• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Coast Football Ramble Podcast

Wombat

Bush or Hydro?
Only joking..............no just thinking back to my Youth in England....dem Jamaican boys do like a Chalice!!:cool:
I've shared a spliff with a couple of Rasta's on the tube and no one was really bothered....imagine my surprise when i moved to Sydney and you couldn't even smoke a cigarette on the bus!!

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

Thanks for your work as always.
Just musing on something Shaun said. He said that all of our jersey sponsor spots have already been sold. Now, I'm sure Shaun and the team have worked really hard at that so credit to them, but if we're hitting that, then where is the money NOT coming from? Why are we still so broke? Is the other main source of income usually advertising at the ground and that's what we're not hitting? Are we underselling our jersey spots?

bikinigirl

Just musing on something Shaun said. He said that all of our jersey sponsor spots have already been sold. Now, I'm sure Shaun and the team have worked really hard at that so credit to them, but if we're hitting that, then where is the money NOT coming from? Why are we still so broke? Is the other main source of income usually advertising at the ground and that's what we're not hitting? Are we underselling our jersey spots?

. i am assuming the market sets the price (to some extent) - i.e. some money is better than none

. it would be interesting to know whether there are any Bolt related provisions in any of these deals

Shaun Mielekamp

Yes we still have big gaps in signage and non-kit sponsors. Gates and membership are the next biggest revenue generators for the club.

Tevor

The cost of this ccf select match must be high. Is there sponsors for this alone to alleviate the cost?
Not sure I agree, Foxtel want the game and have probably funded it as well. The select team would be playing for the opportunity alone. Could actually be a nice little earner. Fox are no doubt looking at Bolt as a possible lift to ratings and this trial might be a good test on his pulling power. Say they get 50k to $100k viewers that’s more than some HAL games. I have no doubt at all he will make a cameo, too much money spent for it not to happen and not our money so not MM decision alone.

JoyfulPenguin

Not sure I agree, Foxtel want the game and have probably funded it as well. The select team would be playing for the opportunity alone. Could actually be a nice little earner. Fox are no doubt looking at Bolt as a possible lift to ratings and this trial might be a good test on his pulling power. Say they get 50k to $100k viewers that’s more than some HAL games. I have no doubt at all he will make a cameo, too much money spent for it not to happen and not our money so not MM decision alone.
I don't think Fox have to spend anything, apart from maybe assisting with the ground hire but I doubt that, they already have the rights to all pre-season games for A-League clubs that's why you don't see club's live streaming them anymore.

Coast Football Ramble

An update for listeners on Jimmy becoming a father.

Welcome to the world Thomas Mitchell James.
Born: 1:56pm 28th August 2018.
3070 grams, 6.78 pounds, 52.5 cm height.
Both mum and bub are healthy.

40449667_683283025403928_8026032886710796288_n.jpg

Attachments

• received_683282982070599.jpeg
    received_683282982070599.jpeg
    441.8 KB · Views: 0

bikinigirl

. i was gonna share the congratulations until i saw what the poor little fella was wrapped in. his first post on the forum and he already looks like a euro-snob

. congratulations anyway :)

Josho Howe

Hey everyone, the pod lads are looking to record a new ep on Tuesday night. Dan Mcfarlane from CCU is a lock for a chat with us, we may also get Shaun on and maybe a CCM player as well. We might look at doing a longer episode to chat about everything like the pre-season games and the big signings. If you have any questions for us, give em to us.

Forum Phoenix

Thanks Josh.

I’d love if you guys could source some official word (or goss) from the coaching staff on formations now McCormack has joined the fold. And discuss.

Based on our squad what formations do you think best suit and do you think the 442 murmurings - that would put a spring back in wombats step- seem likely?

I’ve really liked what Ive seen of Weemac playing centrally. The football intelligence of him in front of Tommy and O’Neil feeding McCormack seems pretty potent. Is Matty an essential starter now or do you see him coming off then bench, like he did with Sydney. My gut says I’d like to see him in our starting 11.

Thanks,
Looking forward to the pod.

Best
FP

Big Al

Recording the pod this evening. Any more questions, feel free to ask and we'll address it. Could be a long pod tonight to catch up on everything.
How long have the Tommy Oar and McCormack deals been in the works. Did we get lucky because we had space or were they in the works when we thought the squad was weak?

The numbers on the back of the home shirts are unreadable. Thoughts

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred