• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Central Coast Reps 2012

Ted

Central Coast Mariners
Media Release
Friday, 15 July
Mariners pen landmark agreement

Central Coast Mariners together with Central Coast Football (CCF) have today penned an historic agreement that will help bolster the Yellow and Navy’s Hyundai A-League playing stocks for generations to come.

In an Australian football first, the Heads of Agreement signed this morning ensure that from October 1 this year, CCF’s representative Youth League programs will be integrated into and form a key component of the Mariners ambitious Academy initiatives.

Under the Central Coast Mariners brand the program will be the sole elite football Academy in the region, providing high-level training and playing opportunities to both male and female footballers.

Indeed, in its initial stages the Academy will consist of U-11 to U-18 male teams, and U-12 to senior female sides competing at the highest level permitted by Football New South Wales.

Central Coast Mariners Chairman, Mr Peter Turnbull, today hailed the partnership as yet another significant milestone in the clubs progression.

“I congratulate the CCF Board on their vision and foresight in developing this initiative with us,” Turnbull said.

“This is another commitment by the Mariners in fostering and developing youth talent to provide youngsters with a clear pathway to develop their skills and hopefully achieve a career in the sport.

“With four players in the Qantas Young Socceroos squad for the 2011 FIFA U-20 World Cup, and the captain of the Qantas U-23s in our Hyundai A-League ranks, we are ideally placed to undertake this next era of youth development.

“In fact, we will be the only Hyundai A-League club that has its own representative Youth League teams for both males and females, and I believe this is further testament to our commitment to community involvement which we have made a conscious effort in further enhancing this year.”

Under the terms of the agreement, CCF will provide the budding Mariners with access to Pluim Park, Lisarow for all representative games. Additionally, access to Jubilee Oval, Long Jetty and Leagues Club Park, Gosford for all of the Academy’s training and playing requirements will be supplied.

In return, the agreement is underpinned by the Mariners guarantee that 80 per cent of all players in the representative programs will be Central Coast residents, ensuring that a transparent development pathway from the junior to the elite level of football in the region is created.

According to CCF Chairman, Mr Darren Sprod, the agreement is a mutually beneficial one. “This agreement provides a clear pathway for the development of elite youth players on the Coast, which follows the national curriculum sponsored by both Football New South Wales and FFA,” Sprod said. “Elite players of the region will no longer be confused over which path to take.

“The agreement allows CCF to concentrate its resources on community football and our 23 member clubs, while ensuring we support the Mariners in developing the elite footballers of the future. CCF wants to ensure we give the youth of the Central Coast every opportunity to develop, and this agreement with the Mariners ensures we remain strategically aligned with the development of the regions elite footballers.”

Former Central Coast Mariners Hyundai A-League player and current Youth Development Co-ordinator, Damien Brown, said that as a local, he feels “privileged to be involved” in this agreement.

“I am excited for all the football families across the Central Coast that CCF and the Mariners have created a clear and recognisable pathway to the top,” Brown said.

“With the Central Coast Mariners Sporting Campus underway and now an elite football training and playing Academy in place, the future of Central Coast football is in its brightest state ever.”

Finally, Mariners NYL Head Coach, Tony Walmsley, said he welcomed the opportunity to directly influence the development of local players.

“In the true partnership that now exists, the Mariners and CCF will benefit from the dedicated focus and resources given to elite programs and club football respectively.”

The agreement is subject to relevant approvals from Football Federation Australia and Football New South Wales.

Ends

dibo

Interesting - what does this tell us about the structure on representative comps in 2012 - Metros, Youth League and PL?

style_cafe

On paper this looks fantastic but there are a lot of factors that have been left out of the press release.

Taking the development of representative players away from what is basically an amateur set up is a good thing,there`s no doubt about that.
We will see the development of better players under the Mariner`s than we currently do under the CCFC.There`s no arguement there.

However,what happens to these talented kids once they`ve finished the development program?

At present these kids come into the system at U/11 & progress to U/18 in youth league.From there they go to Central Coast FC u/21 & first grade & play NSW Super League with the possibilty of promotion to NSW Premier League.

Under the new system (as above) they play u/11s to 18/s with the Mariner`s where there is a guaranteed 80% local content, which means 13 out of 16 players are local. So technically, we just lost 3 rep. opportunities in each team,so for the boys we`ve lost 24 opportunities,girls we lose 9 opportunities.
This is per year.

It has already been announced that the Mariner`s youth team will compete in the NSW Premier League next year.
This youth team will comprise of players brought in to the COE from all over Australia (maybe the World somewhere in the future).

Therefore, the chances of a local kid playing in an elite competition after he or she turns 18 are now somewhat diminished.

Sure,we`ll have a talented pool of players at the end of each year but where do they play?

CCFC won`t have any teams.

So that basically means the kids on the Coast have the option of playing local Premier League( wow, I bet they`ll look forward to that) or they can travel to Newcastle or Sydney to play at a decent level.

CCFC have passed on their obligations to develop players to the Mariner`s.Will this now lead to a reduction in registration fee`s as they won`t have to bear the costs of football develop?

AS much as I love the Mariner`s, I don`t think that this is good for the youth of the Central Coast, unless we have CCFC playing in the Super League /Premier League.

If we do play SL/PL, as CCFC, we create a "safety net" to ensure that that talented players of the Coast have somewhere decent to play & that players can`t "slip through the cracks in the system".

kevrenor

The senior players were told - before their game tonight vs Spirit, no wonder they lost 2-5 - due to financial restrictions.

With no senior team entered in a State League comp under the rules & regulations no junior teams may be entered.

Looks like only local association comps for all Central Coast players (unless in NYL team).

Some pathway, Some bright future!

dibo

Chris - the changes sorta imply that the rules are changing. Surely there'd still be a senior side in NSWPL? Breaking the links can't be that bad a thing anyway, too many kids are simply shovelling money into the pockets of ordinary journeyman 'stars' in the NSWPL in the hope of becoming stars.

kevrenor

Chris - the changes sorta imply that the rules are changing. Surely there'd still be a senior side in NSWPL? Breaking the links can't be that bad a thing anyway, too many kids are simply shovelling money into the pockets of ordinary journeyman 'stars' in the NSWPL in the hope of becoming stars.

Mate, there is no Coast side in the NSWPL. The Super League side were told tonight (source was at the game) that there will be NO senior team. As it stands now that means no junior teams.

A lot more water under this bridge yet.

style_cafe

"Breaking the links can't be that bad a thing anyway, too many kids are simply shovelling money into the pockets of ordinary journeyman 'stars' in the NSWPL in the hope of becoming stars."

The kids don`t "shovel the money into the pockets"etc. At least not on the coast anyway.
The money the first grade get paid by CCFC would be the lowest in league & it has been for years. It wouldn`t even cover the player`s expenses for a season.
Players Like Jamie Lobb have played for the Coast for years & have given their all to represent their Association.
Comments like that are an insult to them & their families.

"Breaking the links" now puts a glass ceiling on kids that want to represent their Association & that`s something the Association should be ashamed of.

Whilst the intentions of the Mariner`s appear honourable the ramifications are diabolical!!

Wilsons

50 dollars a week! To cover costs. Most players in the same league at least 300 some players are on 800 plus. A former coastie playing for mounties is on 500 a week, one division below

style_cafe

We are all shattered

Wilson I was at the game & sat with the source of the info.He was visibly upset & nearly in tears.
Whilst I have not been involved with CCFC but have long been involved with Super League & Premier League (with another Association) I shared his dissappointment.
This is a dark day for your Association & the kids of the Coast,both male & female.

dibo

I was speaking in very general terms - I'm closely acquainted with a youth league club in similar position. More thinking of positives at certain SYL and PYL clubs who use their kids as cash cows. CCFC clearly don't and I apologise for any misunderstanding.

I know CCFC aren't in NSWPL - surely if CCFC/CCMFC are in PYL there will be some senior presence?

style_cafe

50 dollars a week! To cover costs. Most players in the same league at least 300 some players are on 800 plus. A former coastie playing for mounties is on 500 a week, one division below

We were paying $400 a week 12 years ago.

Players in the Illawarra Premier League are on over a $1,000- a game!!

style_cafe

I was speaking in very general terms - I'm closely acquainted with a youth league club in similar position. More thinking of positives at certain SYL and PYL clubs who use their kids as cash cows. CCFC clearly don't and I apologise for any misunderstanding.

I know CCFC aren't in NSWPL - surely if CCFC/CCMFC are in PYL there will be some senior presence?

Yes, there will be a senior presence, taken up by the Mariner`s Youth team which will consist of players brought in from all over the country.

The chances of a kid from the Coast playing in that team are very minimal.

dibo

Can there not be a second team entered at Div.1 or SL level? Given the facility upgrade at Pluim, they could groundshare.

style_cafe

Can there not be a second team entered at Div.1 or SL level? Given the facility upgrade at Pluim, they could groundshare.
As Wilsons pointed out CCFC have washed their hands of rep football.

I would now think that as Pluim is just basically an amateur ground with not used by any senior grade football it would be highly unlikely that the upgrade would be necessary.Just my opinion.

Wilsons

And pluim park was given to the senior men as their home ground so long ago! Pluim park was the original home of rep football!

style_cafe

Barry Margin wouldn`t be to happy...

Wilsons, I really feel for you & the Boys I spoke to Lobby after the game & he wasn`t impressed by the bombshell..

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooChami