• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

China game

FFC Mariner

Good news and bad news really as the squad is announced

Dutch-based striker Brett Holman, who starred against Qatar, was expected to be retained for the match but he has not been named, paving the way for a possible first international start for Bruce Djite

mariners4ever

who's in the squad???

EDIT: found the squad:

Michael Beauchamp, Ante Covic, Bruce Djite, James Holland, Mile Jedinak, Harry Kewell, Neil Kilkenny, Stuart Musialik, Jade North, Michael Petkovic, Kristian Sarkies, Matthew Spiranovic, Nikolai Topor-Stanley, James Troisi, Carl Valeri, Rodrigo Vargas, David Williams, Ruben Zadkovich.

hard to pick a starting 11.
prediction: australia to either lose or draw

its a bummer that holland isnt playing for the scum on saturday

midfielder

Good to see Pim looking at other players for this match, its a dead rubber so try some new blood but in a WCQ to see there worth. I am going to the match and look forward to it and seeing some new combinations.

What the F media are going on with about leaving best players out .......... well they are in the main RL sports presenters, ......... and have vested interest in finding problems with football ........ notice they are not saying WOW 70, 000 tickets sold when most knew every likelihood it would be a dead rubber.

Good to see Jedi on the field at some stage I hope.

Paolo

midfielder said:
What the F media are going on with about leaving best players out ..........
Mark S, Bresc, Grella, Emerton, Culina, Kewell, Neill, Kennedy, McDonald

Might be a reason

midfielder

Squad for China

http://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/socceroos/young-guns-in-for-socceroos-121266/

Squad: Michael Beauchamp, Ante Covic, Bruce Djite, James Holland, Mile Jedinak, Harry Kewell, Neil Kilkenny, Stuart Musialik, Jade North, Michael Petkovic, Kristian Sarkies, Matthew Spiranovic, Nikolai Topor-Stanley, James Troisi, Carl Valeri, Rodrigo Vargas, David Williams, Ruben Zadkovich.

Keensy

Yes some of the best are out ....... but when are you ever going to get a better chance to see the best of the new squad. I am looking forward to seeing Williams & Trosi.

TBH this squad are going to play their arses off to get a shot at the first.

S

striker

I'd like to see Jess Vanstrattan in goals - he's certainly much better than Ante Covic or Michael Petkovic

fedelta

Went to see the boys at Parramatta Westfield..Was a load of shit..only the first 100 people that rocked up there got autographs..and to make it worse, that Andy Harper tosser was hosting it.  :vomit:

northernspirit

marinermick said:
Bearinator said:
keensy said:
Omni said:
Brett Holman "starred" against Qatar?
2 goal assists??

Still f**king rubbish
I think Djite is the most over-rated young aussie player there is, but id rather him than lolman

agree on all three counts:
1. Holman rubbish
2. D'shite overrated
3. lolman over d'shite

bit harsh, i agree re: holman, the guy has the first touch of a drunken sailor - runs like a lion but has the skill of a sloth.... but djite brings something to the team we are lacking without having kennedy or viduka available. We are a better team when we have a striker who can hold the ball up to play in the midfielders and provide goal scoring opportunities for the likes of bresh, cahill etc... not that those 2 guys are playing against china

he may not be prolific (yet) but i think he is a good prospect

Bear

How dose Djite hold the ball up well? If possible, he has a worse first touch than lolman. I agree, we are a better team when we have someone good like kennedy or dukes holding the ball up, so when we get someone good like them, ill let you know ;)

And as you said, he is not prolific, yet, so why would should we start him for the socceroos in ANY match, because he MIGHT be prolific one day? Thats shit. Its the socceroos, the best players available to this country, and there is PLENTY out there better than that kid

midfielder

Pim is pissed off with the pitch and for good reason to, ......... not to sure of the answer but it is a very good point Pim is making

http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,8659,23894488-23215,00.html

AUSTRALIA coach Pim Verbeek has called for greater communication between football codes, admitting he's concerned about the state of the ANZ Stadium pitch.

The Socceroos' match will follow two NRL games and two under-20 rugby league games at ANZ Stadium in two days and Verbeek believes the surface will affect the way his team is able to play.

I think we have to discuss it, Verbeek said.

It (the pitch) is not good enough for us to play the way we normally like to play football.

midfielder

It will be interesting to watch Djite I am not his greatest fan but neither do I think he is as bad as some are making out.

Hopefully with good coaches he will improve over time, but I am looking forward to Harry Williams & Trosi -----------F I am looking forward to seeing these guys play

FFC Mariner

Helen Keller had a better 1st touch than Lolman.

Mind you, shit-eh isnt much better, the most over rated player that (was) in the HAL.

mariners4ever

Pim has revealed his starting 11:

PIM Verbeek has named a youthful Socceroo line-up for tomorrow's match with China and hinted he may give exciting Brondy striker David Williams a run from the bench.
Verbeek said his starting line up would be: Michael Petkovic, Nikolai Topor Stanley, Matthew Spiranovic, Jade North, Ruben Zadkovich, Mile Jedinak, Carl Valeri, James Troisi, James Holland, Harry Kewell and Bruce Djite.

Derby County's Ruben Zadkovich makes his debut at right back and while Matt Spiranovic makes his first start in the green and gold national team in the centre of defence.

Michael Beauchamp was not considered for the side as an ankle injury has gotten the better of him.

The bench will feature among others, Neil Kilkenny, David Williams, Stuart Musialik and Ante Covic.

Verbeek said Jedinak and Valeri will play as the two holding midfielders with four attacking options Kewell, Troisi, Holland and Djite in the final third.

so a formation of :
                      petkovic
zadkovich  spiranovic  north  NTS
          jedinak        valeri
troisi            holland        kewell
                    djite

serious14

_What_ is the obsession with James Holland??  In addition to being an absolute c*nt of a person, he's a shit footballer.  I just don't get it.......

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred