• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

China game

Jesus

Jesus
pokey said:
Zad was shite. Pure and simple.

So disapointed in the game, after trekking all the way out there for it.

Is it pathetic that I enjoyed the train ride home more than the game?

My favourite bit of the game? When the guy got hauled off in the stretcher...only to stand up on the sideline again...then come bck on a few minutes later.

Jesus, was this your doing? You little miracle maker you!

I felt he had had enough pain yes...
That train ride was gold. Much more enjoyable than the match. The match was awful. Zad especially awful

FFC Mariner

There was, at about the 75th minute when Zadshite strangled a break away by stopping and turning with the ball - boo's/abuse from 70,000 people.

northernspirit

Greenpoleffc said:
There was, at about the 75th minute when Zadshite strangled a break away by stopping and turning with the ball - boo's/abuse from 70,000 people.
that was painful
all he had to do was continue his run and lay on a pass instead he copped out and checked back which gave china time to get back in numbers

terrible football, wish u hadnt reminded me! :p

serious14

Furns - BenW from Sydney, myself, and quite a few others have been "suggesting" a plan of attack for nearly 2 years now.  Many of the GGA have said that they have been prepared to work with us, yet when it comes to game day, it's their way or no way at all.  And when their way consists of the same three chants with no repetition, constantly speeding up..... and then giving up about 11 minutes into the game (by my count) - that's not really conducive to any sort of atmosphere, is it??

As Greenpole said, we've moved past the point where some sort of exclusive group gets to run the active support for our national team.  _EVERYONE_ should have a say in how its done.  I don't give a flying f*ck what club you're from or who you are..... if you're prepared to work with me to make the Home End better, then I'll do it.  Squadron, Cove, I don't care.

On a slightly separate note - WHAT THE F*CK IS WITH CLUB COLORS AT NATIONAL TEAM GAMES?!?      *ten thousand angry faces*

Sacko

serious14 said:
On a slightly separate note - WHAT THE F*CK IS WITH CLUB COLORS AT NATIONAL TEAM GAMES?!?      *ten thousand angry faces*

Are you the fashion police?

serious14

Sacko:  Not at all - but were Sydney FC, Blackburn, Newcastle, the Mariners, England, or any one of about 653252 other club jerseys I saw playing last night??  No.  The SOCCEROOS/AUSTRALIA were.

Greenpole:  There were three Squadrunts two rows infront of me, in full club colors.  One of them that red headed nitwit who trolls on here and whose name escapes me at the moment...... when we yelled out some abuse at Jade North for nearly conceding a goal (again), they turned around and said "Go Jade".  Which was their sole contribution to making any sort of noise all night.

dru

serious14 said:

I almost spat out my beer in disgust in Brisbane when I saw Mariners gear there. Sorry it's the national team, that is all, leave the rest at home and I think it's part of the problem with the AHE at the moment cause groups end up sitting together doing there own thing.

dibo

there was a mariners scarf being held up in the middle of the AHE though - that's no better.

i saw quite a lot of mariners gear there last night (mostly jackets and jumpers as well as many sydney caps and scarves and one jersey, a melbourne jersey and lots of jets t-shirts but no jets jerseys).

i suspect that *most* people wearing club colours to these games are wearing them in the same way as people used to wear their favourite euro club kit - it's their way of supporting football. that doesn't bother me so much, especially when it's the families on half way and whatnot.

*some* are more intent on brandishing their colours as a f**k you to supporters of other clubs, that's where the problem lies.

part of unity of the home end is *not* taking every available opportunity to bag a player on the basis of who pays their wages. the whole thing is to take the blinkers (and colours) off and support the lads in gold and green.

every fan has players they don't like for all sorts of reasons, but leave the club-bashing out of it.

dru said:
I think it's part of the problem with the AHE at the moment cause groups end up sitting together doing there own thing.

we have a small number of 'capo types' between the a-league clubs. for the AHE to work well, i suspect that these people will have to bind together and jointly try to lead.

that way we're less likely to have songs that people don't really know or like getting up, because between the core group there'll be a kind of smoothing of song selection to get up the songs known and palatable to the most of the AHE.

FFC Mariner

If I am being naive here, please stop me but is there any reason why a delegation from the Marinators cant get together with the Cove, S Hill mob (as opposed to squadrunts) and any other interested parties to thrash out a mechanism to coordinate the AHE??

Leaving the GGA out of it if required but hopefully all could be involved.

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

dibo said:
there was a mariners scarf being held up in the middle of the AHE though - that's no better.

i saw quite a lot of mariners gear there last night (mostly jackets and jumpers as well as many sydney caps and scarves and one jersey, a melbourne jersey and lots of jets t-shirts but no jets jerseys).

i suspect that *most* people wearing club colours to these games are wearing them in the same way as people used to wear their favourite euro club kit - it's their way of supporting football. that doesn't bother me so much, especially when it's the families on half way and whatnot.

*some* are more intent on brandishing their colours as a f**k you to supporters of other clubs, that's where the problem lies.

part of unity of the home end is *not* taking every available opportunity to bag a player on the basis of who pays their wages. the whole thing is to take the blinkers (and colours) off and support the lads in gold and green.

every fan has players they don't like for all sorts of reasons, but leave the club-bashing out of it.

Well said.

I'm not so worried when I see Mariners colours at a socceroos match - it might simply be the only yellow clothing some people own!!

serious14

Greenpoleffc said:
If I am being naive here, please stop me but is there any reason why a delegation from the Marinators cant get together with the Cove, S Hill mob (as opposed to squadrunts) and any other interested parties to thrash out a mechanism to coordinate the AHE??

Leaving the GGA out of it if required but hopefully all could be involved.

That's what we've been trying to do since this whole "United Australian Home End" gear got started.  Problem is, GGA is so deep in bed with the FFA, so it takes times for these things to change.

A dream situation would be that a _united_ group gets a block of tickets from the FFA to distribute to the most active supporters from each of the A-League supporters groups.  Said active supporters would also realise that club gear is not allowed, and it's a simple case of "sing, participate, or go stand somewhere else".  ;)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred