous ones.
Mate, honestly, every time you guys do a new episode I'm amazed and impressed that you guys have bothered. Everybody who listens appreciate the fact that you guys have been putting in the work given the years of negativity - and I know podcasts take a lot more work than is apparent by listening to it.

Whether you guys keep up the weekly efforts all season, whether you decide it's just not worth it every week, whether you skip a week here and there or just do a short episode, whatever you guys do - thanks for the countless hours you've all put in so far. I'm sure there's questions you would all love to have answered but probably can't get the people on that need to answer the questions anymore.

I don't just listen because it's CCM - there's a lot of podcasts out there on good topics that I'm really interested in, with good content but I had to stop because of shithouse presentations - and thank god you don't do what everybody else does and spend the first 15 minutes talking about what you had for breakfast, what you grandmother wore to the bistro, or the size of the shit you did the night before - sick of idiot podcasters that crap on irrelevantly for the first 10-15min. You guys manage a really good balance of the content, the insight and the shit talking, and you're entertaining.

Josho Howe

Mate, honestly, every time you guys do a new episode I'm amazed and impressed that you guys have bothered. Everybody who listens appreciate the fact that you guys have been putting in the work given the years of negativity - and I know podcasts take a lot more work than is apparent by listening to it.

Whether you guys keep up the weekly efforts all season, whether you decide it's just not worth it every week, whether you skip a week here and there or just do a short episode, whatever you guys do - thanks for the countless hours you've all put in so far. I'm sure there's questions you would all love to have answered but probably can't get the people on that need to answer the questions anymore.

I don't just listen because it's CCM - there's a lot of podcasts out there on good topics that I'm really interested in, with good content but I had to stop because of shithouse presentations - and thank god you don't do what everybody else does and spend the first 15 minutes talking about what you had for breakfast, what you grandmother wore to the bistro, or the size of the shit you did the night before - sick of idiot podcasters that crap on irrelevantly for the first 10-15min. You guys manage a really good balance of the content, the insight and the shit talking, and you're entertaining.

Appreciate the kind words. We've done a podcast for 4 years now. 1 as YA Pod and now 3 as CFR. In that time, l have gained great friends and l wouldn't swap that for anything. We share a common passion for this club but the motivation is just not there for me anymore. I think we all love to do the podcasts, we wouldn't upload every other week in the season if we didn't.

You're right, the set up for us is Jimmy bringing all the gear and it taking about 10-15 minutes to sort everything out, we put all our topics on a screen to chat about and go from there. We wing it a majority of the time. We record at the COE, as l live in Green Point, that's a 30 minute drive there and back using my petrol. I interned at the club for no pay for 3 months, l have spent thousands on away days. I have given a lot to the club, and l might be selfish in saying, but the return has been nowhere near what l feel l have put out. But that's the life of a diehard. No one forced me to spend my money following the team. I just do it coz l wanted to.

It's a massive love/hate relationship right now which every fan will be feeling right now.

FFC Mariner

Appreciate the kind words. We've done a podcast for 4 years now. 1 as YA Pod and now 3 as CFR. In that time, l have gained great friends and l wouldn't swap that for anything. We share a common passion for this club but the motivation is just not there for me anymore. I think we all love to do the podcasts, we wouldn't upload every other week in the season if we didn't.

You're right, the set up for us is Jimmy bringing all the gear and it taking about 10-15 minutes to sort everything out, we put all our topics on a screen to chat about and go from there. We wing it a majority of the time. We record at the COE, as l live in Green Point, that's a 30 minute drive there and back using my petrol. I interned at the club for no pay for 3 months, l have spent thousands on away days. I have given a lot to the club, and l might be selfish in saying, but the return has been nowhere near what l feel l have put out. But that's the life of a diehard. No one forced me to spend my money following the team. I just do it coz l wanted to.

It's a massive love/hate relationship right now which every fan will be feeling right now.
See you at Sydney away then mate?

Coastalraider

I’ve got the utmost respect for the gents in the pod, I haven’t missed one in a couple of years.

It must be so bloody hard to motivate yourselves to get these done, but I thank you for it, it’s almost like we get to vent with you when we listen. There are a lot of fans who feel as tired and helpless as you boys do, so it’s actually reassuring to listen in and share the emotions.

I left last nights game at half time, so I could take my kids to see the fireworks. In past years, I would have stayed and changed seats, but I was so bloody tired of this mess I just left. Kudos to you all for sticking it out.

Marquee

Massive thanks to all those involved in the podcast. I know it must be hard to continue to put in the effort when the club doesn't appear to reciprocate.

I'm sure others will agree that it's such a crucial time to continue the podcast. Your ability to make people aware of the issues within the club and hold people accountable for them should not be forgotten. Sunlight is the best disinfectant as they say.

Please let us know how we can offer support. Whether that is sponsorship, buying merch or setting something up like https://www.patreon.com/. I'm not Coast based unfortunately, otherwise would offer for tomorrow.

Ancient Mariner

Massive thanks to all those involved in the podcast. I know it must be hard to continue to put in the effort when the club doesn't appear to reciprocate.

I'm sure others will agree that it's such a crucial time to continue the podcast. Your ability to make people aware of the issues within the club and hold people accountable for them should not be forgotten. Sunlight is the best disinfectant as they say.

Please let us know how we can offer support. Whether that is sponsorship, buying merch or setting something up like https://www.patreon.com/. I'm not Coast based unfortunately, otherwise would offer for tomorrow.

This. :goodpost:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred