• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

China game

Sean

Pretty crap game from our end although it was a dead rubber so im not phased about the loss.
my only concern is that there would have been many a family who forked out for that crap and who will be less inclined to attend any of the future home matches.

I do agree we need to blood in young players, but as the majority of the squad for a home match in front of 70,000?
Tonight should really had been approached as a celebration for qualifying for the next round and a chance to maintain our home record- both providing confidence and momentum headed towards the next big games.

-Im thinking of going back on highly rating Troisi, his first and second touches were horrible.
-Zadkovich was a joke and i hope never to see him play in the Socceroos in our campaign to qualify for the world cup. I had to laugh (and join in) at the boo from the crowd when Australia were on the counter in the second half, and the ball is switched over to Zadf**ker who stands on the bloody thing!!! it was embarrasing also that the crowd booed this!
-Does Jade North write the articles on himself and how he is a future prospect for Australia and should be overseas? im unsure if he knows how to carry the ball forward and send a half decent ball either to the mids or the forwards rather than pass it off to Spiro or Hyphen to get trapped and blast one down the wing. We miss Neill.
- I want to watch Valeri play for his club. I want to see how he is valuable as I am yet to see him provide anything for Socceroos.
- Jedinak was great, very pleased with his game although his distribution was a bit rough
- Holland is ordinary and really shouldnt have started as he is simply not up to it yet. He cant put down nerves as an excuse for constantly being found in no-mans-land tonight. He was too slow and did not keep up with the game. Zadf**ker and him on that side were hopeless together and I thought they were to blame for the goal as they were both drawn over towards the ball and too deep in the box in order to get out to the shooter in time.
He shined early in the second half with a few good touches and passes but that was pretty much it. Is he a definate for the Olyroos? I think he is highly overrated as a young player/future prospect

serious14

If I wrote what I really thought about North, Holland, and Zadkovich I would be banned for a month, so I won't bother.  Suffice to say they were shithouse.  At the best of times.

midfielder

Apart from Matthew all the backs played crap the outside backs on that display should never be selected agian.

IMO only Troisi, Harry & Holland played well, Prem Jedi played crap tonight I am his biggest fan, but he gave so much ball away. He did set up a goal that Djet somehow never even got on target but IMO a very poor game.

TBH the FFA need to think carefully about ever putting out a team with so little quality agian, I was all for it before the match ........ BUT F.......... it was sad and many will not keep coming back if these kinda of matches are put up.

serious14

Positives - Harry and Spiro were class.

China's penalty miss was amusing.

That's about it really.....

Negatives - GGA were a f*cking debacle.  The sooner these nonces give up control of the Home End and let us unite _everyone_, instead of running their own agenda, the better.  F*cking heinous effort.

North and Holland - yes, I hate the Jets, but I can be neutral when need be.  *adopts neutrality*  Holy crap, you were both shit.  Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeally badly so.  Big time.  Get the f*ck away from my Socceroos.

Djite wasn't too bad, but he got stuck trying to do too much himself.  Nice to see Troisi and Holland not really give a f*ck by just standing back and waiting for him to deliver.

Did I mention that North was woooooooooooooooooeeeeeeeeeeeeeeefuuuuuuuuuuuuullllllllllllllllllllyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy shit??  Good.  :redcard:

S

soccersensei

Sigh...

We looked pretty much just like what we were...
The Ollyroos with Harry Kewell.

Highlights...
The missed penalty...
The Free Tibet chant we had going ;D

Lowlights - the ENTIRE GAME.
"Better" performers, Harry, Spiro, Troisi (At least he tried on some positive play) Mile & Valeri. The rest were completely awful. A total lack of adventure and creativity. I was so hoping for a pride of young lions determined to take their opportunity and "seize their day" but all they managed was to seize up. They played with a caution bordering on almost outright insecurity. Was it just me, or was their was a disturbingly unusual amount of time spent looking down at their feet, just like young kids do when they want to reassure themselves that they still have the ball and still worry at every kick.

Zadfetus... mother of shite! Did he set an incredible new low for himself...
ohhhhh Derby... Even darker days ahead for you me fears...

And Djitte?? What good is a hold up man that can't hold up the ball??!!!
No endeavour... No pace... and he couldn't skin a potato if Gordon Ramsay possesed him...  let alone skin a defender... what the hell do they see in him?
It's absolutely beyond me.

Aden

if this is what we have in store in the future  after all our  roos retire we are f*****

FFC Mariner

$9.50 for a bourbon and coke before the game did my head in..........

f**king $9.50

ps - I think the chant that dragged security over was the "1 son, you've only got 1 son"

Agree though, the penalty was the highlight of the game

cruiser

Greenpoleffc said:
ps - I think the chant that dragged security over was the "1 son, you've only got 1 son"
Surely not. That's quite funny - and true! I sat only two sections away (aisle 117) from the supporters section and couldnt hear much chanting at all, mostly just the drum.

T

I was surprised about how the commentators actually had good things to say about Jedi... and you could hear them struggling to find good stuff to rave about for Holland and North!!

dibo

I thought North again improved, and basically did fine.

Spiro looks gold.

The less said about Zad and NTS the better.

Valeri did the simple things, Jedi was busier, but also would spoil patches of a few minutes of good touches by sending long speculators.

Holland I thought didn't do a whole lot wrong, but didn't do a whole lot right either. Troisi on the other hand had a great start, first 20m or so was tops, and then the wheels seemed to come off.

Then Kewell and Djite were both under too much marking pressure to get anything going.

In the end, meh match, meh performance, double meh atmosphere.

Pokes

Zad was shite. Pure and simple.

So disapointed in the game, after trekking all the way out there for it.

Is it pathetic that I enjoyed the train ride home more than the game?

My favourite bit of the game? When the guy got hauled off in the stretcher...only to stand up on the sideline again...then come bck on a few minutes later.

Jesus, was this your doing? You little miracle maker you!

Arabmariner

That was the worst game of football I have ever seen and I have seen some poor ones in my time.$90.00 to watch that crap.The only player who showed any class at all was Kewell.
It does prove one thing....we have no depth at all.
First time I have left a game before the end for years. :mad:

furns

serious14 said:
Negatives - GGA were a f*cking debacle.  The sooner these nonces give up control of the Home End and let us unite _everyone_, instead of running their own agenda, the better.  F*cking heinous effort.
For someone who is supposed to be actively helping to promote a united Home End this comment from you is quite simply embarrassing.
The Home End was running things last night - not one particular splinter faction. The HE not only consists of GGA people, but also Sydney FC, Newcastle and Queensland supporters as well as CCM (not to mention most other clubs). As someone who has been involved with the collective effort of trying to get everyone to work together, I find your opinion on the matter frustrating.
I was down the front for most of the first half with some interstaters who were chanting quite loudly. However I then moved back to where the capo was with the mega so to hopefully try to get the whole bay chanting in unison instead of pockets starting their own chants.
However, while it was good to see everyone STANDING (its a start), still same old situation, small committed groups carrying the chants while the rest stood around and listened but made no effort to keep a chant going. I see some improvements definately, the chants are being taken up by an ever-growing pocket of participants but its the usual story of people just "there to watch the game" that stop a chant from spreading to the whole bay.
So, to simply say that the GGA were responsible for a crap atmosphere is quite simply insulting, maybe suggesting a plan of attack might be in order instead of agenda-driven rubbish.

marinermick

serious did suggest a plan of action

f#$k off the GGA and go from there

it does not get any simpler than that

FFC Mariner

Agreed, the code and its supporters have matured past the need for a body such as the GGA IMHO.

The game was responsible for the atmosphere and Pims mind numbing style doesnt generate much enthusiasm either.

2 shit games in 2 days..........

adz

Staff member
It was like watching an A-League game with the amount of shots being sprayed high/wide - pretty frustrating to watch really

dibo

Im actually with Furns on this one - it's not the GGA that's the problem, they're simply part of the AHE.

The AHE needs a set of songs that everyone knows and will sing.

There are some things that went up last night that were loud and strong, and with tweaking (i.e. keeping things going for longer at the start so that surrounding bays have a chance to join in before the song dies) this will improve.

I was actually a bay over from the main AHE bay, and while some things did finally carry over, half the time they died before we got a chance to really join in.

I have to say that spontaneity is hard to work out in big groups for pretty irregular matches a pretty set routine is kinda the only option, else people wont know whats being sung.

The match being a dead rubber did not help in the slightest, it took until the penalty miss to get some anger in the crowd.

Imagine a live home match against Iran (though to be fair this one ought to be in Melbourne to exorcise the demons of 1997), South Korea or Japan. When there are stakes on the table, the passion will rise.

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

North was a quality addition.  There was simply no team before he came along.  End of discussion, close teh internetz.

Same negative football we saw against Ghana - too much knocking the ball across/back without really looking for anything to do, until somebody got bored and just sent a long ball up.  Defence had too many holes, and when we did see a good attack on goals there was no structure to support it.  Fair enough it wasn't really the proper team, but would've been nice to see a gutsier effort instead of all this 'safe' football (hey guys, safe football isn't the best option when you're 1-0 down and there's 5 to go, y'know?)

Props go out to our roads though - I had to drive.  Normally takes about 50min to get to homebush, took about 2 1/2 hours (plus parking time).  Left just before 4, walked into the stadium with 10min to go in the first half, and there were still a LOT of people behind me.  Drove into the area, saw one of those digital signs say 'use parking bay 5, turn right'.  Turned right, followed a road for about a k, then saw a sign 'parking bay 5 - 2.5km'.  WTF???  That's a frikking long walk to watch a game, so I just gave up and parked on a patch of grass near the stadium.

Makes me wonder how that place ever managed to host the Olympics....

The pitch, what an absolute disgrace.  It's turning us into a mockery of international football.  You CANNOT have other games on a football pitch in the days before an international match, something MUST be done about this.

Although if we're going to talk mockery, China's disgraceful behaviour is precisely what so many non-football-fans criticise us for, and I don't really blame them.  Those clowns are making a mockery out of the game and are the reason the game isn't even bigger than it is. 

Sacko

I was up the other end didn't hear a thing from the AHE, 4 of us tried to start some free tibet chants but got no support so just carried on drinking through a very boring game - lots of support for China - Chatswood must have been empty last night! 

Sean

Sacko said:
I was up the other end didn't hear a thing from the AHE, 4 of us tried to start some free tibet chants but got no support so just carried on drinking through a very boring game - lots of support for China - Chatswood must have been empty last night! 

:thumbup:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred