Central Coast Stadium

Discussion in 'Central Coast Mariners FC' started by pjennings, Oct 2, 2016.

1. scoober

scoober Well-Known Member

Didn't see it but might give us the courage to build our own boutique 10,000 capacity at Tuggerah and then get all match day revenue plus take events from which blue tongue may get to hold to actually raise some money!!

• Like Like x 3
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
  2. VicMariner

VicMariner Well-Known Member

Council approval? :redcard:

3. TedShot

TedShot Active Member

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. Forum Phoenix

Forum Phoenix Well-Known Member

Surely that cannot be true? Going to organise a street protest if they try to make this happen.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. Wombat

Wombat Well-Known Member

Will be there 100 percent and the march has to end inside the council building on whatever level the bint works on.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Woollybutt

Woollybutt Active Member

Couldn’t believe those comments from the Mayor, so I’ve written her a very long, very polite email asking for an explanation. If anyone else is interested her email is jsmith@centralcoast.nsw.gov.au and her contact numbers are 4325 8361 (Gosford Office), 4350 5211 (Wyong Office), and 0428 943 988 (mobile, apparently…) You can also find the contacts for your local ward representatives here https://www.wyong.nsw.gov.au/about-council/councillors if you want to contact them instead/as well, and there’s also the possibility of addressing a Residents’ Forum at a Council Meeting if anyone is willing to speak on behalf of concerned Mariners fans. And if all else fails, save me a spot at the protest.

• Winner Winner x 2
  7. Big Al

Big Al Well-Known Member

All she says is she didn’t know if they had renewed and then the formal announcement says no haven’t agreed.

Not we don’t want to agree

I read it as trying to fend off our claims for management not being a tenant

The NRL bit was to justify them managing it
    IMO

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  8. Timmah

Timmah Well-Known Member

I feel there's a *teensy* over-reaction here. CCM aren't going anywhere and CCC aren't stupid enough to not renew CCM's lease.

If there's more NRL games on that's probably a good thing (provided they're outside HAL season).

For absolute clarity, this is the story for those too lazy to click the link supplied a few posts back and just believe Recky's characterisation of the words:

Most of the questionable language actually comes from the CCN journo rather than the mayor.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. pjennings

pjennings Well-Known Member

I agree with this characterisation. However, as a ratepayer you have to ask do I want to pay for all these improvements when the Mariners have said they will make these improvements at their expense and give the Council a fee for management rights. That sounds like a win-win-win scenario for the Mariners, the Council and the ratepayer.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Forum Phoenix

That's what I love about you Timmah, you're never "too lazy" to act like a total dick. Maybe someone "missed" the post because they were in a rush.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2017
  11. Timmah

Timmah Well-Known Member

An easy solution for that would be to not hit 'post reply' until one has availed themselves of the facts.

It's the kind of knee-jerk stuff I expect from the great unwashed on the club's Facebook page, not the thoughtful and intelligent fans who frequent here.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. adz

adz Moderator Staff Member

Ease up.

[​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  13. priorpeter

priorpeter Well-Known Member

Nah, f**k that - FIIIIIIGGGGGGHHHHHTTT!

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  14. Timmah

Timmah Well-Known Member

Me:
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 3
  15. RECKY

RECKY I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit

hey Timmah, dont paint me to be a rabel rousing dickhead, i was just talking about a conversation me and the missus had

• Like Like x 1
  16. Revilo

Revilo Active Member

Getting mad at Timmah for posting the facts/relevant information? Wow.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  17. RECKY

RECKY I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit

Me get mad ..never, but Timmah did say I characterized the story and that to me (and a dictionary) says I made it up ...and I didn’t

18. Forum Phoenix

You’re right. I should have waited to post until I could read the source and not just go off Reckys post. I usually do. But let’s also be clear, all I said was I’d protest if council were going to screw the club.

So, serious question, do you really have to be so uncharitable and such a douche about it?

Zillion other ways to go about it imo so it pisses me off.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Forum Phoenix

No. See above.

20. VicMariner

VicMariner Well-Known Member

I'm not sure what just happened in this thread. o_O Can we have the VAR go over it? That will fix everything.

• Winner Winner x 7
    • Funny Funny x 4