• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Coast Football Ramble Podcast

Gratis

At the beginning of the season I made the comment that our squad should challenge and be exciting, but that we had such little depth that it would cost us games through suspensions/injuries etc. That's what is happening.
First third of the season we were bringing it all together culminating in beating Syd and Well 4-1. Then injuries/suspensions/olyroos since...

With more depth we'd be winning more games in this the middle third of the season and challenging for finals in the final third. Instead we are severely depleted and suffering. Truth is we can't seem to even cover just losing Tommy H.
Unfortunately, without a little luck from here, it seems our chances of finals are sliding.

It's a two-pronged problem. Paolo hasn't had the money or squad space - until a few of the less useful players contracts run out and we can improve recruitment for depth.

Paolo has shown he can coach and with a little better quality in the front third and in depth we'd be doing fine.

JoyfulPenguin

Any other club given the chances we've had would have scored more goals. That's the players fault not Paolo. He can't put the ball in the net for them. Hes delivered a system of play that gives them the opportunity to win games. They are not executing it in the front third through lack of confidence, technique and ability. That's the fault of us not having 2 players outside the cap and being able to spend the difference in the cap. We're already over 300k below the spend of the full cap let alone taking 2 players out of the cap. It's a massive disadvantage.
But none of that is going to change, from what Shaun has said he isn't going to be
able to spend the full cap for a long time. Paolo will never change his style but if don't have the resources to successfully implement that then what's the point of playing good football but not winning?

Big Al

Agree with everyone great listening.
Well done in just letting him talk.

I’d love to have an off the record chat and know what he really thinks of a few things.

The subs was very interesting and sports science is really an integral part of sport now although the eye test still says Appiah is buggered at 60mins.

He sticks up for Appiah to when everyone is going your mad and i get that he gets half the job done but without the finish the good work is useless

He avoided the stay question as well like a true professional

Coast Football Ramble

Agree with everyone great listening.
Well done in just letting him talk.

I’d love to have an off the record chat and know what he really thinks of a few things.

The subs was very interesting and sports science is really an integral part of sport now although the eye test still says Appiah is buggered at 60mins.

He sticks up for Appiah to when everyone is going your mad and i get that he gets half the job done but without the finish the good work is useless

He avoided the stay question as well like a true professional

Shaun laughed in the background when I asked that question =D

Big Al

@Coast Football Ramble

So after two nil down Paulo call for TBT to warm up on his own with Ivan I think who was grabbing him like lets get physical your going on.

Then the big screen showed Balder talking to Paolo who didn’t want to hear it but had to. He shook his head in frustration then Roux came on for Rose without a warm up (that i saw) and TBT sat down. I am not sure if our goal came in the middle of that but Josh didn’t look injured but wasn’t playing badly.

I think it might have been Balder saying he has to come off. I’m not sure but after the pod with Paolo it made sense. Very interesting discussion and one which stopped me from having a heart attack as why Roux makes the bench each week in beyond me and then comes on to play wing. Surely L Rose is better cover than Storm. I like storm but if he’s not starting he shouldn’t play.

Forum Phoenix

Informative, and interesting. You just can’t make two defensive subs in a game your chasing unless you’re hands are tied.

Last edited:

priorpeter

That's not throwing "some cold water". That's calling out Okon's blatant bullshit and exposing his bald-faced lies.
Bad look for Okon and has probably given me the final nudge onto the #OkonOut express.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred