• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Coast Football Ramble Podcast

Big Al

Haven’t watched the game yet but shorely shit said on Facebook will be back this week.

And are we all chipping in for a TIFO “the VAR is killing the love of the game” or what ever Paulo said.

What day do we go to the church of Heirejisum and pray for his return

Big Al

Merry Christmas and Happy New VAR guys.

My preference is to have something to listen to on the 3rd Jan when i go back to work;)

Big Al

Something to discuss next pod

Squad setup.
We’ve gone Australian in our attack and it’s costing us big time. Possibly a lot of money in DDS and Hoole (who is a flop and bad signing and getting worse. If he ever dribbles without a first touch back to halfway I’ll fall over).

However we do dominate the midfield and our defence is now stronger with Baro.

Asdrubal hasn’t been great but is not the sole reason. The passing from our wingers and attacking mids lacks the class of the top teams.

We need a Ninkovic, Adrian Mierzejewski, Castro or Leroy George. We’d be so much better.

SFC - Bobo Ninkovic Adrian don’t let there opportunities go
Jets - O Donovan Vargas now Rodregiz
and Brown (he’s shit though)
City - McCormack but have stuffed there imports but are surviving just but surely will bring in some more and Fornaroli is due back
Victory- Berisha George and Barbarouses (although he may as well be local)
Perth - Keogh and Castro
WSW - Riera and looking for a winger

Big Al

You guys watch a lot of youth and preseason.

Would you put Kekeris in against City?

Is he even eligible?

We down to skin and bones.

Should the 23’s send Trent back? I think so

Coast Football Ramble

Hey Big Al
I should have checked this thread before recording today, Hope you enjoy it regardless.
We will try to discuss your post next week.

Excited to see Kekeris play.

Meanwhile.
Shaun and Lachie Wales join us in the studio.
We discuss the summer of football, The recent Mariners results and more.

Big Al

Hey Big Al
I should have checked this thread before recording today, Hope you enjoy it regardless.
We will try to discuss your post next week.

Excited to see Kekeris play.

Meanwhile.
Shaun and Lachie Wales join us in the studio.
We discuss the summer of football, The recent Mariners results and more.

All good. Situation not changing this season. Shaun saying we at high risk explains the spend but doesn’t change the fact pur wingers not getting the job done.

Hoole has also been the preseason wonder Newcastle fans told us he’d be.

Enjoyed the pod as always but got angrier the more I listened. I’d put all those loses in the memory bin.

Adelaide we didn’t play Adelaide. Oh we did

Lets hope Kekeris gets game time tomorrow and Wales continues his good run but needs to be on the right but don’t like his chances of that.

Wombat

Hoole should be played wide on the right wing. Due to our shit squad and Paul's delusion that Kupi is a starting 11 player he has been played out of position alot.
I know he is an ex-scummer but he shouldnt kop the blame for our coaching errors. Having said that he was shite against the Scum and his dead ball has turned to shit.
To me he has been better than Pain but we are talking C v C+.

Big Al

Hoole should be played wide on the right wing. Due to our shit squad and Paul's delusion that Kupi is a starting 11 player he has been played out of position alot.
I know he is an ex-scummer but he shouldnt kop the blame for our coaching errors. Having said that he was shite against the Scum and his dead ball has turned to shit.
To me he has been better than Pain but we are talking C v C+.
His preseason success was at #10 with no DDS. Paulo’s tweaked the formation to bring him into the middle and have no true RW with McGing or Roux filling the whole. However without DDS last two games he stopped the breaks instead of leading them.

Hoole’s problems are alot bigger than just moving wider but at least it cuts his space to dribble in circles.

He was decent early in the season but is now a head down spin with the outside of the right foot head back to halfway then look up when the options have gone. He ignores the simple one two with team mates and his left leg is only there to hold him up.

To move him to a true RW would help and yeah maybe the left now Pain out for a while.

He has gone backwards with the whole team the last two months.

He really is stopping the flow off our attack

scottmac

Suspended
I love you guys and always listen in but that first 25 mins was very hard listening. I dont agree with alot of what you said about Paolo and dont agree with the its time to deliver threat. It would habe been great fir someone on the panel to be of differing opinion because that's what creates great discussion.
Anyway love your work guys and once again some great interviews.

Coast Football Ramble

I love you guys and always listen in but that first 25 mins was very hard listening. I dont agree with alot of what you said about Paolo and dont agree with the its time to deliver threat. It would habe been great fir someone on the panel to be of differing opinion because that's what creates great discussion.

Threat is a bit strong of a word, not like we could do anything to punish him.
We're not angry with him, just really dissapointed in the way our season has gone.

Don't you think we should have some more W results on our board? How long until our predictable game unacceptable?

JoyfulPenguin

Our spend is our spend, even if we are spending the cap floor we need to make the finals or at the very least be close, that is a minimum goal for our club. Paolo has had time to work with this squad, mold it how he wants it, if he can't get results with it then who else is there to blame? We have played good football but if that football doesn't get results and Paolo can't get results because of how low our spend is, then shouldn't we get a manager who can get results with our low spend? I want Paolo to be our coach and be successful but if we get even more out of contention for finals and give up results like we did yesterday then tough decisions need to be made.

Timmah

Our spend is our spend, even if we are spending the cap floor we need to make the finals or at the very least be close, that is a minimum goal for our club. Paolo has had time to work with this squad, mold it how he wants it, if he can't get results with it then who else is there to blame? We have played good football but if that football doesn't get results and Paolo can't get results because of how low our spend is, then shouldn't we get a manager who can get results with our low spend? I want Paolo to be our coach and be successful but if we get even more out of contention for finals and give up results like we did yesterday then tough decisions need to be made.
Part of the disturbing logic (and this isn't a shot at you, JP) that surrounds this kind of suggestion ("get a manager who can get results with low spend") implies that there is an unfettered supply of such a thing out there within our budget.

Same applies to our wont for a new striker.

Ideal vs reality is often different. When we're spending a fraction of what other clubs are spending and still challenging them and playing good football that's worth remembering, IMO

JoyfulPenguin

Part of the disturbing logic (and this isn't a shot at you, JP) that surrounds this kind of suggestion ("get a manager who can get results with low spend") implies that there is an unfettered supply of such a thing out there within our budget.

Same applies to our wont for a new striker.

Ideal vs reality is often different. When we're spending a fraction of what other clubs are spending and still challenging them and playing good football that's worth remembering, IMO
I do agree Timmah, and even if results were to go severely further south I still wouldn't be fully for getting rid of Paolo especially during the season, I think he is capable of turning an A-League team into a Championship one, I just don't know if we have the resources necessary for him to do it. Shaun and Charlesworth have a very, very tough decision on their hands come end of the season. There are coaches who have managed to turn sides with smaller budgets around the world into successful teams, even in our own NPL, people like Arthur Papas, Mark Crittenden, Damian Mori or George Katsakis. There are Australian candidates out there, who we can afford, that could potentially return us to success even without a huge investment from on high.

scottmac

Suspended
Threat is a bit strong of a word, not like we could do anything to punish him.
We're not angry with him, just really dissapointed in the way our season has gone.

Don't you think we should have some more W results on our board? How long until our predictable game unacceptable?
Yeah i um'd and ah'd over that word and yes it is strong for the context.
I feel the point of view I really do but I've been saying since he came that next year is his year of judgement. New players have a year in his system and hes cycled through all the players not able to deliver in it.
We definitely should have more wins but it's not Paolo' s system to blame for that it's the quality of his players. The chances are there and the front 3 and maybe Hoole should have around 7 goals a piece. If they did we'd be top 4.
It's not that I dont think the discussion or the views were unwarranted just that it was unbalanced and hard to listen to.
If Paolo doesn't rectify the front third next year then the question of his tenure should be asked.

Last edited:

scottmac

Suspended
Any other club given the chances we've had would have scored more goals. That's the players fault not Paolo. He can't put the ball in the net for them. Hes delivered a system of play that gives them the opportunity to win games. They are not executing it in the front third through lack of confidence, technique and ability. That's the fault of us not having 2 players outside the cap and being able to spend the difference in the cap. We're already over 300k below the spend of the full cap let alone taking 2 players out of the cap. It's a massive disadvantage.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred