• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Central Coast Stadium

Big Al

Was just at the Stadium, a temporary screen on rigging/scaff?? has been set -up in place to the left of the main busted screen for tommorrows game.

Hilariously, (& wished I took a photo) there's a large fonted black & white sign underneath the busted main screen that says:
"NEW SCREEN COMING SOON"

This one

true believer

Small piece about it in football confidential for the A League in today's daily telegraph.

Are the council trying to get rid of the Mariners.

Apparently they have gone and bought a second screen that no one knew about and where there has come from and the first one hasn't arrived yet.

Also mentioned they haven't fixed the PA or built the change rooms. A little blast
Considering that council hasn't even sat yet i believe . It is fake news from fake news central , news limited .

Murdoch and duplicity are the same thing

scottmac

Suspended
Starting to bombard council with messages about the embarrassment that was the stadium. The surface was poor and seeing a non working screen is just shithouse. Everything should have been ready to go round 1. All work completed in the off season.

Big Al

Starting to bombard council with messages about the embarrassment that was the stadium. The surface was poor and seeing a non working screen is just shithouse. Everything should have been ready to go round 1. All work completed in the off season.
Totally agree
However not sure if the surface is due to massive lack of rain.

Tap water just doesn't work as well on any plant or grass and it's been hot and windy as well. That would be my guess on the surface as can't see what would have changed otherwise.

But the PA is an embarrassment and the screen a big joke

Pirate Pete

Well done, however I think a group would have to organise a "group whinge".

I was involved in a group a few years ago when I lived in Sydney. It was to do with airport noise.
Basically everyone from the group had to phone John Howards office on a particular afternoon.
It just ties up the phones and they can't do any other business. Just one way to get the message across.

Everyone on here should phone the council on a Monday morning at 9am after every home game.
After a few weeks the poor bastards would be going into work knowing full well another round of calls
would have to answered.

Insertnamehere

Was full of sand and bare in a few areas. May not have looked it at the ground but from above it was clearly not healthy.
Field looked like it had been top dressed with sand that week. I would envisage and hope it is just the changeover in grass seasons?? I know that's the story at AFL/Cricket grounds like SCG.

Rowdy

Field looked like it had been top dressed with sand that week. I would envisage and hope it is just the changeover in grass seasons?? I know that's the story at AFL/Cricket grounds like SCG.
The topdressing of sand had to have been done Sat morning as it WASN'T there Fri afternoon when the boys and I were finishing off setting up the banner.

The cnr area closest to the band was just threadbare, subsequently that had the most sand.

Pirate Pete

Looks like they were doing something to the scoreboard yesterday afternoon.
Probably found out it wasn't plugged in.

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

Apperently ANZ & Allianz are getting knocked down & rebuilt so we'll be waitling for a wile:(
Seems like such a tremendous waste of money, especially stadium Australia (forget which is which). Refurb would be much more cost effective.
We're still going to end up with an oval stadium. One would hope it's going to be designed to effectively convert into a rectangular stadium, but that won't happen.

Big Al

Seems like such a tremendous waste of money, especially stadium Australia (forget which is which). Refurb would be much more cost effective.
We're still going to end up with an oval stadium. One would hope it's going to be designed to effectively convert into a rectangular stadium, but that won't happen.
Says rectangle for ANZ (homebush). Probably cheaper in the long run to build again. The refurb was very expensive as well. Now will be totally new not breaking down in another 5 years but a lot of money for 5,000 less seats and a roof

Timmah

Both are to be rectangle as @Big Al's links show.

I wonder how plausible using old parts of the demolished stadia might be - would be great if possible. I know McDonald Jones Stadium got a leftover big screen from the Pirtek rebuild.

Maybe Venues NSW should take ownership of CCS?

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
Did anyone see the community paper this week, the missus said the nufty in charge of the council said something about not renewing the Mariners bluetongue deal....is this person mad, we’re the only regular tenant , I hope she ain’t hanging on the hope of the almighty NRL coming to her rescue

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooChami