Central Coast Stadium

Discussion in 'Central Coast Mariners FC' started by pjennings, Oct 2, 2016.

1. Capn Gus Bloodbeard

Capn Gus Bloodbeard Well-Known Member

:vomit::poo::poo::poo::vomit:

• Winner Winner x 3
  2. Big Al

Big Al Well-Known Member

This one

3. Big Al

Big Al Well-Known Member

4. true believer

true believer Well-Known Member

Considering that council hasn't even sat yet i believe . It is fake news from fake news central , news limited .

Murdoch and duplicity are the same thing

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. scottmac

scottmac Well-Known Member

Starting to bombard council with messages about the embarrassment that was the stadium. The surface was poor and seeing a non working screen is just shithouse. Everything should have been ready to go round 1. All work completed in the off season.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. Big Al

Big Al Well-Known Member

Totally agree
    However not sure if the surface is due to massive lack of rain.

Tap water just doesn't work as well on any plant or grass and it's been hot and windy as well. That would be my guess on the surface as can't see what would have changed otherwise.

But the PA is an embarrassment and the screen a big joke

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Wombat

Wombat Well-Known Member

Pitch looked ok.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  8. scottmac

scottmac Well-Known Member

Was full of sand and bare in a few areas. May not have looked it at the ground but from above it was clearly not healthy.

• Agree Agree x 3
  9. Pirate Pete

Pirate Pete Well-Known Member

Well done, however I think a group would have to organise a "group whinge".

I was involved in a group a few years ago when I lived in Sydney. It was to do with airport noise.
    Basically everyone from the group had to phone John Howards office on a particular afternoon.
    It just ties up the phones and they can't do any other business. Just one way to get the message across.

Everyone on here should phone the council on a Monday morning at 9am after every home game.
    After a few weeks the poor bastards would be going into work knowing full well another round of calls
    would have to answered.

• Like Like x 4
  10. Insertnamehere

Insertnamehere Well-Known Member

Field looked like it had been top dressed with sand that week. I would envisage and hope it is just the changeover in grass seasons?? I know that's the story at AFL/Cricket grounds like SCG.

11. Rowdy

Rowdy Well-Known Member

The topdressing of sand had to have been done Sat morning as it WASN'T there Fri afternoon when the boys and I were finishing off setting up the banner.

The cnr area closest to the band was just threadbare, subsequently that had the most sand.

• Interesting Interesting x 2
  12. Pirate Pete

Pirate Pete Well-Known Member

Looks like they were doing something to the scoreboard yesterday afternoon.
    Probably found out it wasn't plugged in.

• Funny Funny x 5
  13. sydmariner

sydmariner Well-Known Member

Apperently ANZ & Allianz are getting knocked down & rebuilt so we'll be waitling for a wile:(

14. Big Al

Big Al Well-Known Member

Just send the parts we need up here. The YA won’t mind a curved roof, hey they could even use the scoreboards as a roof

• Winner Winner x 1
  15. Capn Gus Bloodbeard

Capn Gus Bloodbeard Well-Known Member

Seems like such a tremendous waste of money, especially stadium Australia (forget which is which). Refurb would be much more cost effective.
    We're still going to end up with an oval stadium. One would hope it's going to be designed to effectively convert into a rectangular stadium, but that won't happen.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. sydmariner

sydmariner Well-Known Member

ANZ is at Hombush, Allianz is Next to the SCG

17. Big Al

Big Al Well-Known Member

Says rectangle for ANZ (homebush). Probably cheaper in the long run to build again. The refurb was very expensive as well. Now will be totally new not breaking down in another 5 years but a lot of money for 5,000 less seats and a roof

18. Big Al

Big Al Well-Known Member

19. Timmah

Timmah Well-Known Member

Both are to be rectangle as @Big Al's links show.

I wonder how plausible using old parts of the demolished stadia might be - would be great if possible. I know McDonald Jones Stadium got a leftover big screen from the Pirtek rebuild.

Maybe Venues NSW should take ownership of CCS?

• Like Like x 3
  20. RECKY

RECKY I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit

Did anyone see the community paper this week, the missus said the nufty in charge of the council said something about not renewing the Mariners bluetongue deal....is this person mad, we’re the only regular tenant , I hope she ain’t hanging on the hope of the almighty NRL coming to her rescue

• Informative Informative x 3