• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Coast Football Ramble Podcast

Rowdy

Although I have to disagree at whoever it was that said Bosnich would hate to see us fold - the coke snorter has already said that we shouldn't be in the competition. He hates CCM more than most Jets fans - us folding would make his day!!

T'was me, and I agree your right
- but it must be considered that Bozza ALWAYS makes that statement about 'CCM shouldn't be in the A-League' as a robotic response whenever the conversation drifts towards the topic of promotion/relegation .. which in effect turns him from the Bozza to the 'Bozo'.

He has a multitude of 'reportoire's', football analogies and 'sayings' that he constantly speels out for the pure purpose of grand standing, some of them are intelligently insightful.
- Our being booted IF it were P&R being just one of them.

If you walked up to him in the street and asked him did he think that a club that has competed in 4 Grand Finals, winning x1 of them & x2 Premierships in 13 Seasons was worthy of holding a place in the A-League ???
- I think you'd get a completely different response from him
.... hypocritical for sure
- but he'd use his 'words' to justify your valid point.

I wonder how other clubs compare with investment from the owner, and the return on investment that owner has?
An even more valid point !
- it will surely be remembered that the Jets have more Spoons than us?
..... nah just make the Finals the following year and 'all's forgotten' hey !?!? ;):rolleyes:

Timmah

Have listened to most of it (over 3 x 30 minute commutes thus far) - plenty of good chat across the board. Poor Erin with the voty rubbish :vhappy:

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
other clubs use "creative accounting" to make sure they stay under the cap
we use "creative accounting" to spend the floor....sounds about right

Last edited:

Wombat

Thank you.

Good podcast. I listened to it all while putting up a shed.......................just a tip for all peeps.........................NEVER buy and Absco shed. I thought Aussie made would be good..................what an absolute piece of shit. Some Hillbilly in the Dandenongs is still pissing himself at the instructions........" I dont f**king know Dazza....let em work it out for emselfs mate....i dont get it"

BTW who was the 4th voice of reason was it Fred or Rowdy?? Whoever he was, he very good buffer.

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

Interesting point about whether kicking the flag pole into the crowd would warrant a red card. It wouldn't be entirely unjustified - and do it at James Brown oval on a Saturday afternoon to the spectators 2 yards off the touch line and you probably won't expect to stay on the pitch.

Worth pointing out that some referees would argue that vandalising field equipment like this warrants a red card, even if others aren't endangered. Others would say that 'violent conduct' can't be against an object - but given that object has flown towards people, it could now be justified.

Aside from that, probably the best show of the year. With I think a fairly realistic appraisal of next season.
Also, on the topic of destructive goal celebrations:

Last edited:

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
T'was me, and I agree your right

If you walked up to him in the street and asked him did he think that a club that has competed in 4 Grand Finals, winning x1 of them & x2 Premierships in 13 Seasons was worthy of holding a place in the A-League ???
- I think you'd get a completely different response from him
.... hypocritical for sure
- but he'd use his 'words' to justify your valid point.
Speaking of Bozo...him and Serious had a dead set ball tearer of a twitter argument the other week, its was worth signing up to twitter just to read it

Big Al

@Shaun Mielekamp
@Coast Football Ramble
Former FFA board member and 74 Socceroo Jack Reilly talks FFA and other issues to santo.
Well worth a listen if you haven’t already, talks about the state of the game and an insight into FFA and there failings
Not very complimentary of FFA.

9.50mins no report to the FFA board about the world cup bid. He had no idea about the video
14mins he put a submission to FFA to review the 11yrs of A League before the Chairman left. Didn’t happen. No Accountability
15min The FFA have set the agenda for the A League. Have they monitored that. Never.
16.40min from 1982 written by Frank Lowy as City Sydney president issued a stern warning to the clubs in the PSL. The phillips League is under the control of the soccer federation, the league has very little say in whats is happening (instead of changing it 30yrs later he is using it to his advantage - my words)
24mins talks about him settling up Calton and demanding experienced players and the best 16,17 & 18yrs in the country and they must play (the old Mariners way. Experienced and youth.) he brought through Bresciano Grella Collisomo because he demanded they play.
33mins nice crack at stephen lowy

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred