• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Coast Football Ramble Podcast

shipwreck

Actually looking forward to this one if it happens, negative or not people need to vent, eases the pain.

Rowdy

We need a support group :grouphug:

....... but only after each of us have completed a 28day rehabilitation program.

Last edited:

Rowdy

"Hi everyone, , my name is Roddy & I'm an addict"

Welcome Roddy

"I'm addicted to following what's become a drug-fcuked Football team. Its coming up to being a 15year habit .... but here's the thing,
they need more help than I do ! "

"I know I'm in a toxic relationship, BUT one of us has gotta change"

Last edited:

MagpieMariner

"Hi everyone, , my name is Roddy & I'm an addict"

Welcome Roddy

"I'm addicted to following what's become a drug-fcuked Football team. Its coming up to being a 15year habit .... but here's the thing,
they need more help than I do ! "

"It's know I'm in a toxic relationship, BUT one of us has gotta change"
Misspelled it mate, idiot is not spelled a-d-d-i-c-t. :p

Holy

Well done guys. It's a tough call bringing up the elephant in the room, but I'm glad you did. Shaun's response on the forum was disappointing to say the least.

Erin nails it when he said "Don't we need to understand how it is we are going to move on from this disaster."
Yes, I think we do and this is want I want to hear from Shaun.

All the best for Christmas, I hope there is something for us to cheer about in the next 2 homes games.

Look forward to listening to your next edition

Ancient Mariner

Great stuff guys. Very accurate.
I am glad you called out the bullshit on the COE and developing youth.

Calling the whole set up as an abusive relationship sums up the situation exactly. The fans love the Club and are being abused.

Gem of a comment by Jimmy, "We expect nothing but still get disappointed".

Hang in there guys, you, this forum and the loyal fans are all we have to cling to at the moment.

Luke

Hi all,

I haven't posted on here for ages but I thought I would drop in.

There's not really a whole lot left to say I don't think. This podcast gets harder to do every week with where we are at and it's impossible to find a positive at the moment. I hate being negative every week but hopefully we have shared some thoughts that other fans can connect with.

I genuinely fear for the future if things stay the way they are. If things don't improve why should we be kept around? Like many of you this club has been a huge part of my life. I was 11 when this ride started and most of my closest friends I have all met through going to games. The ridiculous amounts of money and time spent supporting the club feels like it is being shoved back in my face at the moment.

I think we have been pretty fair and patient on the podcast over the last few years but that time is up (it probably was a while ago, eh?). I won't sit here quietly while we rot away and if that happens we will probably never see a professional sporting team on the Central Coast again....and I don't give a toss about other sports so it's football club or bust for me.

A huge thanks for the kind words about the podcast and thanks to those that tune into our dribble every week. Have a great Christmas and if sweet baby Jesus is real he will feel sorry for us and grant us 3 points for Christmas against the scum.

Josho Howe

I echo Boyce's sentiments exactly.

We talked enough about the negatives, the positives are that people listen and care about the podcast and have made it part of their weekly listening habits. We honestly really appreciate the people who listen every week and we appreciate people who listened once and thought it wasn't for them.

We're not in this to become famous or to be well known, hell, l hate listening back to the pods coz l hate listening to myself. We do this as a free service to talk about the club who we all love but that love has been very tested over the last few years.

I hope to God we can somehow turn this all around and be positive again, but who knows what the future holds.

Antlion

I think we have been pretty fair and patient on the podcast over the last few years but that time is up (it probably was a while ago, eh?). I won't sit here quietly while we rot away
I was thinking about this very point recently. In waht other club would the fans take what we have on the chin for 5 years without revolt? I genuinely can't think of one, and definitely not for 5 years.
We took it a bit longer, I think, for 2 reasons.
1. We had our fair share of success and some low seasons following are a likely scenario in a capped league - so we absorbed the first few poor years as part of the reality, especially as we had punched above our weight for so long.
2. We fans also were aware that we were backed into a corner financially and were prepared to bite the bullet for a rebuild. We were promised a 2 YEAR turn around on that.
When at the end of 5 years of it we are THE ABSOLUTELY WORST TEAM WE OR ANY OTHER TEAM HAVE EVER BEEN, well...
A fan revolt is now long overdue and totally warranted and justified.

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

With the comments about a fan revolt...what can be done though?
One thing that's hurting.....on reddit etc people are starting to refer to CCM as consistently bad.
That's now true. We used to be one of the most successful clubs in the league. Our success was so long ago that we are no longer up near the top. We don't even get to lay claim to a particularly strong history anymore. It's middle of the road.
And we've been pathetic for half a decade.
We are consistently bad. We're the joke of the league, and we don't look like coming good this season - and I can't imagine that changing for next season either.

Josho Howe

I think the motivation for us to pod is at an all time low. It'll just be us saying the same stuff we already have in previous ones.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred