• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

China game

furns

serious14 said:
Furns - BenW from Sydney, myself, and quite a few others have been "suggesting" a plan of attack for nearly 2 years now.  Many of the GGA have said that they have been prepared to work with us, yet when it comes to game day, it's their way or no way at all.  And when their way consists of the same three chants with no repetition, constantly speeding up..... and then giving up about 11 minutes into the game (by my count) - that's not really conducive to any sort of atmosphere, is it??
Ummm I dont know where you have been mate, but I see at least five or six GGA people on the same email list as you, I, BenW, etc co-ordinating tifo, planning and etc. If that is people not working together, then I dont know what your personal goals for this association is. As far as gameday, who from GGA was telling you the songs had to be done a certain way?
I again dont know where you were sitting, but TheGeneral was the only capo in the bay, I was the drummer and we were attempting to get the whole bay singing - which didnt happen. I was down near the front to try to get some sort of co-ordination happening for people down there, but the singing from the back section wasnt loud enough for me to pick up the chant.
So I went to the back and stood next to him and drummed. Still didnt help.

As Greenpole said, we've moved past the point where some sort of exclusive group gets to run the active support for our national team.  _EVERYONE_ should have a say in how its done.  I don't give a flying f*ck what club you're from or who you are..... if you're prepared to work with me to make the Home End better, then I'll do it.  Squadron, Cove, I don't care.
So you want to exclude people from one group to create another one? That simply doesnt make sense. The Home End concept is to have everybody from the different groups working together, so again, I dont know what your expectations are, it just sounds like you have an agenda against the gga. I dont give a rats arse what club you are from either, I have been working with whoever from wherever, and want things to change.
As far as portioning blame for last night crap atmos, I will say it again, it was a United Home End section, and we are all responsible.
If you disbanded the GGA tomorrow, and the Home End was the only group, it would still have been a crap atmosphere because it doesnt matter who says what on which forum mate, its the people in the bays who are not active supporters that are the ongoing issue.

serious14

It's all well and good to have these e-mails going back and forth, but if on the day you've got 4 different groups of people trying to do different chants at the same time, then it is destined to fail.

My main problem with GGA (and this feeling is shared by others) is that there are too many 'passengers', people who just want to say "omg, I'm part of the GGA, like totally awesome", not to mention the whole "we want to make money.  Socceroo's come a distant second" problem which has been plaguing the organisation for a few years now.

Like I said before, I'm more than willing to work with whoever, but if one of the organisations (GGA in this case) and its members believes that it has the sole right to run the show, then what's the point??  Why can't _all_ the groups get together and go "you know what, f*ck the politics or whatever of it all - let's just support our team the best way we can".  I know that many feathers get ruffled when the GGA try to take over, the same way that many old school GGA get annoyed when they don't hold the power.  It leads to a situation like the one that happened last night....... Fanatics up the back doing their own thing (ironically, the chants started by them were the loudest), Bay 23 boys/Marinators/QLD lads in the middle trying to get things going around the megaphone, and down the front doing their own thing.

Shit, I dunno - let's just keep at the unification angle..... apologies to you Furns if I seemed angry this afternoon, I was still ridiculously annoyed from last night.

FFC Mariner

Furns, thats a bloody good point!!!

We see this at away HAL games (particularly semis and the GF) where people get tickets and have no intention of joining in (this is a CCM whinge mainly).

The away semi at your concrete NRL cesspit was the worst example I can recall and almost led to punch ups with the "I paid for my ticket and I demand my right to sit and not sing" brigade.

I doubt the FFA would sanction non allocated seating (probably not allowed) so maybe some anarchy is required??

At the Iraq game in Gosford, the allocated seating was ignored and through sheer weight of numbers, security/FFA pinheads just gave up - result, great atmosphere.

The most sensible suggestion is a block release but that requires the FFA to have the 1st clue about organising games.

serious14

Perfect example last night - row behind me, two old guys got angry around the 65 minute mark (after arriving late) telling a guy to "put his scarf down, we came here to watch the bloody game", and generally being all "old man angry".  Even got reduced to trying to get them to sit down, failing miserably, and then just sitting back and trying to look around them.

The whole time I was thinking "y'know, there's an entire three other quarters of the ground just waiting for you to sit down in them and patiently watch the game".  Not to mention that when you purchase tickets in "Australian Home End", there's a distinct warning of "oh, by the way, expect the following in this area", complete with a giant list of things that are bound to happen.

FFC Mariner

As chants tried to get going, you could see the people in the upper tier trying to get into it but it faded to quickly.

Maybe if Pim didnt like such mind numbingly dull football and/or it was a better game, the excitement would have built and a better atmosphere generated

Who knows??

serious14

Greenpoleffc said:
Maybe if Pim didnt like such mind numbingly dull football

Nah, it was the exact same tactics and formation as last week, just nearly entirely different personnel.  Shitness ensued.

If that was the future, then our qualifying for the 2014 World Cup worries me.....

P

Pete

If I have to sit through another game of watching Zadkovich  trying to play with the big boys, could someone recommend a good hearted Granny, who is planning on travelling to Mexico, to get me a bottle of Nembutal!

dibo

Greenpoleffc said:
As chants tried to get going, you could see the people in the upper tier trying to get into it but it faded to quickly.

simple, well known songs X many repeats = better sound there.

there were more people *wanting* to be singing than actually were singing. still too many non-participants in the main bays, block purchase and distribution would be just about the only way around this.

this would practically only be possible by simply laying out large for the 2500 or whatever seats in those three bays.

Arabmariner

dibo said:
Greenpoleffc said:

Dibo is right.The songs have to be well known and easy to remember tunes with as few words as possible.
When Scotland play at Hampden there is no "home end" as such.The singing can start from anywhere and will spread round the whole stadium.But the songs are simple.The same 3 or 4 catchy songs all the time.
Having said that the game the other night was never going to arouse peoples emotions.Dead rubber,crap game etc.Even in countries where football is no 1 they don't get excited about friendlys and meaningless games.ie Scotland v Georgia and Lithuania in Euro qualifying drew full houses and a great atmosphere to Hampden park but a friendly against Croatia(more attractive opposition?) drew less than 30,000 with a crap atmosphere and hardly any singing.
The other problem here is we don't have a singing culture in Australia.In Europe the crowds sing and participate in just about everything.My Mrs and I used to go and watch our local Ice Hockey team in a crappy little old Ice rink that held about 2,500 people.The crowd there made more noise singing than the 70,000 there the other night.
I admire what you guys are trying to do here as I,ve always been frustrated at the quietness(is that a word?) of Australian sporting crowds.You certainly have your work cut out!
I,m sure when the "real " games come along it won't be so hard to get things going.

Gav...

dibo said:
Greenpoleffc said:

Yer, i was sittind above the Home End and i was in the 3rd row and people were trying to get into the chants but some of then people couldnt understand wat they were saying, but the basic and simple songs, people caught onto them really easy

MattSimon

Simple chants and monoculturalism go a long way fellas...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4SDfCQpgZo&feature=related

Korean fans are the best national team supporters in the world for me. Tifo, Crowd involvement - it's almost scary.

clarence

MattSimon said:
Simple chants and monoculturalism go a long way fellas...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4SDfCQpgZo&feature=related

Korean fans are the best national team supporters in the world for me. Tifo, Crowd involvement - it's almost scary.

Faaaark that's awesome. IF the crowd at ANZ started doing that on Sunday night the cops would have called for reinforcements thinking a riot was about to start! And that may be the problem - folks may think they will get in trouble if they fire the fark up.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred