• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Central Coast Mariners Squad for 2008/09 Season

tyson

speaking of the mariners squad, has anyone seen the article regarding saturdays game in the GOSFORD CITY SUN paper for today?

going on about the expecting full capacity etc... with a picture of '(caption:) Jet's Stuart Musialik left, and Noel Spencer from the Mariners."

Can someone PLEASE get this guy an updated squad list and new pictures?

poetryintheblood

If Tommy isn't resigned I'd be devastated, as I think the whole Central Coast knows he's my Fave Lol, even though I love all the guys, and I know Andrew Clarke would be laughing if he read this right now Lol, gotta love Andrew :) Seriously though our team whoever makes it up is exactly that OUR TEAM, and I for one say...CENTRAL COAST MARINERS FOREVER.

tyson

yeh its not the best when your local newspaper gets the players of your team wrong. the same dude probably wrote an article on the mariners dropping their captain noel spencer last year. haha.

Deej

I'm still not confident we will see Mrdja playing on a crap Pluim Park pitch in the freezing cold to prove himself..........respect to him if he does but his head may need to get a bit smaller first!

tyson

after reading that interview and the way he was playing early in the season, he seems pretty keen to prove himself though. hopefully keen enough to do what it takes, which may be to play for lightning.

Deej

tyson said:
after reading that interview and the way he was playing early in the season, he seems pretty keen to prove himself though. hopefully keen enough to do what it takes, which may be to play for lightning.

if he wants a contract there is no doubt he will have to play there, just like Trott, Smitta, Simon and Boogs had to do last year...........I just don't trust his attitude.

I hope he does go there, make a full recovery, sign for another year and score shit loads of goals in V4, but 1) I'm not convinced his knee will hold up, and 2) I don't know if he'll lower himself to Lightning standards.

tyson

yeh... to be honest, im really not getting my hopes up about any of it.

what i really hope is that we sign aloisi again so we have JA, sash and matty up front.... nik mrdja recovering would just be a bonus really...

Wombat

Andy said:
Some people may think it is perhaps a bit too early to start one of these threads, but with negotiations and rumours floating about, I thought it was important to start this thread.

#1)Matthew Trott  (3rd choice keeper or let him go)
#2)Matt Simon  (keep..couldn't score in a brothel but is one for the future)
#3)Paul O'Grady  (let go much as i like him)
#4)Ian McAndrew (who knows??)
#5)Brad Porter  (possible squad ??)
#6)Andre Gumprecht
(must be kept!! I cannot believe how f**kin stupid some of you people are. 10 times the player that blokes like Porter/Kwas/O'Grady/Clark/Simon/Brown will ever be. Getting older but has at least 2-3 good seasons left in him. It it wasn't for the massive cheer he gets when he finally comes on the pitch from the fans who actually know something about football...i'd think i was living in the f**king twilight zone. I know some of you know it all after watching (!) Football for 3 seasons but really Gumps and the comments some of you make about him occasionally make me ashamed to be a Mariners fan.
#7)John Hutchinson (best player all year...btw same know-nothings that slag gumpey were calling for him to be released last year.....obviously resign)
#8)Dean Heffernan (resign)
#9)Nik Mrdja (resign on pay for play contract)
#10)Tom Pondeljak  ((resign)
#11)Damien Brown
(let go)
#12)Greg Owens (resign)
#13)Tony Vidmar  (resign as squad player/coach on a massively reduced contract)
#14)
#15)Andrew Clark (probally let go...maybe resign as fringe squad player/conditioning coach)
#16)Nigel Boogard (resign on 5 year contract)
#17)Matthew Osman  (resign)
#18)Alex Wilkinson (resign)
#19)Adam Kwasnik (resign as squad player on reduced contract or let go)
#20)Danny Vukovic (resign on 5 year contract)
#21)
#22)Sasho Petrovski (resign for another year)
#23)Mile Jedinak (resign)
#25)John Aloisi (resign)
#26)Alvin Ceccoli (resign)
#30)Andrew Redmayne
 (who knows...either as number 2 keeper in place of Trotty or let go...as my wife says...Trotty can't do it so we might as well see if Redmayne can!)

Players in Bold are off-contract at the end of this season.

tyson

then again, it seems like his options are:

play lightning for a season and play with the mariners - top team, best club

or

play for perth - the bottom team.

as for lightning... imagine the keepers... "C'mon ref! He's kicking it too hard!"

tyson

why keep gumprecht? as if u would start him when u have the jedinak/hutch/tommy p combo?

can you see gumprecht being the kind of bloke who doesnt care about starting on the bench?

i love him too, and so do the fans, he has good character. but this is football...

Deej

Wombat - u must be calling Lawrie f**king stupid too then

I'm not going into another Gumps conversation, but unless he signs on a reduced wage let him go as the money he is on to sit in the stands is a waste!

Wombat

DJ said:
Wombat - u must be calling Lawrie f**king stupid too then

I'm not going into another Gumps conversation, but unless he signs on a reduced wage let him go as the money he is on to sit in the stands is a waste!

DJ.  I am calling Lawrie stupid.
I think he is a brilliant coach and a top bloke but i just don't get the bullshit with Gumps. I know Kwas is his pet (flawed) project from a conversation with Fergie in season 1.
But is doesn't make any sense. Maybe we are paying gumps too much and he wants to free up some funds...any other reason...and he's a fool.
I think i have seen us play maybe 1 or 2 good games without Gumpy..thats it.  The bloke is a quality player, a real goer....whats the f**king problem!  It contrast some of you wank on about blokes with no real talent. I don't know if its an anti German thing or what but i don't understand it???  Please explain?

Andy

Kwasnik has impressed a,ot more than Gumps this season IMO.

At the age of 33, I think the league has sadly, outgrown him.

TBH, I find it laughable that people think that he has another 2-3 years left in him.

With the amount of money he is rumoured to be on, I think there are many better players capable of replacing him.

Unfortunately, I highly doubt that he will be in yellow next season.

Wombat

TBH, I find it laughable that people think that he has another 2-3 years left in him.

As oppossed to Petrie who was 36 (but one of Lawrie's mates) and had never played at the standard that Gumps had.
Viddy is 37.
BTW what money is he suppossed to be on?

Andy

Wombat said:

As oppossed to Petrie who was 36 (but one of Lawrie's mates) and had never played at the standard that Gumps had.
Viddy is 37.

BTW what money is he suppossed to be on?

Petrie was used at a time where, arguably, the league was no where as physical or quick. It was easy to notice that Petrie wasn't anywhere near as good last year, compared to V1 and he was subsequently released.

The same could be said about Viddy, and like Gumprecht I doubt he will be hear next season.

This isn't the best place to discuss figures, but it'd be safe to say that Gumps isn't the lowest paid player in the squad.

tyson

i dont understand wombat. weren't u just saying we are fools for thinking gumps should be out? now you are agreeing that hes passed his time?

Atomic

Andy said:
The same could be said about Viddy, and like Gumprecht I doubt he will be hear next season.

This isn't the best place to discuss figures, but it'd be safe to say that Gumps isn't the lowest paid player in the squad.

When we signed Viddy, was part of the deal an 'understanding' of a role in the club after he finished his playing days, eg, some sort of coaching or development role?

tyson

dont think so. how many coaches can we have?

or maybe tobin is considering leaving? wasnt there an article saying he was keen to become a full on manager when there was a club linked with him?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred