• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

China game

fedelta

serious14 said:
_What_ is the obsession with James Holland??   In addition to being an absolute c*nt of a person, he's a shit footballer.  I just don't get it.......

I think that describes Zadkovich and Holland in one go.

midfielder

Troisi and Harry are both left footers ......... on the Holland thing ....... Mods may ban me for ever but he ain't half good and when he runs on to the field in the Green & Gold I will cheer.

Remember ........... as the Knob sing .......... "you will never walk alone".

I hope Williams, & Kilkenny get a run but is this a future midfield of 2011 and beyond, Harry Troisi, Jedi, Holland ......... well Harry legs will be getting on,........... me I am impressed by Troisi very much so. Only trouble is with Jedi improvement me thinks this is his last year as a Mariner. Also North is playing quite well.

Feel like a kid and am counting the hours till I am on the bus.

FFC Mariner

I cant wait either, chance to boo Holland and rubbish his every move.

Take the piss out of the GGA and watch some of our other young hopefuls.

Club hatred >>> Country

Jimmy

mariners4ever said:
Pim has revealed his starting 11:

PIM Verbeek has named a youthful Socceroo line-up for tomorrow's match with China and hinted he may give exciting Brondy striker David Williams a run from the bench.
Verbeek said his starting line up would be: Michael Petkovic, Nikolai Topor Stanley, Matthew Spiranovic, Jade North, Ruben Zadkovich, Mile Jedinak, Carl Valeri, James Troisi, James Holland, Harry Kewell and Bruce Djite.

Derby County's Ruben Zadkovich makes his debut at right back and while Matt Spiranovic makes his first start in the green and gold national team in the centre of defence.

Michael Beauchamp was not considered for the side as an ankle injury has gotten the better of him.

The bench will feature among others, Neil Kilkenny, David Williams, Stuart Musialik and Ante Covic.

Verbeek said Jedinak and Valeri will play as the two holding midfielders with four attacking options Kewell, Troisi, Holland and Djite in the final third.

so a formation of :
                      petkovic
zadkovich  spiranovic  north  NTS
          jedinak        valeri
troisi            holland        kewell
                    djite

I dont really feel like going after reading that line up.

Arabmariner

Jimmydinho said:
mariners4ever said:
Pim has revealed his starting 11:

PIM Verbeek has named a youthful Socceroo line-up for tomorrow's match with China and hinted he may give exciting Brondy striker David Williams a run from the bench.
Verbeek said his starting line up would be: Michael Petkovic, Nikolai Topor Stanley, Matthew Spiranovic, Jade North, Ruben Zadkovich, Mile Jedinak, Carl Valeri, James Troisi, James Holland, Harry Kewell and Bruce Djite.

Derby County's Ruben Zadkovich makes his debut at right back and while Matt Spiranovic makes his first start in the green and gold national team in the centre of defence.

Michael Beauchamp was not considered for the side as an ankle injury has gotten the better of him.

The bench will feature among others, Neil Kilkenny, David Williams, Stuart Musialik and Ante Covic.

Verbeek said Jedinak and Valeri will play as the two holding midfielders with four attacking options Kewell, Troisi, Holland and Djite in the final third.

so a formation of :
                      petkovic
zadkovich  spiranovic  north  NTS
          jedinak        valeri
troisi            holland        kewell
                    djite

I dont really feel like going after reading that line up.
Well it's better to find out who's up to it in a game like this than in a qualifyer when it really matters.
A win here against a full strength China could do wonders for some of them.
I do scratch my head though at the inclusion of Toper hyphen even in an understrength side. ???

bikinigirl

midfielder said:
Hopefully with good coaches he will improve over time, but I am looking forward to Harry Williams & Trosi -----------F I am looking forward to seeing these guys play

. you don't think Harry Williams may be a bit past it these days?  ;)

kevrenor

Mariner Girl said:
Are you guys going for a drink at the Brewery before KO?

It is my turn in the media area for BOTN so will be at the media gathering for a former Socceroo initiative that is embargoed until 4:30 - good initiative that you will hear about.

I think I will actually enjoy writing up this game ... even if it is rolling on the floor with the antics of the Hyphen and Zadkid!

I do NOT want Iran as I still shudder over 'that' game, nor would the Uzbeks be nice - with, a) the logistics of getting there, b) their red hot form (they do play Iran today though)

marinermick

serious14 said:
_What_ is the obsession with James Holland??   In addition to being an absolute c*nt of a person, he's a shit footballer.  I just don't get it.......

he was total garbage and was rightfully pulled after 60 minutes

Tassiemariner

Yawn! well that was almost as boring as watching a perth glory match last season.
Why pull mile off, he was actually trying to create something in that match unlike some.
Holland, Zadsh*t were pathetic beyond words.

Also long balls to djite that are played at impossible angles to control got annoying after 5 minutes.

goingtoadisco

boring, but i think most people expected it to be right ?

China pushed up on us well i thought, did not give us any space to pass.

Jedi did not have the best of games but thats what getting experience is all about ! 

Was anyone else yelling at the TV to push up and stop playing so far back ?

northernspirit

marinermick said:
serious14 said:
_What_ is the obsession with James Holland??  In addition to being an absolute c*nt of a person, he's a shit footballer.  I just don't get it.......

he was total garbage and was rightfully pulled after 60 minutes
word
he was shite, and if topor stanley gets anywhere near a roos shirt again ill scream
slow and cant pass - good riddance hyphen

FFC Mariner

Just got in, great day out, few drinks, meet a few of the Cove bit of a sing song  etc.

Then the game started.

Simply terrible. Djite has the worst 1st touch and can we now stop the "best prospect in Australia" shit please.

Hyphen and Zadshite were truly terrible although a few of the SFC fans thought that was the best game they had ever seen Zadshite play.

Team loudly booed as the final whistle went.

Chant of the day:

Stand up for democracy

or

Your not going to Jo-berg
NO, Your not going to Jo-berg
Your not going to Jo-berg
and we might

Demented Freak

Greenpoleffc said:
Chant of the day:

Stand up for democracy

or