• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Coast Football Ramble Podcast

Forum Phoenix

I have to admit I was surprised by Okon's comments re fitness, as I'd heard a lot of good things about Brice.

Last edited:

Big Al

Probably because all the information is still on Brice’s computer.

Be interested to know who owns that information. If he’s an employee that’s Mariners information. Sure he has used it to back himself but maybe shouldn’t have that on hand.

Not sure how that works with fitness coaches.

However we bought the gps system last year so it made no sense not to have the data.

On the bright side you know people listened.

Nice to see Ivan having a dig as well. Still bitter

Coast Football Ramble

Hey listeners, we've been aware of this issue since the day after recording.
We've asked for Brice to be on the show but he has turned down this offer.
We're on Brice's side on this one as we've seen the evidence.

Anyone casting doubt his way is wrong.

Big Al

It’s a shame to have controversy from a great pod.
Hopefully doesn’t stop the club from contributing content

Gratis

Conclusions are funny things.
Okon actually said the boys didn't know their own stats. Not that the club or Brice wasn't keeping them.

His comment could be construed to mean that he brought to the boys a sharp focus on these details - priorities for them to live by, be accountable for. I very much doubt Walmsley did that.

I expect some players would have known their own stats but i heard Okon's comment as just making a broad point about how the squad overall didn't focus on these things and weren't accountable for them

TedShot

Okon actually said the boys didn't know their own stats. Not that the club or Brice wasn't keeping them.

His comment could be construed to mean that he brought to the boys a sharp focus on these details - priorities for them to live by, be accountable for. I very much doubt Walmsley did that.

I expect some players would have known their own stats but i heard Okon's comment as just making a broad point about how the squad overall didn't focus on these things and weren't accountable for them
Agreed, don’t think it’s that big a deal tbh.

Coast Football Ramble

I think there's a grey area that has caused confusion, there's been a fair response from Brice (if he's taken out of it what he's heard).
I'm not going to say it's a mountain out of a mole hill, but it's not a huge deal for the club, plus we get so little listens I don't think it's going to be a huge impact on anything or anyone.

pjennings

I have just re-listened to the piece. He was talking about accountability and seemed to be talking about the players not knowing, being accountable and there being consequences.

Fair enough for Brice to react but I don't believe it was meant that he wasn't doing his job.

scottmac

Suspended

Yeah seems like you and Brice misheard what was said. Nothing Brice put up proved that the boys knew where their fitness was at. Only that he knew and seemingly still has the information.

sydmariner

Coast Football Ramble
3 hrs ·
Unfortunately Episode 19 won't be getting released.
During editing the data files were corrupted and the originals have been lost into the ether.
Despite using software to try and fix the problems we've not been able to recover the data.
We'd like to thank Mick Kmet for coming into the studio.
Sincere apologies.:(

Big Al

Coast Football Ramble
3 hrs ·
Unfortunately Episode 19 won't be getting released.
During editing the data files were corrupted and the originals have been lost into the ether.
Despite using software to try and fix the problems we've not been able to recover the data.
We'd like to thank Mick Kmet for coming into the studio.
Sincere apologies.:(
Bloody computers and to think they are going to rule the world.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred